Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Like I said-I started this post with 4 pages of why Governor Palin is the strongest possible candidate for 2012-Chapter and Verse.
About the growing broad appeal of Palin and why she has the best shot at the nomination and Beating Obama.
Sarah and her Tea Party will do what they did this year.
They will beat Obama like a rented mule.

You have posted nothing that has proven me wrong about anything I said.
You have no candidate with a better record or chance of beating Obama.
You have no dark horse that is going to ride up in the next six months and overtake Palin.

As always-I provide back up-This weeks Time Magazine:

�Palin has time on her side. Her popularity among conservatives means that she can wait until the last minute � perhaps as late as a year from now � before jumping into the Republican sweepstakes. And she could raise millions of dollars overnight. A number of veteran GOP operatives think she could win the nomination, even if polls today give her no chance of beating Obama. If Palin does run, "there would be excited thunder from the grass roots, celebration in the White House and despair among GOP leaders," says Mike Murphy, a longtime Republican consultant.

But Palin thinks Obama is vulnerable, and she implies that she is the one to take him on. "In battleground states, he's polling at 40% or below," she notes. "The country is rejecting his agenda ... My vision of America is diametrically opposed to his. He sees America as the problem. I see America as the solution." Asked what she makes of Obama's presidency thus far, Palin quipped, "Two words: Jimmy Carter." Asked who can beat him, she needed seven more: "Someone who can draw a sharp contrast.��

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By and large, Tea Party candidates didn't fare so well. Ours in NV got her clock cleaned by a wounded incumbent. The Rea Party backed candidates win primaries, but that is just the opening skirmish in a big war.

If she gets nominated, I'll work hard for her. I just don't think it will happen. You seem to think I am anti-Palin. I'm not. I am anti-Obama, and I want the best possible candidate out there to get rid of him. In my opinion, and that of many professional politicians, she can't beat him.

The Reid bunch were overjoyed when the Tea Party got Sharon Angel nominated. They'll be just as happy if Palin is our candidate. I still believe the nomination will go to someone that we've not mentioned yet. I do think Rubio will be on the ticket as #2, and Romney won't be a player.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Meanwhile the Beat Goes On!

Governor Palin was invited this weekend by Rev. Franklin Graham and his organization, Samaritan's Purse for a look-see at the mess in Haiti.
Also invited by Franklin Graham was Greta Van Susteren who has covered his trips before.

I hate to bust the bubbles of any of the Sarah Snipers here on the �Fire who somehow know that she can�t write a lick-but in Haiti Sarah spoke at a press conference without help from any writers or other staff members or even a teleprompter�

�I do urge Americans not to forget Haiti...Haiti has been a country that has suffered in the past, that's going to continue to suffer until some fundamental changes are being made here.. God created man to work, to produce, to be able to contribute and to take care of one's own family and one's own community.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...but what's her plan for reducing the national debt, reducing unemployment, and funding Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid?

Specifically,..what does she plan to do if elected President and how does she plan to accomplish those tasks?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You haven't heard either, eh?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...but what's her plan for reducing the national debt, reducing unemployment, and funding Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid?

Specifically,..what does she plan to do if elected President and how does she plan to accomplish those tasks?

Think you can wait to hear what she says on her campaign or in some other appropriate venue, or do you expect her to reply to your posts?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Think you can wait to hear what she says on her campaign or in some other appropriate venue, or do you expect her to reply to your posts?

lol,...It'll be interesting to hear her plan in *any* venue.

But being the politician that she obviously is, I don't expect to hear any specifics either now *or* later.

Getting into specifics isn't condusive to successful campaigns in times like these.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Palin likes Paul Ryan's plan.

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Palin-Ryan-Debt-Plan/2010/12/13/id/379740

Similar, the Ryan roadmap honors Social Security commitments by guaranteeing all existing rights to those over the age of 55.

Younger Americans can remain in the system or opt-out for a plan based on payroll taxes and paid into personal account, owned by them but managed by Social Security and guaranteed by the government.

�As early as 2025, federal revenue will barely be enough to pay for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and interest on our national debt,� Palin wrote.

