Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shortmagfan
plenty of guys don't have the time, patience or knowledge to pick their own components and do proper load development and drop charts.

BUT they do have the $$ to let someone else do it for them in a first class way so that their time (which is finite) is better spent actually shooting and/or hunting.

Nothing in the world wrong with that. Supply and demand guys.

You are exactly right!! No one ever questioned this, they questioned the price with the components used, thats all. Hell, if Mr. Burns sells a million of his rifles, good for him!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 09/10/10.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
What the hell did i do? only asked if he had a layaway program??? grins

You're in luck Paul, he does!!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know I was just answering "not at you" I've seen you in pictures! I don't mess with people that much bigger then megrin

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Originally Posted by nsaqam
300MAG,

Mr. Burns is putting his money where his mouth is and offered to buy you a custom turnkey rifle if your expensive component rifle can beat his rifle in a contest of field position shooting.

Sounds like it should be easy for you to take his rifle with your wonder rifle.

After all, you can afford it, you said so yourself.

Never said I had a wonder rifle, now did I ????

This might qualify... would be a good one to show up with. Probably not cheaper than John's "crappy" rifle built with all those < top shelf components. Can't wait for the video!

Greybull Beater

Last edited by KDF; 09/10/10. Reason: forgot the link!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's another "turnkey" set-up - betcha Mr. Burns is familar with these guys: www.gunwerks.com

The Greybull Precision rifle is a bargain compared to their "turnkey" set-up.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL! i know, rosco called me a bastard though and got my feelers all hurt and stuff. so now i'm just sensitive.... grins

I can't spell... Deal with it...
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by KDF
Originally Posted by Popapi
Looks like a Obermeyer, but I could be wrong.

I'm not good enough to tell who manufactured a barrel just by looking at it, but I'll go 20:1 that you are indeed wrong. My vote = Benchmark.

Was looking at the flutes which resembles a Obermeyer 12 flute barrel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
300MAG,

Multiple guys have posted on this thread how I came up with my price.

I asked for it. Other free people choose to pay it.

It seems hard for you to comprehend that the intrinsic value you place on a product might be different than what another free person might place on the same thing.

I asked for the smith that would produce a comparable product at a reduced price for you and you don�t have an answer.

I asked if you were willing to put your money where your mouth was and you don�t seem to like that idea much.

Why do you even care what I charge as my products are obviously not for you??

I think you kind of got started on this thread with an axe to grind and now you have painted yourself into the corner so to speak.

Take a breath.

It really is not the end of the world if I sell a few rifles and scopes. There will be plenty of components left for you to get whatever you value for your hard earned money.

Ps I am a poor hunter and would go home empty handed if I didn�t shoot far and snipershide is only rumored to be where the wannabes hang. It really is a bunch of Tier1 operators with tons of experience at the sharp end and I value their opinions highly.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortmagfan
plenty of guys don't have the time, patience or knowledge to pick their own components and do proper load development and drop charts.

BUT they do have the $$ to let someone else do it for them in a first class way so that their time (which is finite) is better spent actually shooting and/or hunting.

Nothing in the world wrong with that. Supply and demand guys.

Or the place at their home area in say the congested east coast to even shoot LR, but they may have $$$ to get a nice hunt out west and upon arrival with a package gun run it out to long ranges with that 100 rounds then go hunting!

I'd love to go out and tune up some coyotes like that "bedded" coyote video!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Here's another "turnkey" set-up - betcha Mr. Burns is familar with these guys: www.gunwerks.com

The Greybull Precision rifle is a bargain compared to their "turnkey" set-up.

No kidding! That $1000 "Service and Maintenance" plan is a bargain though.... geeesh!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr. Burns,

#1 - With all respect, I really don't care what you charge for your rifle!! I think its overpriced, but others may not, so be it. I just wanted to see your justification of a $6000 price tag. Maybe its justified, maybe not - thats what I wanted to see/understand, thats all.

#2 - No axe to grind at all!! Never met you, never used your products, no problem on this end!!

#3 - No problem shooting with you, if thats what you'd like to do. I never questioned your shooting capabilities, ever!! I questioned the reasoning behind your pricing - see #1. Give me your justification of your pricing - maybe I'll see where you're coming from?? I'll give you my home & cell phone #'s if you'd like to give me a call & discuss your shooting system with me.

#4 - Not many smiths out there do a "turn-key" set-up such as you. Only other I know is GunWerks, but I do know of many great gunsmiths that build highly accurate rifles!!

#5 - I hope you do sell alot of rifles, more power to you. Its a tough market out there, I wish you the best with GreyBull Precision.

#6 - You have to admit, negative or postive, you got alot of exposure for your advertising dollar!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
his justification is that people are willing to pay that much... he could chuck a stock savage into a 2x4 and sell it for 6K if people would actually buy it! let it go man!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
now i understand all of this hoopla over nothing it was a publicity stunt!

gene

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gene270
now i understand all of this hoopla over nothing it was a publicity stunt!

gene

You're on to us, I actually work for GreyBull!! LOL!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
#6 - You have to admit, negative or postive, you got alot of publicity for your advertising dollar!!
[bleep] ya!

He should be doing a monthly drawing for a free rifle like our other sponsor. Although if I won, I would sell it in the campfire classifieds and put the $800.00 in my pocket!.

Or maybe some free Elk hunts?

Last edited by slg888; 09/10/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
his justification is that people are willing to pay that much... he could chuck a stock savage into a 2x4 and sell it for 6K if people would actually buy it! let it go man!

Now there's one that might interest you. You could take it to Alaska and hit rocks with it while someone cuts wood, and then blow it up!! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
slg888,

Just when I thought we were becoming friends.

$800 ?? Really??

300MAG,

Keep up the good work and you could get employee of the week

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JBurns
slg888,

Just when I thought we were becoming friends.

$800 ?? Really??

300MAG,

Keep up the good work and you could get employee of the week

Remember that when its Christmas bonus time!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JBurns
$800 ?? Really?
Ya, have you seen the prices on classifieds lately? It takes 3 days & 400 bumps just to get a "I'll take it" anymore. Ask Jeff (300FAG) he is the bump master.

Ok, good buddy.. ole pal, when you taking us Elk hunting?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At this rate we might even have to double your wages!!

Employee of the year gets his very own P105. Give you something to look forward to and put in the extra mile.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,991
Posts18,520,194
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.