Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What record?

Although Sarah Palin's record of achievement as the former Governor of Alaska, city council member and Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska and Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has been documented here numerous times..................... I must agree that it would be difficult for someone like you with their head so far up their azz to have seen them.

BOY! That should thrust her onto the world stage as a major player. LMAO laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari

BOY! That should thrust her onto the world stage as a major player. LMAO laugh

So tell us what "thrusted" the Magic Negro onto the "world stage"? LMAO smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idiots who didn't know any better.

I have to believe we're smarter than they were. Nominating Palin just isn't smart. She would be a disaster like Goldwater was in 1964. She would take down all the gains of 2010, IMO.

Hey! I'm not the enemy...Obammy and his sheeple are. We need get it right this time more than ever before.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hard as it is to admit,...America needs to get comfortable with the idea of Palins and their ilk holding high public office.

We've been through Clinton, Bush, and now Obama.

It's painfully obvious that the office of President no longer holds the prestige that it once did.

Society's high achievers have more lofty ambitions than to be the butt boys of the ruling class by presiding over their scuttled empire.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What record?

Although Sarah Palin's record of achievement as the former Governor of Alaska, city council member and Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska and Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has been documented here numerous times..................... I must agree that it would be difficult for someone like you with their head so far up their azz to have seen them.

+10

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Idiots who didn't know any better.

I have to believe we're smarter than they were. Nominating Palin just isn't smart. She would be a disaster like Goldwater was in 1964. She would take down all the gains of 2010, IMO.

Hey! I'm not the enemy...Obammy and his sheeple are. We need get it right this time more than ever before.

I agree. She most probably will not be the nominee, yet who would have thought the vagaries of politics would have made her the last Republican VP nominee? That was a big mistake, a bigger mistake would be to nominate her. That would guarantee a Democret victory.

Personally I think she is smarter than that. She has a lucrative gig going now. Why trade a pay cut and the hatred of millions for the adulation of millions she now enjoys?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know better than to jump into this thread but...

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I like the woman and I agree with most of her positions on the issues, but I truly, in my heart, don't think she can win a presidential election. If she became the front runner officially, 100 million liberals around the country would have an instant orgasm and not even know why. The democrats are absolutely SALIVATING over the prospect of her running. They know the messiah is weak and on the ropes, and this would be just the thing that would completely unite the progressive movement to a 2nd Obama term and the end of the nation as we know it.

Let the flogging begin...

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

No floggings from old Spano. You are right on target.

Her nomination would be the best gift our side could give to the Demos. They would be partying in the streets, licking their chops in anticipation of their landslide victory.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

I've said this before but I'll say it again. I like the woman and I agree with most of her positions on the issues, but I truly, in my heart, don't think she can win a presidential election. If she became the front runner officially, 100 million liberals around the country would have an instant orgasm and not even know why. The democrats are absolutely SALIVATING over the prospect of her running. They know the messiah is weak and on the ropes, and this would be just the thing that would completely unite the progressive movement to a 2nd Obama term and the end of the nation as we know it.

So-no flogging-but now we let the liberals pick our candidates?
I started this post with how I see Palin winning and nobody has show me so far where I am wrong.
Some have said that I am wrong but they have nothing to back up their assertions.

This is from Time Magazine last week:
Palin has time on her side. Her popularity among conservatives means that she can wait until the last minute � perhaps as late as a year from now � before jumping into the Republican sweepstakes. And she could raise millions of dollars overnight. A number of veteran GOP operatives think she could win the nomination, even if polls today give her no chance of beating Obama. If Palin does run, "there would be excited thunder from the grass roots, celebration in the White House and despair among GOP leaders," says Mike Murphy, a longtime Republican consultant.

But Palin thinks Obama is vulnerable, and she implies that she is the one to take him on. "In battleground states, he's polling at 40% or below," she notes. "The country is rejecting his agenda ... My vision of America is diametrically opposed to his. He sees America as the problem. I see America as the solution." Asked what she makes of Obama's presidency thus far, Palin quipped, "Two words: Jimmy Carter." Asked who can beat him, she needed seven more: "Someone who can draw a sharp contrast."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

No floggings from old Spano. You are right on target.

Her nomination would be the best gift our side could give to the Demos. They would be partying in the streets, licking their chops in anticipation of their landslide victory.

Some people-buy em books-all they do is eat the covers.

Post one rationale as to how in the hell the team of Palin and the Tea Party who just won a landslide will now lose in a landslide.????

In my OP I said this:
Using the Gallup numbers originally posted by Flyfast to look at the popular vote:
40% conservative
35% moderate
20% liberal
5% �don�t have a clue�

If Obama pulls a Clinton and moves center and the Tea Party wins a few fights in 2011/12 and staves off disaster-I see:
40% conservative for Palin
15/20% split moderates for Palin AND her Tea Party
Judging by the last election that should be maybe 5/30% split.
40+20=60% or more for Palin and Obama loses 5-10% of his pissed off liberal base and some of the undecided that will vote for Jerry Brown or some other leftwing nut.

If Obama hunkers down on the left and Everything goes south:
30% moderate for Palin. Obama gets the other 5% and keeps the 20% liberal and 5% undecided.
70% Palin 30% Obama.

If Obama is benched and they sign Hillary-I see about the same percentages.
She has her baggage too.

Goodbye President Obama�Hullo President Palin!

Show me where you get Your landslide!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bow,

I think Mike Murphy pretty much sums it up. He isn't exactly a novice and should be listened to.

If Palin doesn't run or win the nomination, do you have a second favorite?

