OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
smile

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What record?

Although Sarah Palin's record of achievement as the former Governor of Alaska, city council member and Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska and Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission has been documented here numerous times..................... I must agree that it would be difficult for someone like you with their head so far up their azz to have seen them.

Real heavy schitt, no doubt. Reread Spano's posts on "size".

If Palin is all we have to offer, we're screwed. Real bad, like. Karl Marx, reincarnated, could walk up to your door and announce he's been born again as a "True Conservative" and you'd suck it up. You are that shallow.

Head up the rectal you say?? Now,,,please continue on with your heroine worship along with your litter mates, Bowsinger and ackley17B.B.brain.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Speaking of Palin Endorsements.

I have never seen a list like this.
I have never seen a politician who was not contending-work so hard.
I have never seen a private citizen who has never held national office-have such an impact on a national election.
I have never seen such a high total of wins or percentage of wins as Sarah and her small staff put together.

PALIN
HAVE GUN
WILL TRAVEL

You, quite obviously, have never seen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a lot.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Show me where I am wrong.

Put up or shut up.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Put up or shut up.

Showing you where you are right would be the greater challenge on this one.

Hey, if it were down to Palin vs ANY demo in the finals, then yes, Palin would be my vote. I do hope it does not come to that cause she still ain't it and not by a looooong shot no matter how much you and others here continue to pine over her. Like all politicos, she's riding the wave and it is a good one to ride. Send her some of your "I believe" money, that'll work and that way you can put up or shut up.

But, then again, Obama made it in as a long shot so hope does spring eternal and dreams do come true.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Put up or shut up.

Hey, if it were down to Palin vs ANY demo in the finals, then yes, Palin would be my vote. I do hope it does not come to that cause she still ain't it and not by a looooong shot no matter how much you and others here continue to pine over her. Like all politicos, she's riding the wave and it is a good one to ride. Send her some of your "I believe" money, that'll work and that way you can put up or shut up.

But, then again, Obama made it in as a long shot so hope does spring eternal and dreams do come true.

As usual, no specifics, just more........worthless dribble!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nemesis

Put up or shut up.

As usual, no specifics, just more........worthless dribble!!

This, from the expert purveyor of the same. Ok, specifically, she ain't the one.

She was such a "great help" to McCain as I recall? How about you, your recollection of that?

edited to add; Wait, I know, she can get Ron Paul as a running mate and be a virtual shoe-in. Yeah, that's the ticket for sure.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 12/19/10.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
While we wait for Toot to prove me wrong-I thought this would be a good time to poke those who say Sarah doesn�t do good interviews. This one was with O�Reilly who really doesn�t understand the outdoor thing and that someone like Sarah walks a different path.
And she means exactly what she says.

Or as I put it: From inside the beltway-Uh hem, don�t quite see how this Alaska TV show is all that helpful in the political arena�and that Kate Gosselin thing�Sniff-Sniff�not all that presidential you know�Huckabee doing his TV show is one thing�but Palin?

Posted by Fay on December 17, 2010
�Governor Palin talked to Bill O�Reilly on The Factor last night about her new book and her TV series and their potential effects on her political career. Below is the transcript of their interview.
Notice that Governor Palin doesn�t allow O�Reilly to interrupt her in mid-sentence anymore. There are at least two places where she goes right on to finish her sentence. Good job, Gov!�

