Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemesis
Six pages of bullschit from people who know absolutely nothing of what they speak.........

The Butt Out Tool is one of the best hunting gadgets to hit the market in years.

They are VERY EFFECTIVE and simple to use.

I gotta agree with Nemisis on this one. I was dressing out a doe a couple years ago and a fellow campfire member said "here try this" I laughed and he said someone had given it to him as a Christmas gift so why not try it??? So I said WTF and tried it. It worked like a charm!!! I haven't bought one and don't carry one myself but can attest to the fact that they work and work well in mere seconds!! 163bc

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The trick to it?
is getting them to hold still for it!

For wimens, I find conkin 'em on the noggin usually works.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I agree that it works but after I was gifted a "NAP zip saw", I never needed the BO tool again. Talk about a dream piece of field equipment. That tool works like a good dream.

Last edited by isaac; 10/16/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
This is a funny thread.

I like the PETA gift idea. They are soooo anal retentive, what do they need an a-hole for anyway??? Nothing wrong with a good knife.... So why not re-gift if you happen do receive one of these contraptions. Who says we're not the giving type??

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
There ya have it. I now know that the Butt-Out works by pulling a bit of the intestine out beyond the actual sphincter (butt hole o-ring). Then sever the intestine, then pull the intestine back into the body cavity, then dump the guts out as usual.

I have a small very sharp hand ax that I use to chop through the pelvic bone, then cut around the butt-hole. I've seen those saw things Issac refers to.

Thanks for all the other interesting suggestions & comments for the Butt-Out applications. I might buy one just to throw in the pool of White Elephant gifts for my department at works Christmas gift exchange smile

GOA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pruning shears (hand size ) work just fine on that thin pelvic bone.
Use just like scissors.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Ok. I watched the video. I repeated the steps in my head.

But It still will not work on a squirrel. No matter how hard I insert it in the squirrel. grin

You didn't read the manual. To use on squirrels & other small game, simply wrap the animal with duct tape first. Preferably BLUE duct tape.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Pruning shears (hand size ) work just fine on that thin pelvic bone.
Use just like scissors.

Wtx, THAT is a great suggestion!

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a number of ways to sort out the rear end (can't really say that without a double entendre! grin ) and much comes down to personal preference and circumstances.

If you have to drag the carcass out for any distance, it�s best not open up the rear end any more than absolutely necessary, as you're exposing prime cuts of meat in the haunches to possible contamination.

About the easiest way to minimise the amount of meat exposed is to remove just the green gralloch, ie the stomach and intestines ect and leave everything above the diaphragm..

At the other end, reach into the body cavity and feel for the �exit pipe� and run your fingers along it to �draw back� any pellets and then cut, leaving the anus and bladder in place...The cut pipe work can be closed off with a small cable tie first which avoids any missed pellets falling back into the body cavity..

Once the carcass is back to a more hygienic location, the penis, bladder and anus can be removed and the pelvis split..

Some folks split the pelvis firstto do this and others start by removing the bladder ect to avoid bursting it...

For some reason, dealing with the back end seems to cause my people lots of problems (more double entendres�! grin ) and while it can be certainly tricky on our small Muntjac, on Roe and anything bigger, it should be fairly straight forward.

I suspect the real problem is that many hunters only take one or two deer a year and simply don�t get the practice. Its quite common to see a person especiallt a novice "step back" and let somebody else gralloch their deer, but they never really learn that way...

Last edited by Pete E; 10/18/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TooDogs
I now know that the Butt-Out works by pulling a bit of the intestine out beyond the actual sphincter (butt hole o-ring). Then sever the intestine, then pull the intestine back into the body cavity, then dump the guts out as usual.

Trouble is that you risk shedding a fair few pellets inside the body cavity as you draw the pipe back through...a small cable tie placed on the pipe before the cut reduces that risk greatly..

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
exactly, chitt in the meat. Someone gave me one, I watched a friend try to use it on his deer, I threw it away. The Tax Man renaming will be appropriate after King Mohamed Hussein Obama lets the Bush Tax cuts expire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Write to Barney Frank's boy friend. I'm sure he's an expert.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
Originally Posted by KSMITH
The bigger question is, wouldn't you have to cut the azzhole off the tool once the azzhole is removed???

I was reading another thread, and have concluded that you can use a pressure washer to blow the chitt of the Butt-out tool. I recommend hunting only near water sources for that reason.

That's why they need to develop the Butt-Out condom.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.