K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
MT DD FAN,

I think we might accomodate different categories, such as:

1) Any method of taking (including vehicles)
2) Unlimited rifle (any rifle, any sight)
3) Iron sights
4) Bow

I refuse to consider a special category for muzzleloaders, since many are so close to being centerfires these days--unless, of course, I am bribed.

Elk category? I have a raghorn and antless tag, either/both I'm going for the dinkiest... I can bribe with dink meat... just say'n.

Kent

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
dont shot no danged calfs now - at least a 2 yr ole so some of the sinew strands can actually get some meat on them - justa sayin geeze

az

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't have pictures, but does (will) anyone else claim a deer that fits behind the rear seat of a Jeep CJ-7?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh yeah. My lil' dude was CJ-worthy. smile

Mr. Barsness, is there a career achievment award for sad sacks who can provide photographic evidence of lots of DAMN small horns? I'm just.... uh... asking for a friend.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by azcoues
dont shot no danged calfs now - at least a 2 yr ole so some of the sinew strands can actually get some meat on them - justa sayin geeze

az

Calves are good eats... and dinky...

Kent

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Oh yeah. My lil' dude was CJ-worthy. smile

Mr. Barsness, is there a career achievment award for sad sacks who can provide photographic evidence of lots of DAMN small horns? I'm just.... uh... asking for a friend.

but did you pick it up with one hand, while the other was giving your buddies the finger????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
so, to classify for a dink are we looking at headgear or body weight?

last deer i got had a decent rack compared to some of the ones pictured, but it was only 58 pounds dressed out.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ironeagle_84; 09/24/10.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Hmmm, there's some serious dinker's here.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can seriously win this... The season doesn't even start here til the first weekend in November...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And NO photos of the hunter well in front of the dink deer, especially taken with a wide-angle lens. We have all seen the effect of standing well behind the deer in hunting magazine shots, which used to be called the PHP ("Petersen's Hunting pose"), in order to exaggerate the size of the antlers. The hunter must be pretty much beside the deer, or be subject to a Lee24 BS allowance.

Ah, you mean no Reverse Craig Boddington photos allowed! I think he is the acknowledged master of the "hunter 20 yards behind the dead critter" picture... wink

[Linked Image]

John

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
The time has come to enter this years Dinkothon sponsored by Ingwe.

If you know where a dink is hiding, throw your name in the hat.

At the end of the season the winner will be immortalized here on the 24Hr.Campfire and will recieve the coveted title of

2010 Grand Poohbah Of Dinks

JM

I'd love to participate, but I enrolled in Sensitivity Training this morning... grin

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oh, come on Seafire...

A reduced load with Blue Dot in the .223..

And a Mini-deer...

Match made in heaven! grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
In answer to some posts:

I think we should limit the contest to deer-only, as otherwise we will be dinking around with a whole menagerie of tiny animals, including bear cubs.

Ironeagle, please look at the rules a few posts before your question. They plainly state that weight will be a consideration, as long as your own height and weight are revealed and you're posed correctly next to your dink. The photo you posted is perfect for that purpose.

What do people think about allowing sub-categories for deer taken where there's a minimum legal tine-count?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Oh well, leaves me and my trash talk out this year, no dink deer tag. Maybe next year.

I'm pulling for my buddy Ingwe... kinda like the Arnold Palmer of dinkdom... so much history and tradition.

Kent

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by krp

I'm pulling for my buddy Ingwe... kinda like the Arnold Palmer of dinkdom... so much history and tradition.

Kent

Kent, that kind of show of support leaves me all chokey..( sniff, sniff...)

Thanks dude...really...... grin

As for a sub-category for those in antler restriction areas...I say do the best with what you have to work with.....if it is a four point restriction...then just state that when you post your pic...

Oh.....and Scenarshooter can completely forget about entering..... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There has to be a sub-categorie for those us with those damn point restrictions. I plan on winning the 4 points on one side division... grin

Dink

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DINK
There has to be a sub-categorie for those us with those damn point restrictions. I plan on winning the 4 points on one side division... grin

Dink

never thats my sub class. i could be shooting at a 160 class deer and miss it and hit the dink 20 yards away from it. thats my luck

FJB
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In answer to some posts:
What do people think about allowing sub-categories for deer taken where there's a minimum legal tine-count?

Originally Posted by DINK
Dink

I've pondered this since this thread started. Coming up with an equitable solution could get complicated - multiple categories to be judged for the entry that is closest to the respective minimum legal buck.

Also, I want to confirm that no one gets favorable consideration just because they have a screen name particularly suited to this contest! What safeguards are in place to assure the independence of the judging authority??

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
No safeguards at all. The entire contest is subject to whims and corruption.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No safeguards at all. The entire contest is subject to whims and corruption.

In that case let's go back to your four types of kills; Does number one have to be killed by my vehicle, or can I use someone else's vehicle (I'm trying to avoid the use of the word roadkill here)?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1100mag, 160user, 02bfishn, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 15,744 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,207
Posts18,543,655
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.