BILL O�REILLY, HOST: In the �Personal Story� segment tonight: As you may know, Sarah Palin has a hit TV show on cable and another best-selling book called �America by Heart,� where she talks about her vision of what the country should be. But some say all of that stuff may be hurting her in the political arena.
Joining us now from Alaska is Governor Palin. You know, Charles Krauthammer, he�s a smart guy. Even Clinton said that. Bill Clinton said he was a smart guy. We�re talking to him about possible GOP contenders for president in 2012. Of course, your name came up. And he said, look, he�s not quite convinced that the outside activities that you�re engaging in would help you if you decide to run for president. Does Krauthammer have a point?
SARAH PALIN, FORMER GOVERNOR OF ALASKA: Well, bless his heart, he�s probably used to those in the political Beltway who perhaps aren�t out there working, but they�re talking and they�re meeting people and they�re doing their strategery, whereas I�m working and I�m having a great time doing it. It�s been a pleasure to bring Americans along for the ride to show them what America�s Fort Knox, this land that we call Alaska has to offer and to film eight episodes to show Americans what it is that we do.
O�REILLY: Well, that�s right.
PALIN: And what we have up here in terms of resources. It�s a pleasure. And the book � the book, of course, it�s all about America�s heart and our exceptionalism�
O�REILLY: Well, we�ll get to the book. We�ll get to the book in a minute.
PALIN: �and how important it is to protect it. So I don�t think there�s anything non-presidential about writing the book.
O�REILLY: OK, we�ll get to the book in a moment. The television show, you�re out there and you�re presenting your state in a very positive way. And it�s � you know, very entertaining program. Big hit for TLC. But how does that, in your mind, help you in the political arena, or does it?
PALIN: I told Alaskans that I was going to do all that I could to promote Alaska. And I�ll tell you, TLC�s debut show as the highest-rated show in that � in that cable network�s history. I think it�s doing a good job for Alaska, for our economy and�
O�REILLY: OK, so you�re promoting � you�re promoting the state that you love.
PALIN: Promoting Alaska.
O�REILLY: OK, good.
PALIN: And even more importantly, promoting domestic resources that we have in America that can be tapped into to allow us to be more secure, healthier, more prosperous. A lot of the show has to do with the resources that we have that need to be developed.
O�REILLY: OK. Now, Kate Gosselin and you, she�s whining that she�s hungry and she saw a turtle or something. I don�t know what she�s doing. And � but, see, is that presidential, you and Kate Gosselin in the forest? People would say, you know, look, it doesn�t elevate the governor, the former governor of Alaska. And you would say?
PALIN: I�m sorry that I�m not so hoity-toity. And you know, I don�t do this before I make a statement or endorse a person or portray reality up here in Alaskan life. I don�t do that.
O�REILLY: Did you make fun of her, by the way? When the cameras were off, did you mock Ms. Gosselin and did you make fun of her?
PALIN: No, but that episode certainly reflected a life lesson that I�m a believer in. And that is life is 10 percent circumstances, 90 percent how you react to circumstances. I think that was illustrated in that episode.
O�REILLY: All right. So you wouldn�t appoint her, Gosselin, to a cabinet position if you were in Washington or anything, would you?
PALIN: What do you think?
O�REILLY: I�m just giving you a little jazz, governor. You know how I am, how immature I am.
PALIN: I know how you are, yes. I need you to come up here. We�ll take you out camping and hiking and hunting.
O�REILLY: I�m coming. I�m coming next summer. I�m coming in the summer. Absolutely. I�m a tough guy. I�ll be out there and I�ll be skinning those moose or whatever you guys do.
Now your book, I enjoyed the book, because it�s, you know, you can hear you talking on the pages. So chapter five is the rise of mama grizzlies, OK? And you�re very famous for that expression. Can a liberal woman be a mama grizzly?
PALIN: A liberal woman who understands that it�s individual rights and responsibilities that can pull one person up when they are exercised appropriately certainly can be a mama grizzly, because a mama grizzly is all about protecting the young. And we protect the young by teaching them how to work, not rely on another bear. In our case, not to rely on bigger government to solve problems and to provide solutions�
O�REILLY: So it would be hard then?
PALIN: �to everything that we face. It�s all about individuals. It�s about family. It�s about small community. It�s about individual responsibility.
O�REILLY: OK, so it would be hard for a liberal woman who believes in a collective responsibility to elevate everyone � that�s the liberal philosophy � to be a mama grizzly, because you�re basically saying, look, the real mama grizzlies teach their kids self-reliance, to not, you know, go into the big government and share the wealth, share the land type of thing. So it would be hard for a liberal woman to be a mama grizzly?
PALIN: It would be hard, yes.
O�REILLY: OK. Also, in the book, you concentrate on the feminist angle. And you say that you are a feminist, but you resent the fact that that label has been co-opted by the left. Want to explain that a little bit?
PALIN: I think there�s a lot of hypocrisy with women�s rights groups and those who proclaim to be the only ones who can wear that mantel, that title of feminist. I think that they are, in some cases, hypocrites, and they do not empower women. In fact, they make women sometimes feel weak and incapable of taking care of themselves and their families, because so often these feminists think that bigger government needs to provide the tools, the � everything that we need in order to survive and thrive in this country. I don�t believe that. I believe it�s all about a person�s character and their work ethic and how they choose to take care of themselves and their family. That is how we all can make for a better nation as we all do that.
And I think that too many feminists today have decided, and I think it�s been the case since the �60s and the �70s, they have decided that women need someone to take care of them. That�s the most hypocritical feminist mantra that there can be.
O�REILLY: Why do you say you�re a feminist?
PALIN: Because I am self-reliant and quite independent. And I�m lucky to have been brought up in a family where, really, gender hasn�t been an issue. And brought up in a community and a state where you�re expected, the women are, to work as hard as the men are and even engage in the same type of jobs that they are. And it is all about your work ethic and your character. That is what will progress you. It�s not going to be reliant on government to do so.
O�REILLY: You made it on your own. You absolutely made it on your own. So if I come up there next summer, and you take us out, I want Van Susteren to come out there, too, all right? I want her to come out. And then you guys can take us out, and just give me a knife, and I�ll handle anything that comes at me. That�s all I need. Just give me a knife.
Governor, Merry Christmas. Thanks for putting up with us, as always. Always fun to talk with you.
PALIN: Thank you.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� and just who, do you s'pose, who has his mind already set firmly against her, would listen to all that � or read it?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What do you not understand about her being a "QUITTER"? I can understand nemisis' obvious, ongoing stupidity as he lives in the shallow end of the gene pool with his densitometer constantly stuck in the max position, but you?

