Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Out of the mouths of babes�..

Due to some rather unfortunate circumstances I took what I would learn over the coarse of the weekend will become a step-nephew of mine to a family reunion/camping trip.

This kid is 8 years old and had never seen me in his life. After a brief introduction his mom and my brother had to take off to deal with another sibling who had been in a car wreck on the diagonal corner of the state. We went to this campout with a huge number of unknowns to him and he hit the ground running and never missed a beat.

Our weekend started with him walking up to me while offering his hand and stating,
�Hello Joe, it is good to finally meet the legend.�
I have no clue where this came from and just kind of blew it off as a spirited kid having some fun with a fat old guy, little knowing that this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Some more of the priceless gems out of this walking prodigy�s mouth:

1.) While strolling across the campground carrying a piece of chicken he was accosted by a typical group of blue haired, cheek pinching �old aunt� types. When asked what he had in hand he simply replied �Wing.�
When asked if it was good his straight-forward reply was �Hooter�s makes better.�

2.) Looking across the campground he looked up at me and asked � Do I really have to be related to all of these people?�
That was the first of many clues given that there are
wedding bells in the future for my younger brother.
And that this young guy and I have a lot of common
viewpoints.

3.) I�ll copy this post to my brother �K� via e-mail so he�ll
enjoy this one:
Young S. looked me in the eye and asked, �If you are
really older than �K� why is he twice your size?�
A bit of an exaggeration, me being 6�1� and 220, �K� being
probably 6�5� and a few more (tens) of pounds larger.

4.) Young �S� kept razzing my recently turned 40 y/o niece
about being 43. I made some meaningless complimentary
comment about her age and she turned to young �S.� and said
something to the effect of �See, that's how a gentleman
discusses a womans age.�
Once again young �S.� never missed a beat by stating,
�Yeah, but he�s a pro and had lots of practice, I�m just
getting started at this.�

5.) Young �S.� asked me where my wife was at. I casually
stated something like, �well, she�s not here.�
Young �S.� took that in and then stated, �Well if you�re
looking for another one I�d start at Hooter�s. They got some
great ones there. Then, if you don�t find what you want
there then you ought to check at the pool, there are some
nice ones there, too. But if that didn�t work, I�d head to
the beach, that is where the really great ones hang out!�

First off, just what attribute(s) of a woman do you think this kid is referring to when giving advice on where the �great� ones �hang out� at?
And what about this intimate knowledge of Hooter�s? I know my younger brother and the last place he is taking an 8 year-old, especially an obviously advanced one, is to Hooter�s.

I awoke in a dark tent to the sounds of two women cackling like hen�s in a tent some 20 or 30 yards away. To my horror, I realized that these cackles were coming from my niece and sister. Then I remembered that I�d been warned that young �S.� wakes every morning at 4:30 and I also remembered that he had crashed in their tent.
I have no clue what he was saying to these women but the cackling went on for hours.

I know my sides hurt this AM. What a kid.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call him Steelie.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
Call him Steelie II.

Fixed it for you.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I've seen pic's of Steelie on here. Not real tall, crew cut, fit. Something like that?

Sounds something like this kid. Short, real dark complexion with his dark hair in a very short crew cut. Obviously shows signs of future buffness. And obviously shows signs of no future inhibitions!

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
ROFLMAO! those were great! laugh

maddog

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1badf350, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,294
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.