Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Relating to another facet of this kind of scam, do NOT log in to your paypal account (or ebay, or facebook, or anything else...) EVER by way of a link that comes in an email. That is no doubt how this scammer was able to get into anyone else's paypal accounts in the first place.

yuk.

Last edited by red_alder_ranch; 09/12/10.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Please do not condemn all of us with a small number of posts that use paypal. When you live is a small town in Iowa and your local small town bank closes at noon everyday and you work full time 15 miles the other direction it is the easiest and most convenient way to do business. I have bought a number of items here and other posts without a hitch but I've never been shy about letting a seller know who I am and where I'm located. People that intentially scam should be procecuted to the full extent of the law!

I miss Paul Harvey.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks for the heads up!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I was damn lucky the second email actually tied to a trusted member on those other boards; otherwise, I would've been screwed with a capital F!

Still kicking myself in the @$$ because I should've known better!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My paypal account was hacked this last Monday. I got 5 emails within about 5 minutes from paypal all in Chinese. The person changed the language, added an email address, sent $15 to himself or somebody else, paypal detected the intrusion and locked my account, and then the $15 was refunded. Google translator helped me read the emails and I figued out how to change the language back and changed my password. I called paypal within an hour and they put me on hold for over an hour and never answered. I called them on Thursday and got somebody helpful who fixed everything. I believe they got my password through a virus my girlfriend put on my computer that her sister's hacked email sent her. I put some stuff up for sale on ebay which had the same password as my paypal account and they got it from that. Fortunately I rarely use that computer to check my email which had a different password which prevented them from taking complete control over the account. Needless to say it scared the crap out of me! Paypal is not a FDIC bank and they can "lock" your account indefinitely but in the end it was just a big hassle.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am big on check or money order transactions. odds are good if they cash the mo/check, they are on camera somewhere. so far I have not had any troubles and made some great contacts here...sorry about your luck.

x2 on the BAD GUY list

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
thanks for the heads up guys...will be watching my account alot closer from now on!!! and will also put on the ignore list.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well done GW,

Thanks

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its best to be cautious,but not all low posters are scammers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just sucked all the money out of my PayPal account. [bleep] that nonsense. After reading this, I've got a low poster that hasn't sent funds yet and a friggin Ebay biatch that says she hasn't received a book yet, after 15 days. For some reason, her Ebay account is closed now. WTF.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use USPS money orders exclusively when buying on the net. Scamming with a money order purchase with a firearm is a Federal offense X's 2.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
frown Stated previously by me. Paypal sucks & its momma E-bay double sucks. grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw that assman uses a g-mail email addy, too...

This is always a clue. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
ignored. thank you GW!!!!

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Why don't we all send him a pm telling him what we think .
I'm going to. Stir the pot dammit.......
Send A message we don't put up with this [bleep].

WarDamnEagle
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
doesn't paypal have some type of insurance for this sort of thing, what if you had paid with a credit card through pay pal, can you dispute the charges with your credit card company??

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Forget getting any satisfaction out of Ripoffpal! They will be little or no help.
You can dispute the charges through your bank, though.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by firearms44
"scary buying from a guy with only 10 post".

We all started at #1 and shouldn't discrimmanate against all newbies. it's good that we stick together and keep each other alerted to possible scammers. I purchased from 2 newbie members who were good guys.

Ken

A good way to build up a post count is to take an active part in board discussions and let us get to know you a bit. Hanging out only in the classified does not necessarly build confidence.
I haven't checked your posts so maybe you do that.
I like to deal with people I feel I know something about, and I can get a feel for them during discussions

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Do not send a dime to Glassman! He's hacked into someone's PayPal account and it's a scam!

Please do not confuse this guy with Gasman!

smile

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Tracks
A good way to build up a post count is to take an active part in board discussions and let us get to know you a bit. Hanging out only in the classified does not necessarly build confidence.I haven't checked your posts so maybe you do that.I like to deal with people I feel I know something about, and I can get a feel for them during discussions
Exactly!

Member's that use this site for there "Ebay, have a hard time understanding what you just said.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.