The field at present seems awfully thin. I hope we have someone else rise up and excite the country. Rubio is too young and has an insufficient track record. He will be a perfect second place on the ticket, however.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For one thing, I honestly don't think she can beat satan's spawn in a debate. I'm sure people will disagree, but that's my position. She barely beat Bidden in her debate as VP candidate and I would argue that Bidden is probably the stupidest man to ever hold public office. For God's sake, the man couldn't put his foot in his mouth more often if he was a world class contortionist. Bidden is minor leagues and Obama would run circle around her imo. And that doesn't mean I think she wouldn't be correct on the issues either. I think she could be right on every issue in a debate with Obama and STILL lose the debate. The guy is that evil and her ability to think on her feet in that setting is marginal at best from what I have seen. I struggle with these kinds of arguments all the time. I can like the candidate, but if I don't think she can win, what's the point.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For one thing, I honestly don't think she can beat satan's spawn in a debate. I'm sure people will disagree, but that's my position. She barely beat Bidden in her debate as VP candidate and I would argue that Bidden is probably the stupidest man to ever hold public office. For God's sake, the man couldn't put his foot in his mouth more often if he was a world class contortionist. Bidden is minor leagues and Obama would run circle around her imo. And that doesn't mean I think she wouldn't be correct on the issues either. I think she could be right on every issue in a debate with Obama and STILL lose the debate. The guy is that evil and her ability to think on her feet in that setting is marginal at best from what I have seen. I struggle with these kinds of arguments all the time. I can like the candidate, but if I don't think she can win, what's the point.

If you don't think she can win just give up?? I hear a lot of that negativity floating around the fire. The are a lot of Medal of Honor winners who wouldn't have done what they did if they said "I don't think I can." A lot of championship teams that wouldn'th have been champions if they had said "we don't think we can win." We wouldn't even have a country if George Washington, Sam Adams, Ben Franklin and all the rest had said, "we can't beat the British." Come on guys, that isn't the American way/attitude! Sarah is out there daily kicking butt and taking names, taking on dems and RINO's, and putting out excellent policy papers. Basically the only one in this country doing it, espousing the values of most of us on here. Do we once again settle and cave to the establishment R's? Accept a Romney the RINO? Screw that, win or lose I'm going with someone who says and fights for the things I believe in and love. Some of you have been drinking the MSM bs about her. We going to be weenies or winners. I'm for putting it right in the dems face like we just did. Odd that if Sarah can't win how many of the folks she backed won. She can win.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You pessimists who say that you like Mrs Palin, "but � ,"

Why not root for her now, to encourage support for her now, even if you think that she now faces discouraging odds against winning a nomination or an election or being part of a good administration?

How satisfying would either
(a) making your pessimism a self-fulfilling prophecy
or
(b) being able to say postmortem "I told you so!"
be to you?

How do you prefer to begin a ball game? Intending to win it? Expecting to lose it?

Is defeatism's bitter taste too tantalizing to resist?

Is a predicted, preaccepted defeat easier to live with than a determinedly resisted one?

(Note that I'm not addressing those who dread her success and salivate over the notion of her defeat.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For Ken and Arctic, just because I like the woman doesn't mean I am excited about the prospects of her in the presidency. And no, that doesn't make me a quitter or anything. If she is the candidate, I would vote for her. At this point in time, however, I think we can find a better candidate. There's over a year and a half to find the candidate. That's all I'm saying. If you guy want to root for her, that's cool with me. I just think we can find someone with a better chance of winning the election. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it for now.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it for now.

Does "sticking with it" require trumpeting it continually like a panicky elephant?

Pun intended

Just askin'

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol, ok ok. I'll leave the discussion for now. We'll see how things play out in the field of candidates for the next year and I'll watch her. I think there's plenty of time to find the right person. I just don't think we've done it yet. I reserve the right to change my mind as things unfold...

MOLON LABE
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

+1

I do have to say that I admire Bowsinger's unwavering optimism for Palin but I am reminded that realism and optimism are often at odds with each other. The reality is Palin will need to win over independents to beat Obama in 2012 and so far she hasn't done done that according to current polling.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NeBassman

+1

I do have to say that I admire Bowsinger's unwavering optimism for Palin but I am reminded that realism and optimism are often at odds with each other. The reality is Palin will need to win over independents to beat Obama in 2012 and so far she hasn't done done that according to current polling.

�Dang Bowsinger, you're like some thirteen-year-old boy with his first crush-ColeYounger:�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

I always look forward to your posts-you always back up your opinion with rationale.

Let me throw in about two cents worth why I think Sarah can beat Obama in a debate.

I completely agree with you about Uncle Joe Biden, but when it comes to public gaffes-Obama with his teleprompter and his 57 states ain�t too far behind.
They are under reported except by Sarah Palin who has listed them all.
And Obama won�t have his teleprompter in the debate.

Whomever debates Obama or his replacement will have won or at least done well in the GOP primary debates and even more important-done well on the FOX news prime time lineup with O'Reilly, Hannity, Greta, Beck, Bret Baer, Megyn Kelly, and the morning guys. There are going to be some sharp people and good debaters in the GOP primary-if he gets in-has Newt ever lost a debate?

If it ends up being Sarah against Obama-she will have earned it-she has come a long ways since she beat Biden with only 3 weeks to get ready against his years on the Hill and months on the campaign trail.

One last thought about debates-it ain�t so much what you say-but how you say it.
That is how Obama beat H Clinton and how the master of them all-Ronald Reagan did it.
Whatever else-Reagan knew how to deliver a line and make you believe.
And it is how Sarah gets her stratospheric name recognition.

Reagan is Palin�s Mentor and Hero and she is a fast learner.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,860
Posts18,517,817
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.