-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not about safety, or helmets. It's about power, and governmental intrusion.

Feel free to launch informational, or persuasive efforts. Don't ever think that equates to having the authority to tell folks how to live.

NO. HELL NO. (I don't ride anymore).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
You want to really save a lot more lives-make everyone riding in cars wear them-ask any race car driver.

This is where the do-gooders usually shut up and go away.

I've been tellling people it's coming for several years now. A few enterprising enterpreneuers have even designed car specific helmets (motorocycle helmets just won't do because of the limited headspace in cars).

Kiss free choice goodbye! It's for your own good!

44henry

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
The thing about freedom is, you don't necessarily have the right to impose the cost of your freedom unilaterally upon others.

Unless you're a multi-millionaire, which I seriously doubt, I can guarantee that somewhere behind the scenes someone is partially bearing the cost of your freedom, and I ain't talking about insurance.

Freedom ain't free. Why are people unable to comprehend that. There are gobs of things that "someone else" helps finance in order for you to be free to make the decisions to do what you want.

I think it's fairly well established that helmits are a good idea. They save lives. And yes, citizens do help pay the medical costs of some riders who wreck and are not wearing a helmit. Those are simple facts. Period. But it's also a simple fact that banning and truly confiscating every gun in the country would save lives too. An intelligent person would see these two things are one and the same. It's very simple logic. Why can't people see that? The answer to this is also quite simple. 1. They have the "it doesn't affect me mindset." 2. The experiences they have had with friends and family wrecking have illicited and emotional responce to impose their "feelings" upon someone elses life and freedom. Sounds kind of like Sarah Brady doesn't it?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by dave7mm
I get pissed off thinking about paying for 30 years worth of diaper changes for some tard, that isnt smart enough to wear a lid.
dave

And I get pissed off thinking about paying for bypass surgeries and heart transplants for some tard who can't keep himself away from the buffet line.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Many on this site have posted pictures showing themselves. Pictures don't lie, lots of you guys are WAY overweight. Why should I have to help pay for you future medical costs because you won't take care of yourself. Heck, how many on here are overweight and short of breath who have had heart attacks, strokes, and/or bypass surgeries? I guaran-damn-tee you that you didn't bear the full costs of these treatments. Is that fair? Is it fair that I should have to help pay for your doctor bills when you can't stop shovelling in the food or get a little exercise? Hell noit's not.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only thing more stupid than not wearing a helment while you ride is a law requiring you to wear a helment while you ride.
What a pathetic lot we have become. Do we really need the federal government to legislate common sense? Think about the irony there for a minute ...

FYI - Far away the NUMBER ONE cause of motorcycle accidents (including fatalities) is a CAR turning LEFT in the path of an oncoming motorcycle. The single vehicle (motorcyle only) accidents where some idiot straightens out a curve doing triple digit speeds on a crouch rocket is of no concern to me. Glad they went on to meet their maker doing what they love I guess. Sure sucks for those they left behind.
30 years riding experience here. All of it, thank God, vertical. Recently sold my last bike and bikeless for the first time in my adult life. Having a kid, changes things (for the better).

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Mako25
It's not about safety, or helmets. It's about power, and governmental intrusion.

Feel free to launch informational, or persuasive efforts. Don't ever think that equates to having the authority to tell folks how to live.

Add to that revenue dollars from any source.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 35, 16 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.