-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only read half the thread, so please pardon if somebody said this already.

A few points. Obama WILL be the Dem nominee unless some dickweasel assassinates him. Get real. The Dems are not above sacrificing one of their own for the good of the "cause". Sorry about the tinfoil stuff. Palin's greatest challenge will be overcoming the Republican machine she seems so desperately to want to be a part of. If they don't destroy her in the primaries, she could beat Obama today. Third, the economy ain't currently tanking. It is slowly gaining. There are lots of people out of work though, and that ain't getting better. They vote. If the economy keeps coming around or even gains a bit more momentum, then the election will turn probably not on who the Reps run against the National Lawn Jockey, but on which party is able to steal the credit from the other for the perceived turnaround. This is assuming the Reps make a significant gain in tomorrow's elections.

I'm not sure Palin would make a good President. I think she would definitely be successful as a VP. This latter has nothing to do with the original question though.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Palin's negatives are too high to win high federal office. Much more so than when she was running with McCain. Sorry.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Palin's negatives are too high to win high federal office. Much more so than when she was running with McCain. Sorry.
GFY. Sorry, not sorry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Put not yer treasure, where moth nor rust can decay..

Don't put yer eggs in a bad basket.

She's an energy sink. A very bad idea.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Put not yer treasure, where moth nor rust can decay..

Don't put yer eggs in a bad basket.

She's an energy sink. A very bad idea.

You mean kind of like you did voting for Obama?

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You voted for Obama. By definition, you are either an idiot or a traitor. Which is it?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Aside from hunting today,the excitement of today's elections has me unable to sleep,as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by isaac
Aside from hunting today,the excitement of today's elections has me unable to sleep,as well.

Yep, I think it is safe to say, that Nancy Pelosi is soon going to be OUT OF A JOB (as Speaker of the House), by tomorrow evening..

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And your "negatives" here on the Campfire are so high that your posts should be flagged with a **dumb [bleep]** symbol to alert members to use caution before reading them.

If ya' wanna' see "negatives".........watch what happens to your liberal, Obama loving, Democraps today.

You schithead!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Palin's greatest challenge will be overcoming the Republican machine she seems so desperately to want to be a part of. If they don't destroy her in the primaries, she could beat Obama today.

What orifice did you pull this from?

Palin wants to be part of the machine that wants to destroy her?

LMAO!

All American

All the time
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I would not want to see Mrs Palin nominated and would would work to see that she does not get the nomination. This is not to say that I do not agree with many of her political opinions and if nominated I would vote for her.

Simply put she is much more valuable to the Conservative cause as a talking head. And she would have no chance of defeating any Democrat. She would make an excellent DNC Chair.

I believe I offered this bet before with no takers:

$100.00 says she does not seek the nomination.
$100.00 says if she does run she will not be nominated.
$100.00 says that if she does run she will not be elected.

These bets are for the 2012 US Presidential election. This is an all or nothing deal you must take all the bets. Settlement will be after the results of the 2012 Presidential election are certfied.

Any takers?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The whole thing is conflicted. There are those in the Rep party who want to embrace her and her popularity and use her/it. She is conforming enough to the mainstream to satisfy a lot of the movers and shakers. She is "mavericky" enough to scare some of the other movers and shakers. I don't think you'll get past the primaries without some heavy-duty support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think she hammers the old boys that are gonna run for President....unless we get new blood (Christie) Palin is in the hunt. Despite what the Roves/Lotts have to say, she ain't one of them.

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stan V
I think she hammers the old boys that are gonna run for President....unless we get new blood (Christie) Palin is in the hunt. Despite what the Roves/Lotts have to say, she ain't one of them.
I agree she is in the hunt, but so are a lot of people, and a true conservative, of which she is kind of...has the deck stacked against him/her at the primary level. My point is that should she run, I think she has a much better chance in the general election than she does in the primaries. If she can get past them, she would beat the Muslim at this point. Who knows what will happen in two years though. Look at Bush I's approval rating a scant year before The First Black President beat him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would vote for Palin over any of the usual Rep suspects that I have heard floated.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

She would be foolish to enter any primary. She rose from obscurity 2+ years ago to a level of wealth and notoriety few ever obtain.

She can ride that horse for quite awhile longer further enriching herself and enjoying the adulation of her claque. Also she will be providing a valuable service to the Conservative cause.

You go girl!

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It takes a rare person to resist the siren call of the Presidency if it is within their grasp, or seemingly so.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I would vote for Palin over any of the usual Rep suspects that I have heard floated.

me 2

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
She will not run!!Make 20 times the cash with the speech thing .Why you think she quit the other job? Cash!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I would not want to see Mrs Palin nominated and would would work to see that she does not get the nomination. This is not to say that I do not agree with many of her political opinions and if nominated I would vote for her.

Simply put she is much more valuable to the Conservative cause as a talking head. And she would have no chance of defeating any Democrat. She would make an excellent DNC Chair.

I believe I offered this bet before with no takers:

$100.00 says she does not seek the nomination.
$100.00 says if she does run she will not be nominated.
$100.00 says that if she does run she will not be elected.

These bets are for the 2012 US Presidential election. This is an all or nothing deal you must take all the bets. Settlement will be after the results of the 2012 Presidential election are certfied.

Any takers?

She might wait til 2016.
I'd take your bet but I alraeady have a similar one with Trips.

BTW, where is Trips? Anybody seen him last few days?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.