Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Interesting piece in the Washington Post this morning about the possible outcome of a Palin/BHO matchup.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And guess what it says!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Dang Ken, you convinced me to go look. grin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/17/AR2010121701512.html

Six in 10 voters say they would not even consider voting for the former Alaska governor if she launches a White House bid, and she loses badly to President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 general election test.

Despite her high profile, amplified this fall by her campaign appearances and endorsements and her new reality TV program, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," Palin has not made demonstrable progress in overcoming opposition to her possible candidacy. If anything, she has slipped over the past year.

A slim 8 percent of all registered voters say they would definitely vote for Palin for president, while 31 percent say they would consider doing so. Fully 60 percent say they definitely would not. Among all Americans, 59 percent say they would not vote for her, up from 53 percent in November 2009.

I have no dog in this fight but if the polling is indeed accurate, nominating Palin does entail the risk of BO getting elected to a second term. There is still a lot of time for things to change between now and the next election but for the moment nominating Palin does appear to be a gamble.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
And guess what it says!

This reminds me of the CBS poll taken when Palin�s first book was setting all-time records for a political bio. They had her approvals at about 22% which didn�t leave near enough base to account for all those books sales�

Washington Post: �Six in 10 voters say they would not even consider voting for the former Alaska governor if she launches a White House bid, and she loses badly to President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 general election test.�

If most polls have Obama down to about 40-42% approval�wouldn�t that be about six in ten not voting for him? Isn�t six out of ten almost 60%? It used to be.

Washington Post: �Despite her high profile, amplified this fall by her campaign appearances and endorsements and her new reality TV program, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," Palin has not made demonstrable progress in overcoming opposition to her possible candidacy. If anything, she has slipped over the past year.�

Anybody believes that�I got this stainless steel arch for sale just up river from me�

My OP is based on what I read in the only accurate 2010 poll�the November election.
Obama wasn�t running, but his programs and his people were and they lost to the Tea Party in a landslide.
The GOP RINO�s didn�t do so good either.

Back to Palin, which Obama opponent has got the highest Tea Party approvals?
Who can beat Obama without the Tea Party?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The tea party is a force to be reckoned with, let us hope it continues to support Conservative causes and candidates and not go Third Party.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
For those who DO NOT support PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!

12/20 �One of Sarah Palin�s most-trusted advisers is going to work for a newly elected Arizona congressman.
Tom Van Flein, an Anchorage lawyer who has become a political adviser and fixer of sorts for Palin and her family, will become legislative director and deputy chief of staff for incoming Republican Rep. Paul Gosar, it was announced Monday.
Van Flein is one of the four aides Palin most relies on, helping to devise political strategy and do research. He graduated from the University of Arizona College of Law and formerly lived and worked in Arizona��

AND:

�Haven�t had your fill of Sarah Palin and her brood hunting, shooting, fishing and rafting on TLC? Well don�t fret, it looks like �Sarah Palin�s Alaska� could be sticking around for a second season.
On Tuesday, PopEater reported that �'Sarah Palin's Alaska' is such a huge hit for TLC that the network is busy trying to get the former governor to sign up for season two.� The show has indeed been a success for the network, with about 3 million people tuning in on average week after week.
[�]
A TLC insider told the site, �For sure the network is doing everything it possibly can to convince Sarah to do another season,� but like so many things in life, the insider said that �it will all come down to money." (Political plans, of course, could also get in the way.)
"Sarah knows to strike when the iron is hot and started talking about season two right after the show debuted to huge numbers," a friend of Palin�s reportedly informed PopEater. "She knows that celebrities get millions of dollar for each episode of their shows and thinks she's worth it too,� the insider continued, citing Jennifer Aniston and the millions she banked from �Friends� as an example. It was reported that Palin makes $250,000 per episode, bringing her total to two million for the entire season.
While �Sarah Palin�s Alaska� is not pulling in numbers like �Friends� did (�Friends� debuted with 22 million eyeballs and the finale pulled in 52.5 million viewers) PopEater writes that, according to a TV expert, �if Palin plays her cards right, it would not be impossible for her to get $1 million an episode for a second season.�

For those who DO support PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!

�Rumors that there would be a second season of Sarah Palin�s Alaska are false, Ian Lazaran, Conservatives4Palin reported overnight. The rumor originated from �Popeater,� and is the third outright lie they have told about Governor Palin.
Rebecca Mansour offered this sage advice in her Tweet about Popeater:
Rule of thumb: anything �PopEater� reports about Sarah Palin is completely made up � as in fabricated out of thin air.�

It is also being pointed out on the pro-Palin sites that as a mother with five kids, Sarah knows how to multitask.
And she could easily do a �Winter in Palin�s Alaska� before she even gets in the race.

AND SOME OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE DROPPING OUT.

