-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cold Steel Roach Belly from Amazon.com for $15. Buy two and the shipping is free. It is an outstanding cheap knife for working up a deer. Good luck.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They've better patterns,for like funds.................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The straight Spike ain't horrid for caping,etc................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]
I see you have a Cold Steel "Spike" there. Had one for years. It was my constant companion while traveling in Italy about eight years ago. Had it hanging from my neck under my shirt. They come scary sharp. They do a nice job putting a zero grind on them at Cold Steel. Also like your Gerber commando dagger.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BS

To each his own. Those may be better woods patterns and we have most of those Cold Steels in our group. None will bone out a deer better than a Roach Belly. That is my opinion. Good luck.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]
I see you have a Cold Steel "Spike" there. Had one for years. It was my constant companion while traveling in Italy about eight years ago. Had it hanging from my neck under my shirt. They come scary sharp. They do a nice job putting a zero grind on them at Cold Steel. Also like your Gerber commando dagger.

I generally wear it when I'm in one of my boats,as it's handy for dealing with schitt you don't want,on a longline.

Like 'neckers pretty good on the average and have a herd...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by croldfort
BS

To each his own. Those may be better woods patterns and we have most of those Cold Steels in our group. None will bone out a deer better than a Roach Belly. That is my opinion. Good luck.

The FinnWolf(trifecta furthest left),is of less belly and of more flexibility than the 'Roach,both attributes aid in the seperation of meat from bone.

Profile is superior too...............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree. My Roach Belly was taped to the front of a Finn Wolf sheath with black tape to make a great cheap combo pouch. I gave them to my deer skinner this year, after he raved about the Roach Belly boning out our deer. I am looking at the boxes of two new Roach Belly's on my desk now. Life is good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recently found some Roach Belly's on-line for $9.99; I kept 2 of em'...the rest are Christmas gifts. Great knife for the money.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by rosco1
Not the knife for a lifetime of use, but for utility I really like these.

[Linked Image]

I will take that and a steel over anything else posted.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Points awarded for humor!..................

I have many knifes both custom made D2 Tool Steel and Damascus blades and also name brand knifes but I got a Havalon Piranta which has replaceable surgical sharp stainless steel blades and thats all I carry now and I sell them because I have never seen any knife that can hold a candel too them. h1hunterhotmail.com
Free shipping, 12 extra blades, holster. Most of them are under $50 Guaranteed satisfaction.

The exact measure of injustice and wrong is that to which you will quietly submit.Doing nothing is the equivalent of giving your blessing. You must know your rights before you can step up and defend them.
"Frederick Douglass (1818-�95)"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Junk................

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 375TN, 6mmCreedmoor, 308ld, 1badf350, 7 invisible), 1,544 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,900
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.