Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
oh brother

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P105 Rifle

As the flagship of our product line, the Precision 105 is the result of 20+ years of development. The only criteria we had developing this rifle was that it had to be the best. Of course the perfect hunting rifle/optic combination needs to be deadly accurate, but that's just where the story begins. It also needs to have the features to perform in the real world. Every aspect of the 105 has been developed to work under hunting conditions.

Sure it's a tack-driver on the bench, but in the field is where it really shines. Each Precision 105 includes a Precision Hunting Optic (PHO) which is perfectly matched to the rifle's specific ballistic data and the customer's preferences regarding average hunting altitude and temperature. Simply range the target, dial the Drop Compensating Turret (DCT) to the yardage, use the Precision Reticle's built-in wind compensating marks if needed, hold dead on, and squeeze.

Features and Specifications

Available Calibers: .243 Winchester, .264 Winchester Magnum, 7mm Remington Magnum

Action: Squared and trued Remington 700 (McMillan G30 also available +$800.00)

Optic: 4.5x14 Precision Hunting Optic, 50mm Objective, side focus/parallax adjustment, Precision Hunting Reticle, custom Drop Compensating Turret, pinned mounts. Built specifically for GreyBull Precision by Leupold.

Stock: GreyBull Precision Hunting Stock Learn More

Barrel: 26" Custom stainless, fluted, & featuring GreyBull's proprietary chamber

Trigger: Custom

Fittings: Sling swivel studs and optional quick connect bipod attachment

Ammunition: 100 rounds of GreyBull Precision custom loads. Our high-performance ammunition features precision VLD hunting bullets, which offer the highest ballistic coefficients available in each caliber & bullet weight, and deliver the best retained energy and wind drift performance for extended ranges. The "delayed grenade" effect of these bullets provides amazing terminal performance and quick, clean kills.

Weight: 10 pounds including optic (also available with a lighter barrel contour resulting in a 9 pound finished weight w/optic)

Finish: Matte black ceramic coating over stainless

Stock Colors: Olive, Grey, Tan, Black

Price: $6,000.00

Whos barrel?
Is the loopie a FFP or a second?

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Looks like a Obermeyer, but I could be wrong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.greybullprecision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5

Watched the video.
The loopie is a SFP.

Obermeyer?
Im surprised he can get them.

Its a well thought out system.

dave

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by JBurns

The picture shows a rifle for aprox $3000 with an optic for $2000 so now we are at $5000 with no barrel break in, no load development, no custom DCT and no ammo.
SLG88, I'm sure your still stinging from that classic "in your face, think before you talk" reply by greybull.
Kenneth, obvioulsy your a retard because comparing greybull components rem700, Bell & Carlson stock, no name barrel, no name trigger, to a custom Bat,Borden, Lilja, Kreiger, Jewel trigger ect, is insane.

If anyone has a sting in his face, that would be yours from your boyfriend t-bagging you.

As I quoted Calvin before, Im sure there is a market for this "turn key" ready to hunt rifle and I'm sure the box trucks will be backing up for a bunch of delivery's. I will be looking forward to hearing some review's from our campfire members after purchasing p105 rifle.

Last edited by slg888; 09/10/10.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by dave7mm
P105 Rifle
Price: $6,000.00 Who's barrel?
Is the loopie a FFP or a second?
dave
+1

Barrel mfr?
Trigger?
Rifle builder?
Stock mfr?

Build times? I like the idea of the Mcmillan G30 option.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 65BR
Ok, I am going to offer 3 new custom rifle packages.

As you can see, you can choose your weapon depending if you want to fire standing (pump action), kneeling (break action - Spring Piston), or prone (Rear bolt action), as they are all custom tailored for each position.

You can fire 100 rounds of your own ammo, and our packages are guaranteed to outperform anything else you will find at any price. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

***We have yet to have an unsatisfied customer.

The firing line is HOT wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'll buy the prone model.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
again the video says 2nd focalplane and explains why!

Look before you leap!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Popapi
Looks like a Obermeyer, but I could be wrong.

I'm not good enough to tell who manufactured a barrel just by looking at it, but I'll go 20:1 that you are indeed wrong. My vote = Benchmark.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well it seems like Rick won�t be giving us a refund for the sponsorship.

I don�t think he should use words like �man up� �quit whining� or keep talking about something called �The Free Market� when talking with a paying sponsor.

I guess you guys are stuck with us for a while.

All joking aside I have to agree that 6K is a whole lot of money to most of us and some guys rightly question what would a guy get for that price and is it money well spent.

