Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I only read half the thread, so please pardon if somebody said this already.

A few points. Obama WILL be the Dem nominee unless some dickweasel assassinates him. Get real. The Dems are not above sacrificing one of their own for the good of the "cause". Sorry about the tinfoil stuff. Palin's greatest challenge will be overcoming the Republican machine she seems so desperately to want to be a part of. If they don't destroy her in the primaries, she could beat Obama today. Third, the economy ain't currently tanking. It is slowly gaining. There are lots of people out of work though, and that ain't getting better. They vote. If the economy keeps coming around or even gains a bit more momentum, then the election will turn probably not on who the Reps run against the National Lawn Jockey, but on which party is able to steal the credit from the other for the perceived turnaround. This is assuming the Reps make a significant gain in tomorrow's elections.

I'm not sure Palin would make a good President. I think she would definitely be successful as a VP. This latter has nothing to do with the original question though.

The original question posed is that IF Sarah gets the nomination.

I posted this in the first half of the thread:

Let Sarah throw her huntin� cap in the ring.
She is always speechifying that primaries and elections are about competition and the cream rising to the Top.

So let Sarah Sledgehammer go for it.
Don�t tell me she hasn�t paid her dues-several times over.

Let her put her Baggage up against Mittens Romneycare, Uncle Newt�s ex-wives, Rev.-I mean Gov. Huck�s tax record and so on.

Her ideas against their ideas at the so-called debates.

And her core values against�.never mind-she wins that one-hands down.

And later I asked why so many on this thread don�t want Sarah to even try.
Are they afraid that their own Hero will lose to her?
I see no reason that the Little OL� Hockey Mom from Wasilla should step outa the Ring and forfeit the fight with the record she has.

And that includes her record on tearing up the Republican Machine-she could care less.
Sarah is fearless and will take anyone-any Machine that doesn�t hold with her core values.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I would not want to see Mrs Palin nominated and would would work to see that she does not get the nomination. This is not to say that I do not agree with many of her political opinions and if nominated I would vote for her.

Simply put she is much more valuable to the Conservative cause as a talking head. And she would have no chance of defeating any Democrat. She would make an excellent DNC Chair.

I believe I offered this bet before with no takers:

$100.00 says she does not seek the nomination.
$100.00 says if she does run she will not be nominated.
$100.00 says that if she does run she will not be elected.

These bets are for the 2012 US Presidential election. This is an all or nothing deal you must take all the bets. Settlement will be after the results of the 2012 Presidential election are certfied.

Any takers?

She might wait til 2016.
I'd take your bet but I alraeady have a similar one with Trips.

BTW, where is Trips? Anybody seen him last few days?

2016 is too far out to even guess but if she is in the hunt I'd give her consideration. By that time she should have many millions to spend on a campaign.

If she is really serious about a Presidential bid she must run and get elected to some national office in some state and complete her term with a strong Conservative record.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama is NOT going to be easy to knock off in 2012. Even if Obama was impeached and convicted he would get the nomination and win. We all know that Obama is an illegal president and he is still president.

It will take an extraordinary extra special Republican to knock off Obama in 2012 and I don't see one on the horizon.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'll say again, I believe little o will have NO limelight left by the time the dem nomination process begins and he'll quietly slink off into the shadows. The exceeding greatness of his nothingness will surely have fully manifested by then.

If that happens Team D will put up the beasty bitch and I wouldn't be surprised if Team R answers with the lovely Alaskan mama griz.

It's a very real possibility.

I agree Spano, I'd like to see Sarah with more experience but not sure it's really necessary. She's a freight train gaining momentum daily. At the same time the liberal left and lefty media loose momentum daily. Teeter totter effect. Up, up, up she goes.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

I'll say again, I believe little o will have NO limelight left by the time the dem nomination process begins and he'll quietly slink off into the shadows. The exceeding greatness of his nothingness will surely have fully manifested by then.

If that happens Team D will put up the beasty bitch and I wouldn't be surprised if Team R answers with the lovely Alaskan mama griz.

I agree Spano, I'd like to see Sarah with more experience but not sure it's really necessary. She's a freight train gaining momentum daily. At the same time the liberal left and lefty media loose momentum daily. Teeter totter effect. Up, up, up she goes.

Optimism, hopefully, will get you everything.

Me, I'm a firm believer that Murphy was an optimist.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can Palin beat Obama in 2012 if she gets the nomination?

Asking NOW how qualified someone WILL BE LATER is a lot like the guy asking the doctor �

"Will I be able to play the piano when you get this cast off my arm?"

"Yes, of course you can."

"Great! I never could before!"

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I would not want to see Mrs Palin nominated and would would work to see that she does not get the nomination. This is not to say that I do not agree with many of her political opinions and if nominated I would vote for her.

Yeah Spanky..........we got ya' the first thousand times you said it!!

BTW, what happened to adressing Sarah Palin as "perky"?

Did you finally wake up and realize how trite that was begining to sound?