�With spending structurally outpacing revenue, something clearly needs to be done to avert national bankruptcy.�

Palin singles out the commission�s unwillingness to undo Obama�s healthcare reform, raising again the specter of government decisions over life and death, driven by the overwhelming need to cut costs.

The Obama commission�s plan �implicitly endorses the use of �death panel�-like rationing by way of the new Independent Payments Advisory Board � making bureaucrats, not medical professionals, the ultimate arbiters of what types of treatment will (and especially will not) be reimbursed under Medicare,� Palin wrote.

�We need a better plan to build on these conclusions with common-sense reforms to tackle our long-term funding crisis in a sustainable way,� she wrote.

Ryan�s plan offers a more reliable exit from America�s debt problems by �encouraging personal responsibility and independence,� Palin argued.

For instance, instead of Obamacare, the Ryan plan would give people control over their own spending, in part by creating medical savings accounts and granting an opt-in healthcare tax credit.

Ryan�s plan also cuts �our high and anticompetitive corporate income tax� by creating a business consumption tax of 8.5 percent.

Overall, taxes would be limited to 19 percent of GDP and the plan would create a Medicare voucher for citizens under 55 to purchase their own care, Palin wrote.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,..I saw that page also.

She just says she'll do whatever Paul Ryan says to do.

Paul Ryan voted for the bank bailout.

Palin voiced approval of it, also. She also said that she was in favor of a "path to citizenship" for illegals.

Of course, she's renounced both of those positions as of late.

As I said,...she knows how the political game is played.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
As I said,...she knows how the political game is played.

Yep! crazy

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Last Saturday I specifically replied to your specific question here on this thread�

With over 25 months to go before the next president is sworn in office and nobody-even you-knowing just how bad things may be by then�but all of us agreeing it ain�t looking good�all a private citizen without vote or veto except on election day-including Sarah Palin-can do is voice specific opinion and recommendations..

Everything that Obama and the Democratic Congress have done or tried to do-Palin has answered with chapter & verse.
Tons of stuff on Obamacare and what a good healthcare plan should be.
Tons of stuff on other stuff�

On the Border and illegal immigration-Sarah has specifically backed Gov. Jan Brewer and Gov. Perry. What else can a private citizen or even a Governor of Alaska do?

Last week Palin specifically said that the extension of the unemployment benefits $150 B price tag to save the tax rates reductions-sucked. She would have voted against the deal-if she had a vote and she didn�t.

As for What-are-you-going-to-do about whatever-will-be on Jan. 20. 2012-Palin said this week on Time Magazine:

If you won the presidency what would be the first things you'd do in office?

�The first priority of the next Republican president should be to sign a bill for the repeal and replacement of Obamacare with true free-market, patient-centered reform. Obamacare's repeal would help to cut future deficits. It would also send a strong signal to America's workers and employers that government is back on their side and is no longer seeking to impose its one-size-fits-all "solutions" from above. Other priorities would obviously be a real plan for domestic energy development that doesn't ignore conventional resources while we actively pursue the next big breakthrough in renewable energy. I'd also look for entitlement reform, as well as a system-wide audit of government spending with a goal to move us toward zero-based budgeting practices and ultimately a balanced budget. We need to start really living within our means. As any mother or father will tell you, you don't spend what you don't have. And if the argument against this is that the government is too big and unruly to even consider such an audit, then I say that that alone is all the proof you need that our government has grown completely out of control and desperately needs to be reined in.�

As for the next day and afterwards-last week in Palin�s Op-Ed at the Wall Street Journal-she says while it ain�t perfect Rep. Paul Ryan�s Roadmap for America�s Future is the best she has seen so far�you may want to shoot the messenger-but Paul Ryan is specific.

Ryan will be looking for a new job in 2012 and Sarah may just have one for him.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
You haven't heard either, eh?

I�m still agreeing with what Sarah said last week in her Op-Ed at the Wall Street Journal:

�In my view, a better plan is the Roadmap for America�s Future produced by Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wisc.). The Roadmap offers a reliable path to long-term solvency for our entitlement programs, and it does so by encouraging personal responsibility and independence.