Calvin pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what our clients for the rifles have going in their lives. We deliver a turnkey system that will allow a hunter to start practicing from day 1 without worry about:

1. Component selection
2. Optic mounting
3. Load development
4. Barrel break in
5. Drop data

These guys love to hunt but building the rifle is not where they want to spend the few hours they have away from work and family.

On the other hand we sell about 10 scopes for every rifle. This customer already has a rifle that shoots very well and they want the ability to adjust the zero of their rifle to the range they are shooting.

The customer supplies us with:

1. The bullet they will be using
2. The actual muzzle velocity of the individual load in their individual rifle
3. The general altitude and temp the rifle will be used under
4. Depending upon the bullet selected we would also like 1 set of drop data

a. The customer precisely zeros the rifle at 100yds
b. Set the data gathering turret to 0
c. Rezero the rifle at the furthest range available
d. Record the number of clicks required to change the zero from 100yds to the long range zero
e. Record the exact atmospheric conditions at test site

The scope is based on the Leupold 4.5-14x50mm Side focus and has the following custom features:

1. Etched glass reticle with 1 MOA spaced hash marks for precise wind drift

2. Elevation target turret with custom thread pitch to produce a true 1/3 MOA per click adjustment with 20 MOA per complete revolution

3. Custom Drop Compensating Turret (DCT) etched in yardages with the 10 MPH wind drift for each range etched above the range
a. The wind drift is represented in MOA and corresponds with the custom reticle
b. Each turret is laser marked with the customer name, cartridge, bullet, muzzle velocity, and altitude and temp

All the internal work is done at Leupold and the optic still has the Leupold warranty.

We do all the DCTs in house on our laser.

Dave7mm,

We use the best barrel available. We don�t specify who that is because we never would blame the barrel maker if there ever was a problem with the whole system.

We have relatively few choice concerning components compared to most of our completion. Instead we build the complete system to a known performance level.

I can�t guarantee the system will work like everyone see in our videos unless I pick the parts. We are not the builder for guys who love to choose every little detail.

We are the guys for the hunter looking for a no excuses turnkey package and we have found our niche.

Second focal plane

Slg888,

The elk never sees the name on the side of the action nor does he care who built the barrel. The bullet either hits the mark or it does not.

If we started a new shooting competition where the winner was determined buy the names associated with the individual components we sure could cut down on all that money wasted doing the actual shooting, but it might not draw many competitors.

When the rubber meets the road our customers judge us by how the complete system works and if it delivers what we promised. It certainly is an easier business model to try and ride on the backs of your subcontractors and vendors but just not the direction Greybull Precision wants to pursue.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your business is booming, you're selling your product, you're customers are delighted, who are we to complain!? Keep up the good work Mr. Burns, you've found a great niche and are filling it adequately!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The amazing thing to me is nobody howls when they see the price tag on Kenny Jarrett rifle at 6K+

Or a synthetic stocked Echols "Legend" at $12k +

Or a David Miller Marksman with a laminated stock at 20K +

You get the idea.

If the losers whinning on this thread cannot afford such wares- then buy a cheaper rifle somewhere else.

Quit acting like jerks and denegrating the value of another man's hard work. No riflesmith in this country- sponsor or not, owes you guys a damn thing.

AND BY THE WAY..

The cheapskates here should check out what it cost for a SPONSORSHIP on this site.

Rick B. does not give THOSE away either. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JBurns
Dave7mm,
We are not the builder for guys who love to choose every little detail.

Respectfully,Mr.John Burns.
Chooseing every little detail,is what the Custom Rifles & Wildcats forum.
Is all about.

dave

[Linked Image]

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jim62
The amazing thing to me is nobody howls when they see the price tag on Kenny Jarrett rifle at 6K+

Or a synthetic stocked Echols "Legend" at $12k +

Or a David Miller Marksman with a laminated stock at 20K +

You get the idea.

If the losers whinning on this thread cannot afford such wares- then buy a cheaper rifle somewhere else.

Quit acting like jerks and denegrating the value of another man's hard work. No riflesmith in this country- sponsor or not, owes you guys a damn thing.

AND BY THE WAY..

The cheapskates here should check out what it cost for a SPONSORSHIP on this site.

Rick B. does not give THOSE away either. wink

Well said!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you got a lay away plan??? grins

I can't spell... Deal with it...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
you got a lay away plan??? grins

I'd buy one , but then I'd have to retool on Mrs Walter, and the lawyer says that makes it a $100K rifle.

Still.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmm, well if business was booming, why complain on spending money where you get your feet put to the fire (no pun)? And want a refund? I thought it was charitable gifting?