Remember another who was a "quitter", one named 'ole hoss pirogue' (Ross Perot)? Quit the run for the presidency after all of his tough talk, couldn't take the heat, cut and ran away. Remember that? What makes Palin any different? She couldn't handle the Governor's spot and she sure can't handle anything bigger. There's your "proof", not that it proves you wrong but only that you so carefully neglected to mention that stellar point of fact along with her "qualifications".

Ahhhhh, I forgot, I forgot,,,,, that she has a Reality Show. How presidential is that? That's gotta be it and I envision you as being one of her most ardent fans, sitting there watching each episode with a woody.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a treat to watch brains at work!

Wish I had one!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What do you not understand about her being a "QUITTER"? I can understand nemisis' obvious, ongoing stupidity as he lives in the shallow end of the gene pool with his densitometer constantly stuck in the max position, but you?

Hey old man, why don't you "Toot" on this?

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Hey Toot-do you ever get tired of being right all the time?

That stellar point about �quitter� that I so �carefully neglected to mention� is on Page 3 of this thread:

Of all the sound solid reasons why Governor Palin resigned that have been posted here on the �Fire-over and over again-this is the best�

Someone named Jesse Cornish responded with this and I posted it here:

�That echoes a lot of mine own thoughts. Like any wise military commander, she retreated from an untenable position where she was simply getting pummeled and possessed little capability of striking back. She then regrouped and launched a counteroffensive that surprised an overconfident enemy who already thought they had won. She stands victorious and in a far stronger position to effect positive change and elect commonsense conservatives. She truly is warrior for the conservative cause and while others hunker in the trenches, protected from enemy fire, she braves no man�s land and storms the enemy lines.�

Well said-indeed.

Second place goes to:
�A Palin aide was quoted as saying Palin was "no longer able to do the job she had been elected to do. Essentially, the taxpayers were paying for Sarah to go to work every day and defend herself.�

Tied for second:
�Well she could have just stayed in office like Kerry, Clinton, Obama or Gore and took her pay for doing nothing like the others did. But maybe if you write a book travel around get a little exposure on you own dime and some private help rather than forcing the tax payer to pay the bill again. Hmm a novel idea one that scares the crap out of the left doing it on your own. No the lefty's want the free ride and this is chiding them too the bone.�

AND:

Maybe-just maybe-to use your own words-Sarah had good reasons and did the smart thing-the right thing for Alaska and her family.
And the nation-did you notice her role in the 2010 election?

$500,000 in legal bills in just one year to defend yourself against nothing but crap?
Way past time to change the rules and I started this thread about how Sarah understands and is doing quite well using all the new rules of the game.

So-what part of my previous post about �quitting� didn�t you/don�t you understand?

Let me try again and add one more quote:

�When Palin returned to Alaska after the 2008 campaign, she confronted three problems. The political coalition on which she had based her governorship -- a combination of Democrats and renegade "Palinista" Republicans -- had, needless to say, collapsed. Her critics were using Alaska's tough ethics laws to launch investigations into her behavior, sapping her finances and her energy. Finally, every time she traveled to the Lower 48, Alaskans criticized her for putting her political interests above the state's.
Palin's solution was to resign. Her agenda stood a better chance of passing if then-Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who shared Palin's goals, succeeded her as governor. As a private citizen, meanwhile, Palin could make enough money to pay her legal bills. And she would no longer be accused of neglecting her official duties.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
�Ahhhhh, I forgot, I forgot,,,,, that she has a Reality Show. How presidential is that? That's gotta be it and I envision you as being one of her most ardent fans, sitting there watching each episode with a woody.�

You posted THAT in the next post right after I posted all that about Sarah Palin�s Alaska????
You forgot!???

