Print Thread
Hop To
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hello everyone:
<br>
<br>Remember what I said about seamless integration?
<br>
<br>Well ... it seems our former hosting company (hereinafter referred to as "Those Dirty SOB's" (hereinafter referred to a TDSOBS)) had other plans.
<br>
<br>So I'm getting this new site ready, configuring this new software (we'll get to that), and generally pretty well on my way to achieving seamless integration, when, oh [bleep], the regular Campfire goes down. I'm talking website, email, everything. What gives?
<br>
<br>So I immediately get on the horn and spend the next few hours alternating between being on hold, talking to a clueless level one "technical support representative," getting transferred, back on hold, repeat endlessly. TDSOB's!
<br>
<br>At the end of Day 1, the best info I have is that the server is down, that inclement weather in ATLANTA has my friendly folks at Interland low on resources, and I should be up by morning. TDSOB's!
<br>
<br>Next day, no up. I spend another 4-5 hours playing tag transfer with the same bunch of yahoos as the day before, before finally, someone has a brain fart and actually gives me the direct cell phone number of a honcho who is supposedly not in the office because of bad weather. I wouldn't count on a promotion just yet, bud. TDSOB's.
<br>
<br>I get this dude on the phone, and he says all systems should be up and running. I point out to him the inaccuracy of that statement in light of my call, and my having been down for, oh, a WHOLE DAY! He calls around and around (apparently, even THEY have to play the tag game), and get THIS:
<br>
<br>It seems that we were turned off for "server abuse," which can be anything, but in this case referred to a claim that we somehow exceeded a "daily bandwidth limit" which was affecting everyone on the server. To boot, because of the bad storm in Atlanta, there would be no one in the office to fix it until this morning!
<br>
<br>I swear, if TDSOB had been within ten miles of me, I would have driven over and punched his teeth through the back of his head. My contract with them has NO bandwidth limitation, either daily or monthly. In addition, when a website starts getting so hot that they are pulling resources, it's customary to let them upgrade their package to fit growth. It's to everyone's benefit for a website to grow! You never, ever, pull the plug out of the blue. TDSOB's.
<br>
<br>Well, to make a longer story, shorter, the bottom line is that I think these folks got wind of my contracting with a new company, and tried pulling the plug on me early.
<br>
<br>Screw them.
<br>
<br>Don't mind the hardhats and sounds of power equipment around here the next few days, folks. This place wasn't quite ready, but we're moving in. Interland can ...... well, I guess I've been indelicate enough already.
<br>
<br>More to come.
<br>
<br>Rick
<br>
<br>

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't hold back. If you're angry, say so.
<br>
<br>2D

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sic Tex on 'em. That'll fix TDSOBS!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you made a good plan, but you got stabbed in the back. Well it is there lose not yours. Thanks for being up front with us all Rich...
<br>
<br>This new one is not as cozy as the last, but considuring what was 'dumped' on you I am sure most if not all of us will give the time to work things out right. Just keep us in the loop, so we know you have not forgotten us.
<br>
<br>I doubt there is much any of us can do to help you, but, if there is do not be shy in asking.

..pick..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rick, i'm just thankfull that they weren't closer to you or we would be taking up a collection for your bail .

Hunt smart, hunt safe
IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I hope you tell EVERYBODY about the "great" service you got from those TDSOBS ! Odviously a violation of your contract. WADERS !!! Where art thou ! E

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This looks fine to me! I'll bet it will be comfortable enough when we all get used to it!!
<br>
<br>Thanks Rick
<br>
<br>Bill

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick,
<br>
<br>I was pulling my hair out(if I had any!),trying to figure out how to drive this damn thing.
<br>
<br>FINALLY,I figured I needed to Log-in. With that,I could arrange things how they suit me best.
<br>
<br>With that being said,I notice a couple very positive things. One,this thing hauls SERIOUS azz! Waaaaay better for me,everything is soooo much faster to load. Second,the various added gizmo-features are gonna come in handy.
<br>
<br>Though things didn't go the way you pictured,she'll all work out. You're the man. Thanks..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Were cooking now. The mighty Stick is here ! E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks for the info Rick. I think this will work fine. It reads easy for me.

Rick

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well it's fixed I guess. I don't know what some of the things on my control panel mean.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
DUDE !!!!
<br>
<br>This place rocks! So much faster!
<br>
<br>Heck the place needs a coat of paint and some picutures hung, but hey it reminds me of my old batchelor pad. smile
<br>
<br>I was worried that my puter was acting up, couldn't find the campfire! I was getting cold, and having withdrawl symptoms!
<br>
<br>Quick! somebody tell me the 270 is better than the 30-06. I need a fix!

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Way to go Rick! I'm still fumblin round here trying to get orientated, but its definately faster. Thumbs up to the change. Cowman

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why the 30-06 is and always shall be supreme.
<br>There that should get ya going![Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 270 is better than the 30.06
<br>[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Feels more like home already, HA!

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick - Thanks for all the time and energy, it's looking good!

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (1badf350, 264mag, 163bc, 257 mag, 10ring1, 2500HD, 40 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,335
Posts18,506,048
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.