i'll be by my mailbox waitin on the check!!! grins

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a very comfy chair.grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by triggerguard1

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in your answers, considering how many of your former rifles are wearing the trigger guards I made.

Triggerguard1

As I said before you were claiming to be a supplier of mine and you never were and never will. You have earned the title Jackass

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JBurns
You have earned the title Jackass
The king of all Jackass's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4NjXkbzljs

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet that learning curve sucked too..

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Waders
I noticed that GreyBull Precision is the new sponsor of this forum. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the company. Has anyone used them for anything? Is there a rep here as a member?

Just wondering...

Happy you asked?
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
First shot from a cold clean barrel will be in a group if you shoot another shot or two. It may not be the group you wanted, but a group it will be.

I knew Gale and his brother Pat, both made some good barrels, some of Pat's barrels shot world records, Pat shot some of them himself. All BR shooters will shot a fouler into the sight-er target without fail. Me 2.

Great thread.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stoney, me and my son laughed, thanks for that link.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Triggerguard may ba lot of things, including exceptional machinist, but jackass isn't one of them.

But like somebody said, this whole thread is ridiculous.

I've got nothing against Mr. Burns but BOTW is a show I didn't care for.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by minengr
Wasn't the army still using a fixed 10x on their sniper rifles back in '87? I pretty sure Marine Snipers were using a fixed 10x Unertl from the 80's until 2005? Don't recall them needing side focus or adjustable parallax.

Yes, 10X Leupold M3 Ultra (later renamed Mark IV). One min elevation turret, with range in meters for 7.62 x 51/173gr. 0.5 moa windage knob, and a side focus parallax adjustment. Most of those scopes were still in use when I retired in 03.

Looks like I'm wrong again. Learn something every day.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I noticed that GreyBull Precision is the new sponsor of this forum. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the company. Has anyone used them for anything? Is there a rep here as a member?

Just wondering...

I'm the real representative for Greybull, how can I help you sir?

Next month's special: Buy one Greybull and get a free Swedish massage from 300MAG.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
300MAG,

Stoney is bucking for employee of the year. I would have never imagined he would sell you out for $800.

Plus you gotta supply the rubbing.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

Just wondering...

Happy you asked?
smile

No kidding! Nearly 10 years here on the fire and who would have thought that this would be the longest thread I ever started?!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think Greybull should give me a free rifle for putting them in the spotlight and getting them all this attention! JBurns, just PM me and we can work out the details!

Thanks!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I've long thought you to be a pot stirrer! smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Damn,considering there's no secrets to the fact that you're using a [bleep] B&C stock and leupold optics,why all the secrecy with your barrel manufacturer?What are you using E.R Shaw or factory take offs?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bauer,

Let's see.

EIGHT whole posts on 24HRCF and half of them slamming JBurns?

As far as Bell and Carlson or Leupold building "schitty" products - you need your head examinined.

Bell and Carlosn is capable of building a very fine stock. Winchester, Remington and Weatherby use B&C stocks on some of the best rifles they make.

Their top of the line stocks are as good as anything HS Precision makes- which is the only other US company that uses a comparable build process.

And to call Leupold "[bleep]" truly proves what a ignorant troll you are...

Get a life... wink

Last edited by jim62; 09/16/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
(Jim not directed at you,just responding)

Lots of sniping going on here...and it isn't directed at any 700 yard elk...... smirk

I don't know John Burns or GreyBull Precision from Adam,but I am a bit shocked and surprised by the carping and sniping he has been forced to endure since coming on the CF as a sponsor.

It's ironic that the attacks I see on here are not generally directed at other members of this forum who partake in LR shooting activities, and use the products;nor toward others who seek to sell products or services on here.

They all provide a service available to the members here of a great deal of value that you cpuld search high and low for and never really find.

This is still America......if a guy wants to sell a particular product, build a rifle a certain way,engage in a certain legal activity,he is free to do so.If you don't like it,want to buy something different,don't choose too engage in LR shooting....that's fine.

But I am a bit embarassed at the abuse this guy has taken on here and do not feel it's been justified.I don't go for public lynchings and never have,just because someone happens to disagree with what someone else is saying or doing.

If you are writing Burns a check for one of his rifles you can say anything you want...if not,take your business elsewhere and stop the stupid, needless criticism.

If LR hunting isn't your bag....that's fine ,too. I belong to the same club.......but just because I can't do it,doesn't mean someone else can't.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BobinNH

Very well said.

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (3dtestify, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 13 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.