Ken Howell is right when he said:
�� and just who, do you s'pose, who has his mind already set firmly against her, would listen to all that � or read it?�

The short version of what I posted:
�While we wait for Toot to prove me wrong-I thought this would be a good time to poke those who say Sarah doesn�t do good interviews. This one was with O�Reilly who really doesn�t understand the outdoor thing and that someone like Sarah walks a different path.
And she means exactly what she says.

Or as I put it: From inside the beltway-Uh hem, don�t quite see how this Alaska TV show is all that helpful in the political arena�and that Kate Gosselin thing�Sniff-Sniff�not all that presidential you know�Huckabee doing his TV show is one thing�but Palin?�

Some people-buy em books-all they do is eat the covers.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Palin never Quit! She was forced out by the bad Palin haters who..... Your right... She Quit! Once a quitter, always a quitter!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
— and just who, do you s'pose, who has his mind already set firmly against her, would listen to all that — or read it?

Ya-Yoost be right-some won�t read all dat.
Vill read only until der fingertip gets too sore.
But der bein� so much of der good stuff�

Dis one be shorter:

Posted by M. Joseph Sheppard's Recovering Liberal on December 19, 2010

In a major policy statement in early November (in contrast to the idiotic advice from Joe Klein of Time Magazine that �She has no positions on any issue�), Sarah Palin warned of the dangers of inflation due to the money printing of Bernanke�s Reserve Bank.
�All this pump priming will come at a serious price. And I mean that literally: everyone who ever goes out shopping for groceries knows that prices have risen significantly over the past year or so. Pump priming would push them even higher. And it�s not just groceries. Oil recently hit a six month high, at more than $87 a barrel. The weak dollar � a direct result of the Fed�s decision to dump more dollars onto the market � is pushing oil prices upwards. That�s like an extra tax on earnings. And the worst part of it: because the Obama White House refuses to open up our offshore and onshore oil reserves for exploration, most of that money will go directly to foreign regimes who don�t have America�s best interests at heart.�
This prescient statement attracted, of course, criticism from the left, for whom a gut negative reaction to all things Palin comes ahead of the professional detached analysis they are supposed to provide. There were sensible voices from the professional financial community, who, as they deal in the real world, saw the truth of her analysis.
Here is what has happened in the real world - reported, ironically by the San Francisco Chronicle, in the bastion of liberalism, just a month and a half after Palin�s sage comments:
�For the first time since 2008, inflation is hitting consumers in the stomach.
Grocery prices grew by more than 1 1/2 times the overall rate of inflation this year, outpaced only by costs of transportation and medical care, according to numbers released Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Economists predict that this is only the beginning. Fueled by the higher costs of wheat, sugar, corn, soybeans and energy, shoppers could see as much as a 4 percent increase at the supermarket checkout next year.
�I noticed just this month that my grocery bill for the same old stuff � cereal, eggs, milk, orange juice, peanut butter, bread � spiked $25,� said Sue Perry, deputy editor of ShopSmart magazine, a nonprofit publication from Consumer Reports. �It was a bit of sticker shock.�
But it makes sense. Since November 2009, meat, poultry, fish and eggs have surged 5.8 percent in price. Dairy and related products have gone up 3.8 percent; fats and oils, 3 percent; and sugar and sweets, 1.2 percent.
While overall inflation nationwide was 1.1 percent, grocery prices went up 1.7 percent nationally and 1.3 percent in the Bay Area, said Todd Johnson, an economist for the Bureau of Labor Statistics office in San Francisco. �The largest effects on grocery prices here over the last month were tomatoes, followed by eggs, fish and seafood.�

It is clear that not only does Palin understand the real life situations of the average person who is facing rising prices for staples, in contrast to the Beltway elite who live in a closeted world unaware of the struggling lives of the great mass of poor and middle class they purport to champion, but that she has positive policy prescriptions which, time after time, put the lie to the leftist talking heads who wrongly decry her on exactly that point.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The risk of nominating Palin is Obama serving a second term. eek

Is the risk worth it?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
What risk?

As I pointed out in my OP-the reasons why I think Sarah may have the best shot at being our 45th President.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

There is no risk. Nominate Palin get BHO. Absolutely NO risk.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BOWSINGER � read your PMs.

"Good enough" isn't.

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,890
Posts18,518,307
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.