Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take care over there my friend

Best Regards

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for your service RAS.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stay the course and return safe. Thanks.

Shortgrub

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Did the LLBean PC case work for you?

Jeff

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Stay safe, watch your back, and have a safe return home!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Stay safe RAS...Hope you get home soon...

Thank's for your service to our country...

Joe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
May God keep you from harms way. Thank you for your sacrifices to keep our freedoms.

Mike

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the kind words and good advice. Yes, it is getting cooler here. It will not be long before it gets cold. I can handle cold, but hate the heat so all the better for me. I grew up in Michigan so it is expected. Anyways, I am doing what I was sent here to do and it is rewarding service. I miss my family and friends greatly but I have my family of Marines here with me to keep me company.

The place here generally stinks and is disgusting, but that is most of the places I have been in the world, including Detroit. There isnt a single piece of plant life around here. You have to be miserable to live here really. If I dont catch up with you guys for awhile, have a great hunting season and Thanksgiving.

All the best,
Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jeff, my son is a Marine at Camp Leatherneck, so I know something about what you're talking about--he refers to it as "Crapghanistan." Makes Fort Irwin seem like a rain forest....

Just come home in one piece and congratulate yourself on having done your duty to your country and your unit. Remember we think about you guys every day and are proud of ALL of you.

Mike Armstrong

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Jeff as one veteran to an active duty brother . I am proud of you and all the young folks who serve our country.Be safe .Tom

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sooner
Jeff as one veteran to an active duty brother . I am proud of you and all the young folks who serve our country.Be safe .Tom

+1. I was just watching a canned deer hunt on one of the outdoor channels. All disabled veterans of different degrees. Really it was sad to watch because instead of a country of heros now we are a country of cowards. Thank you, Ras, for being one of the heros. You don;t have to do ANYTHING special, just being there makes you a hero. You're a good man!!! I am proud of you.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff,

Is there anything that you or your family of Marines want/need and can't get through regular channels? If so, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff-I was thinking the same thing as 260. Glad he brought it up. What do you or your family need? Give us some forwarding information and let us do the rest. I'm thinking there's a bunch of guys here that would be more than willing to help out. 'Goes for the family too-phone cards? Personal stuff? Why don't you send us a list and just consider it done.

Thanks for keeping us safe and free.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Best Regards,

GG

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
CG and 260,

That is a great idea! I dont need much but the 46 Marines that are here serving with me could use a thing or two. A few of them dont have much and with the holidays rolling around, could be a morale boost. I will send you a PM and we will work out the details.

Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would be happy to help out as well. Let me know what I can do. Be safe over there Jeff, and many thanks for all that you guys do over there to keep it safe here.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used to send Jerky to my gf's son in Iraq, from a place called Oscar's. He said it was damn good. Be safe.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be careful over there RAS. Thanks for your service and Semper Fi!

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
A
A
RAS, I'm new to the forum so I don't know you, but I'd like to thank you for your service. After doing 28 yrs I retired last yr & I would have done a couple more if they'd let me. When I was in Pakistan shortly after 9-11 a young troop of mine asked me how I handled it because he never heard me complaining like most of the others. I told him I just think of it as a long camping trip with lousy food & scenery, & I always remember there are other U.S. servicemen out there that are in a worse place than we are. Thanks & come home safe.

Jerry

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Jeff, Although we do not know each other, this forum seems to bring us all closer. Be safe and know your service is very much appreciated by all. Larry

"Living is hazardous to your health..."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Take care RAS in hope your with us soon

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (10gaugemag, 14idaho, 16gage, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,989
Posts18,481,059
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.