Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
So-there are some other things in your post I don�t understand.

If Governor Palin is writing all those Ed-Op columns about foreign policy and everything else for the WSJ and others�and the Editors all say she is writing the gist of it herself�with less professional writing help than most of the politicians that appear under their banner�did you read about Sarah�s speech in Hong Kong last year?

Why is Sarah the one not ready and needs on-the-job training?
Show me a contender that is more ready and please show me why you think so.

Is your head so deep in the sand as to believe she wrote any of her speeches and columns by herself. She is the front person and marketer.

Sarah would loose in a landslide against the Magic One. I watched the same thing happen in NV with Reid and Angel. We need an electable candidate with similar values. Palin isn't it. There is no substitute for age and experience.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
It's the same ol same crap they used against Reagan. They must have been right then too LOL.

Reagan has DECADES of experience over Sarah (as governor and in the Screen Actors Guild negotiating with hardened businessmen).

Margaret Thatcher also was seasoned warrior.

Sarah is talented. That is not Enough. She need several seasons working with the Legislature, Executive agencies, and businesses to be POTUS, though.

BMT

Your right-Governor Reagan was 69 years old when he became President Reagan.

But his Screen Actors Guild experience negotiating with �hardened businessmen� seems a little thin compared to what Sarah did as head of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.

O yeah, she had to resign �quit� that job too as Alaska State law barred Palin from speaking out publicly about ethical violations and corruption.

Then she joined forces with Attorney General Gregg Renkes-the FBI came in-and some big name Republicans went down the tubes.

Then as Governor she finished what she had started-got her oil and gas pipeline deal going again-and those tough hardened Big Oil businessmen never knew what hit them.

Perhaps you forgot that President Reagan had two terms as Governor of the largest state in the union? Also I could be wrong but I don't remember that he ever quit mid-term.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by BMT
It's the same ol same crap they used against Reagan. They must have been right then too LOL.

Reagan has DECADES of experience over Sarah (as governor and in the Screen Actors Guild negotiating with hardened businessmen).

Sarah is talented. That is not Enough. She need several seasons working with the Legislature, Executive agencies, and businesses to be POTUS, though.

BMT

But his Screen Actors Guild experience negotiating with �hardened businessmen� seems a little thin compared to what Sarah did as head of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.

O yeah, she had to resign �quit� that job too as Alaska State law barred Palin from speaking out publicly about ethical violations and corruption.

Then she joined forces with Attorney General Gregg Renkes-the FBI came in-and some big name Republicans went down the tubes.

Then as Governor she finished what she had started-got her oil and gas pipeline deal going again-and those tough hardened Big Oil businessmen never knew what hit them.

Perhaps you forgot that President Reagan had two terms as Governor of the largest state in the union? Also I could be wrong but I don't remember that he ever quit mid-term.

I thought he was Governor of California. grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I am probably wrong and will stand corrected if I am but last I checked California was the largest state in union. Now one thing I know for certain it is much larger than Alaska.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Large does refer to actual size, right

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
State Area Ranking Area (square miles, including water)
Alaska 1 656,425 square miles
Texas 2 268,601 square miles
California 3 163,707 square miles
Montana 4 147,046 square miles
New Mexico 5 121,593 square miles
Arizona 6 114,006 square miles
Nevada 7 110,567 square miles
Colorado 8 104,100 square miles
Oregon 9 98,386 square miles
Wyoming 10 97,818 square miles
State

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably population and economy...the world's 7th largest economy at that time.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In square miles:

656,425 size of Alaska compared to other states
268,601 size of Texas compared to other states
163,707 size of California compared to other states

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Just checked California is the largest state. Alaska is around third smallest, Montana, North Dakota, and New Hampshire are smaller. Hell, California has dozens of cities and counties larger than Alaska.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Tracks
State

Hate to break this to you but square miles don't vote. Run that by population and see where Alaska ranks.

The "Governor" of a 700,000 population city in California would be called Mayor, and would have as much political horsepower as the mayor of Wasilla Ak.

www.paracay.com

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
State

Hate to break this to you but square miles don't vote. Run that by population and see where Alaska ranks.

The "Governor" of a 700,000 population city in California would be called Mayor, and would have as much political horsepower as the mayor of Wasilla Ak.

LOL But California still suxs more.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Nevertheless what I say is true.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
State

LOL But California still suxs more.

Which made the job Ronnie did there even more amazing and overshadows Palins puny record of achievements. She needs more years of real experience.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Palin's path to be president was to win the last election and have McCain keel over in the first time.

That didn't pan out so the time has passed.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are absolutely correct. However, most who use English as a first language connect any reference to largest, without any qualifiers, to size alone.
You didn't say largest population, you only said largest.
You were wrong, but that's nothing new.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd love to see her lure the likes of Victoria Toensing and Linda Chavez back before the ol' backstop again � beautiful patriots with brains and principles.

Either one would launch the screaming Left far out beyond Mars without the need for any rocket-assist. Just the idea alone warms both the cockle burrs of my heart and the heart � �

Toensing's husband, Joe DiGenova, wouldn't be a liability, either.

The problem might be how to persuade 'em to don the ol' bullseyes again.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

You are so full of crap!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hey Walt/pot, you notice how black that kettle is?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Which made the job Ronnie did there even more amazing and overshadows Palins puny record of achievements. She needs more years of real experience.

And what would this "experience" be if I may ask?

How do you explain the fact that there have been numerous past Presidents with every type of "experience" you could imagine and they still failed miserbly?

If you want to oppose Sarah Palin's candidacy, it seems to me ya' gotta challenge her on her record and her position on the current issues facing this country.......... and then compare and contrast them with others that may be vying for the job.

Ya' know?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Who is "full of crap"? Surely you could not be referring to me.

www.paracay.com

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,885
Posts18,518,254
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.