�Politico is reporting that Mike Pence will likely not run for President and instead run for governor of Indiana:
�Sitting Republican Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman�s announcement Monday that she won�t run for governor appears to be pushing Pence toward Indianapolis.�

Does it help Palin too�not having him out of the presidential race, having a strong conservative, tea party embracing candidate running for governor in a usually reliable red state that went to Obama in 2008?
Does it help Palin too�not having him out of the presidential race, having a strong conservative, tea party embracing candidate running for governor in a usually reliable red state that went to Obama in 2008?�

�Jonah Goldberg reports that Mike Huckabee will likely not run for President:
Also, there�s growing buzz that Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and a fierce defender of his top-tier contender status, may not run at all because he�s got a big new contract with Fox News in the works.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

All the above is more reason for those of sensible political acumen to be wary, very wary, of nominating Mrs. Palin for president.

You may note that who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.

Nominate her and elect BHO, simple as that.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be interested in learning who the " large in number , highly intelligent " bunch will be nominating .

Seems like you would be the one to know .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

We haven't decided yet but I will get back to you on that next year. Be assured we have our best people working on it.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

We haven't decided yet but I will get back to you on that next year. Be assured we have our best people working on it.

In fact, here's some of our key players right now:

[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

All the above is more reason for those of sensible political acumen to be wary, very wary, of nominating Mrs. Palin for president.

You may note that who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.

So that would be me?
Of little intellect?
Go to hell.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Never meant you, Bowsinger, you are always very reasoned, erudite, and (mostly) polite in your commentary. That is why I find it difficult to understand why you support the Lady for President.

A Merry Christmas to you and yours.

www.paracay.com

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

So that would be me?
Of little intellect?
Go to hell.

Yep. He forgot to mention how much you think of yourself, too.

You're actually a defacto bho supporter, ain't-cha?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Q: So you think Sarah Palin could be elected? Do you think Sarah Palin�s electable?

Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana:
A: �Oh, absolutely. I think it�s up to her to make the case to voters. I think we have several � and, by the way, I am biased towards governors and those that have run organizations and executives who�ve had to balance budgets, make tough choices.�
�But when I first ran for governor, Al, the establishment didn�t think I should run. There were folks � I write about it in the book � that didn�t think I should run. The money people got together and said, �Maybe you should get out of the race.� The voters get to decide that.�

Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts:
�We were getting a little long-of-tooth on our stage, if you will, on the national stage, and she re-energized us, and I think she also is one of the � if you will �the instigators behind the tea party movement, which again [with its] energy and intensity gives us a better shot of picking up seats this fall. So I could say nothing except positive things about Sarah Palin."

Jim Demint, Senator from South Carolina:
�Sarah Palin�s done a lot of good for the country. She�s gone out front and taken a lot of the slings and arrows from the critics. When women or minorities get involved in politics as conservatives, they take a lot of hits from the press. And she�s done a lot of good for the Republican Party, and for our country.�

Mike Pence, Congressman from Indiana:
�But with regards to Sarah Palin � she�s a force of nature. I just can�t help it � I just love her. I just think she�s got a bold and courageous voice for conservative values. She doesn�t apologize and I like her style.�

Rudy Giuliani, former New York City Mayor:
�She�s got a hell of a lot more qualifications than Barack Obama had when he ran for President.�

Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida:
She has incredible skill�
�She�s managed to figure out how to deal with this almost irrational displeasure of
her. She turns it into a huge political strength.�

Karl Rove, Republican strategist and commentator:
�If she�s thinking about running, she�s doing the smart thing�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The bottom line for me is that I don't believe that Sarah Palin is smart enough or worldly enough to be a good POTUS. I voted for McCain, despite his selection of SP for VP, because I didn't believe that Obama had enough experience to be a good POTUS. Obama won on the "I'm not GWB" platform, not because he had any specific plan to get the U.S. economy going again. The most Presidential thing that he had done, at least that I can see, was his termination of Stanley McCrystal. No POTUS can allow a subordinate to be so grossly disrespectful and Obama, to his credit, didn't. But other than that, what good has he done after 2 years on office? The Republican Party needs to find an electable candidate with a strong, specific, platform if they hope to extract Obama from office in 2012.

Of course, I've been wrong before. I never thought that I'd see an Afro-American POTUS in my lifetime and certainly not an Afro-American POTUS with so little actual achievement on his resume.

Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Nowhere in the above do I see any of those luminaries endorsing the lady for the nomination. Rather the term, "Damning with faint praise" springs to mind.

The simple fact remains, nominate the lady and re-elect Hussein.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nowhere in the above do I see any of those luminaries endorsing the lady for the nomination. Rather the term, "Damning with faint praise" springs to mind.

The simple fact remains, nominate the lady and re-elect Hussein.

By the way those aren't luminaries their moderate POS.

Oh and you moderate supporters really need to get off that Hussein is unbeatable drug.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/28/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Hate to disagree, but in the Political Pantheon those mentioned are luminaries.

I don't and did not say Hussein is unbeatable just that he is unbeatable by the lady among others. Assume the lady does not run, which is a very good possibility, whom would you like to see as the nominee?

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I voted for McCain, despite his selection of SP for VP,

I voted for McCain, because of his selection of SP for VP, miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hate to disagree, but in the Political Pantheon those mentioned are luminaries.

I don't and did not say Hussein is unbeatable just that he is unbeatable by the lady among others. Assume the lady does not run, which is a very good possibility, whom would you like to see as the nominee?

YOU are supposed to be telling US who to nominate .Right ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,862
Posts18,517,846
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.