Now all you have to do is comprehend what Sarah Palin stands for and realize that it has little or nothing to do with winning a stupid election.

It's all about flushing all the stiff necked, inside the beltway, handshake across the asile, RINOS out of the system and allowing a starry eyed, dyed in the wool Conservative with middle American values like Sarah Palin represent our party for once.

As someone once said........no matter how many times the Democrats got their azz kicked, they continued to run far left liberals for office until they finally got one elected to the Presidency.

Why shouldn't we do the same with Conservatives??

And for that matter, why shouldn't we do the same with "Mrs. Palin"???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure she can, the left is doing what they are doing to her because she can. She has to be gotten rid off. As for Lt.Col West, I have no problem voting for him in a NYC second. And yea I have no problem putting a gun to terrorist heads, and I would go one further on that the trigger will be pulled. The left tells us which one of our guys they fear and then take out, just look at what happened to George Allen. Now if there was real justice, Lt. Col West would not be running for congress, he would be a Lt. General now running the War in Afghanistan and he would be crushing the enemy. But he is running for Congress and with luck will be in the Congress you don't always get every thing you want.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Palin's negatives are too high to win high federal office. Much more so than when she was running with McCain. Sorry.

LOL there just too high for a closet lefty to not try to make them a real issue.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Simply put she is much more valuable to the Conservative cause as a talking head. And she would have no chance of defeating any Democrat. She would make an excellent DNC Chair.

I believe I offered this bet before with no takers:

$100.00 says she does not seek the nomination.
$100.00 says if she does run she will not be nominated.
$100.00 says that if she does run she will not be elected.

These bets are for the 2012 US Presidential election. This is an all or nothing deal you must take all the bets. Settlement will be after the results of the 2012 Presidential election are certfied.

Any takers?

I hope not.
The first $100 is OK maybe 50:50 maybe even more in my favor betting on Palin.
The second $100 is a sucker bet-if there are 10 candidates-there are 9 ways you can win and only one way I can win.
To bet the third $100 I have to bet against the incumbent-what odds are you giving?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Alternate question � just as logical to ask �

Will Obama be the Demo'rat candidate for President in 2012?

and

� Will Guy Neuheyer be the CEO of GM in 20???

� Will Newly Bourne graduate summa cvm laude from Harvard twenty-two years after the midwife whacks him on his butt?

� Will Bridy Sweet divorce Manly Justmet ten years after he shoves his ring onto her finger?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by derby_dude

It will take an extraordinary extra special Republican to knock off Obama in 2012 and I don't see one on the horizon.

I do; Lieutenant Colonel Allen West. He would take at least 50% or more of the 'hope/change' idiot vote from Barry.
The question is, will he run, and will the party back him?
This nation deserved someone like West as our first black president, not what we wound up with.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The chances that Palin will run for anything are small. She is doing a great job running around the country fanning the flames of fear and hate, damn fine cheerleader!

The other problem with her running and getting elected for anything is she would have to stay in one spot and do her job. Fat chance of that happening! All of the noise coming from Palin is just noise with out any solutions or the fortitude to work hard enough at a issue long enough to see it through. Sarah has a short attention span.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Don't you mean the Alaskan Sow? No such think as a mama griz.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
She sure dismembered your democrats though. That makes her a saint in my book lol

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Yes she did! I still think she did a great job for her first 12-15 months and then she got star struck and lost her back bone. But she sure made lots of money! She likes her cash way too much to run.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is there a tear in your beer grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
You voted for Obama. By definition, you are either an idiot or a traitor. Which is it?

He's a "Burner",...that's all,.....

Check out how "Party Line" and Predictable Mama Griz REALLY is

Go Tom.

Oh JO,....eat chit, wash your mouth out with a Glock

Thanks,

GTC

Sarah Sticks Her Neck Out
Once Again, Principle Before Party

ABC News -- November 1

Sarah Palin Endorses Third Party Gubernatorial Candidate Tom Tancredo

Sarah Palin has once again bucked the Republican party and endorsed Tom Tancredo, the former GOP congressman-turned-American Constitution Party candidate who earned the ire of the establishment by waging his own third party campaign.
Palin taped a recorded message for Tancredo, though she didn't endorse him on Facebook and Twitter, as she normally does.
"Tom is the right man for the job and he'll fight for lower taxes," Palin said. "He'll stop growing government and start growing the economy, and we know he'll continue to work to end illegal immigration."
Listen to the recording HERE.
Tancredo has also been endorsed by another Republican, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota.
The former congressman has made immigration the central feature of his campaign, arguing for tougher measures against illegal immigration and an Arizona-style law.
Republicans blame him for splitting the vote and tampering the chances of GOP candidate Dan Maes, who refused to drop out of the race despite Tancredo's repeated calls.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Is there a tear in your beer grin

Fart,....in his head

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Don't you mean the Alaskan Sow? No such think as a mama griz.

Are you sure that is what you think?
Some think half the adult grizz in Alaska are Mama grizz.
That�s what I think too.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, Aero, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 14 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,676
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.