Ok, kidding aside...."On a side note we are working very hard on the backordered optics and rifles are shipping at the fastest pace ever."

Not to be rude, but I personally never recall hearing of this company or their products, not that my wallet is thick enough, but I have heard of Kenny Jarrett, Sisk, and others. I must be out of the loop.

Fact is there are alot of very knowledgable shooters/hunters on this site, and I am sure many like myself would like the J. Burns to 'expound' upon his guarantee and claim of 'OUTPERFORM'
as one statement to SLG says, 'Just curious but if our rifle outperformed everything else out of the box how much should it be worth??' #4400086 - Yesterday at 08:51 PM

SO that statement says IF, yes IF our rifle outperformed.

Now we come down a little bit, and this is where I did a double take and had to re-read, 3x.

I was awestruck someone has the confidence to state:

#4400166 - Yesterday at 09:34 PM

I am not implying but am flat out saying our rifle outperforms anything else out of the box.

I absolutely guarantee our systems will outperform that rifle under real field conditions.

Hmmmm, I pulled out a 6mm BR #1 Ruger, from a box shipped from Pac-Nor, I shot a .498 3 shot group at 330 yds. Dropped a deer at 400 yds, center punched the lungs, he did not know it was from a rifle costing under 2k (Kepplinger trigger and 4200 scope). Killed alot of other game just fine with it as well.

Built another later on a Stiller/Bartlein/Jewell smithed by a Hall of Fame BR shooter, put the first 3 into 1/4", yes one fourth of an inch, at 200 yds.

That's how I define performance. So when others here think 'performance' perhaps they too are thinking accuracy.

The scope/turret system, looks/sounds like a CDS system to me that Leupold will free of charge send you calibrated caps for your cds scope.

But back to 'outperform' ...I'd be more inclined to think the rifle I had built just recently using the same smith I used above, w/Jim Borden action/Bartlein/Jewell WILL outshoot a 700 with component choices that as far as we know are selected for keeping production costs low, not the BEST money can buy, given a rifle is costing 6K.

But I digress, my rambling....sorry. Back to the question I would have.....since everything hinges on 'OUTPERFORM anything else bar none' something must be amiss here. Not selection of the best of components perhaps, but a statement of OUTPERFORM.

Therefore I would like that word defined and quantified. How do you 'MEASURE' yours vs. your competition......accuracy? Reliability? Just curious.

I think if everyone here is man enough to dish it out, then they can receive fair questions to find answers that substantiate claims of superiority, rather than 'CLAIMS' of superiority. Some here may have been taken aback by your assertiveness in your product claims of performance, while you feel on the defensive to justify your position. I respect all here.

Some people buy dreams, promises, fantasies of shooting game 600-1200 yds.

Others simply want to buy the best their wallet allows, but ALSO want to know what they get in return, components, and results, which add up to value for their dollar.

So Mr. Burns, I am FLAT OUT asking, What do you PROMISE that forms the basis that is MEASURABLE, able to be quantified, that gives you the ability to BOLDY CLAIM your product OUTPERFORMS all else?

We all would like to know, are you selling dreams, REAL SUPERIOR RESULTS, or Bull.....as this is getting 'Grey' and I am looking to decipher, Precision, or Bull....

I will end this post and say this, I respect W.V. Zwolle and have no qualms about his shooting at 603 yds on elk. I do wonder if the shot was 'staged' for that range, or did you all 'back up' to get it over 600 vs. under 600, but it matters not. What I DO feel 100% confident in saying, that WVZ would have had the SAME results using a $650 out the box Ruger that has proven to shoot give/take 1/2" with Hornady factory ammo, would have taken that elk JUST as well.

Even a 1" grouping rifle, shooting say 6" groups at 600 yds, will hit 3" from POA.

I just don't get this 'OUTPERFORM" everything out the box. That elk would have been JUST as dead, just as fast, just as far away, had it been shot with a rifle 10% the cost (lets say 15% for cost inc. a 3-9x Leupold) of that 6k custom.

I just have to speak my mind, as I see it, sorry.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think consitency = outperform. When you can make that shot virtually every time, that's the ticket.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW, Dave, sorry meant to respond to your post, yes I will make sure you get the 'prone' model, for 6k.....a night..I mean day sorry. Must observe hunting regs wink

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 65BR
BTW, Dave, sorry meant to respond to your post, yes I will make sure you get the 'prone' model, for 6k.....a night..I mean day sorry. Must observe hunting regs wink
Dave, you can have this one for the price of a Tikka....Lol

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 918 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.