On health care, it would replace ObamaCare with a new system in which people are given greater control over their own health-care spending. It achieves this partly through creating medical savings accounts and a new health-care tax credit�the only tax credit that would be left in a radically simplified new income tax system that people can opt into if they wish.

The Roadmap would also replace our high and anticompetitive corporate income tax with a business consumption tax of just 8.5%. The overall tax burden would be limited to 19% of GDP (compared to 21% under the deficit commission�s proposals). Beyond that, Rep. Ryan proposes fundamental reform of Medicare for those under 55 by turning the current benefit into a voucher with which people can purchase their own care.
On Social Security, as with Medicare, the Roadmap honors our commitments to those who are already receiving benefits by guaranteeing all existing rights to people over the age of 55. Those below that age are offered a choice: They can remain in the traditional government-run system or direct a portion of their payroll taxes to personal accounts, owned by them, managed by the Social Security Administration and guaranteed by the federal government. Under the Roadmap�s proposals, they can pass these savings onto their heirs. The current Medicaid system, the majority of which is paid for by the federal government but administered by the states, would be replaced by a block-grant system that would reward economizing states.
Together these reforms help to secure our entitlement programs for the 21st century. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the Roadmap would lead to lower deficits and a much lower federal debt. The CBO estimates that under current spending plans, our federal debt would rise to 87% of GDP by 2020, to 223% by 2040, and to 433% by 2060. Under Rep. Ryan�s Roadmap, the CBO estimates that debt would rise much more slowly, peaking at 99% in 2040 and then dropping back to 77% by 2060.
Put simply: Our country is on the path toward bankruptcy. We must turn around before it�s too late, and the Roadmap offers a clear plan for doing so. But it does more than just fend off disaster. CBO calculations show that the Roadmap would also help create a �much more favorable macroeconomic outlook� for the next half-century. The CBO estimates that under the Roadmap, by 2058 per-person GDP would be around 70% higher than the current trend.

Is Rep. Ryan�s Roadmap perfect? Of course not�no government plan ever is. But it�s the best plan on the table at a time when doing nothing is no longer an option.
Let�s not settle for the big-government status quo, which is what the president�s commission offers. We owe it to our children and grandchildren to make these tough decisions so that they might inherit a prosperous and strong America like the one we were given. Governor Sarah Palin

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMHO, that's very likely to be exactly what she'd write if she were a back-room speech-writer for some other candidate.

"Good enough" isn't.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Well-Sarah does have that degree in Journalism�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Beyond that, Rep. Ryan proposes fundamental reform of Medicare for those under 55 by turning the current benefit into a voucher with which people can purchase their own care.
On Social Security, as with Medicare, the Roadmap honors our commitments to those who are already receiving benefits by guaranteeing all existing rights to people over the age of 55.

Translation.

The country is broke.

If you're under 55,..everything you've paid into Social Security is gone.

Deal with it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
The CBO estimates that under the Roadmap, by 2058 per-person GDP would be around 70% higher than the current trend.

Translation:

We'll have this chit under control in 50 years.

Just be patient.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Which made the job Ronnie did there even more amazing and overshadows Palins puny record of achievements. She needs more years of real experience.

And what would this "experience" be if I may ask?

How do you explain the fact that there have been numerous past Presidents with every type of "experience" you could imagine and they still failed miserbly?

If you want to oppose Sarah Palin's candidacy, it seems to me ya' gotta challenge her on her record and her position on the current issues facing this country.......... and then compare and contrast them with others that may be vying for the job.

Ya' know?

What record? You're trying to polish a turd and push a rope. She ain't it,,,,period.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What record?

Although Sarah Palin's record of achievement as the former Governor of Alaska, city council member and Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska and Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has been documented here numerous times..................... I must agree that it would be difficult for someone like you with their head so far up their azz to have seen them.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
YA beat me to it.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
� trying to polish a turd �

Is lickin' one somehow to be recommended as a preferable alternative?

Thanks, but I'll just pass 'em and flush 'em � privately. grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,510
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.