Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
rob-

I'd like to suggest that you wait just a bit longer to hopefully get more participants.

I concur. Comon all you self-proclaimed great chefs! Sign-up!!!

Rob, might be a good idea to post over on the main page as well. Just a thought.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rob p
So, 12 people, 12 months, 12 recipes? No one for 24? It wouldn't be that hard as long as people keep it simple. 1 meal item every other week.

As of today, here's the ones from the post. Feel free to confirm or chicken out. Just make a post, and I'll add up.

Get this straight. You need to provide 1 recipe. We can put them all in a thread. Everyone has a month to try it, and they have to leave a comment about it. It can't be expensive or complicated. Start thinking about one of your absolute most favorite things to make and hold on tight.

.257wby
freemont
Bob B257
BYC
Miss Lynn
Medicman
RAS2
Mannlicher
TNrifleman
Rob P
?????????
?????????

Let's leave it up a few days and see what happens. First come first served.

Umm.... I only asked to be judge/taste tester. Sorry for the confussion. My relative works at Case so I'll see about that knife for ya from the campfire thread.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
257wby
freemont
Bob B257
BYC
Miss Lynn
Medicman
Mannlicher
TNrifleman
Rob P
Duck911
????????
????????

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take RSA2's spot

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by duxndogs
I'll take RSA2's spot

Excellent ! smile

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm looking forward to following this. Sounds interesting. Is this going to proceed on this forum openly, I hope?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm looking forward to following this. Sounds interesting. Is this going to proceed on this forum openly, I hope?

Why not join ?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can throw in a clam chowder dish that will make your cardiologist freak.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Why not join ?
Thanks for the invite, but I wouldn't enjoy it, I don't think. When I cook, I cook what sounds like something I'd like to eat. Not sure I want to commit myself to cooking a list of dishes that someone else likes. I will enjoy it as a spectator, though. For example, I never miss an episode of Top Chef.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a fat azz (I'll leave that open to interpretation), does that get me in?

This won't take the place of the fly swap, will it?

Are prizes awarded as to who gains the most weight in a month? smile

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=MissTreated]I have a fat azz (I'll leave that open to interpretation), does that get me in?

With all due respect,ma'am,that is what's known in some circles as juicy. Also as "a lotta junk in her trunk".

Would love to see your participation.Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
257wby $$$
freemont $$$
Bob B257 $$$
BYC $$$
Miss Lynn $$$
Medicman $$$
Mannlicher $$$
TNrifleman
Rob P $$$
Duck911 $$$
duxndogs $$$
MissTreated $$$

That's 12. I will now p.m. everyone to verify commitment. Remain in a holding pattern.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hello. The little cooking project is at 12. I'm going down the list to make sure all 12 are still good. Could you drop me a PM and verify. Thank you. Rob Puckett

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MissTreated
I have a fat azz (I'll leave that open to interpretation), does that get me in?

Are prizes awarded as to who gains the most weight in a month? smile

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Linked Image] Miss Treated is in !!!! [Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MissTreated

[Linked Image]

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Miss L. A fly swap is when a bunch of fly tiers send a bunch of their favorite fly pattern to an "organizer". They pack one of each participant in a box and send them back to everyone. Then we try to catch fish where we are on all their flys. It's cool because I have flys that have caught fish in Alaska! I may never set foot there, but my flys have pinched fish there. I organized one 2 years ago. It was great fun.

Miss T: I missed your fly swap this past year. It came and went before I knew it was happening. Let me know if you are going to run it again. My friend Rick got the biggest kick out of the flys. We had major flooding this past Spring and the hatcheries all washed out. There was no trout fishing this year. We're hoping for good weather next Spring and a good trout season.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rob p
Miss L. A fly swap is when a bunch of fly tiers send a bunch of their favorite fly pattern to an "organizer". They pack one of each participant in a box and send them back to everyone. Then we try to catch fish where we are on all their flys. It's cool because I have flys that have caught fish in Alaska! I may never set foot there, but my flys have pinched fish there. I organized one 2 years ago. It was great fun.

That sounds so cool. I stopped at a store in Gonzales, LA earlier this evening, and had time to admire the flies and some of the fly tying materials, some of them were absolutely beautiful. Oh, to have the talent to do it, takes a special kind of "artist" to tie flies. A talent I am pretty sure I don't have.

Lynn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
[quote=MissTreated]I have a fat azz (I'll leave that open to interpretation), does that get me in?

With all due respect,ma'am,that is what's known in some circles as juicy. Also as "a lotta junk in her trunk".

Bob,
I think she was referring to that knucklehead of a husband of hers... grin

An honest man's pillow, is his peace of mind... JM
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lynn
You should see the fly Riley tied for his girlfriend for Christmas. I turned a walnut shadowbox to hold it and he mounted it on bugle beads inside. Not terribly big as display flies go, perhaps 2" long, and had no less than a dozen very expensive feathers in one fly... Lots of metallic blues, greens, and purple, and white, and black.

Some of the fairly ordinary feathers run better the $5 each...

Riley won both state competitions last year at 16. A number of those entered have been tying for several multiples of his age. And there were some very good entries in both... He smoked me...

Most of the best fly tyers happen to be women...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DPhillips
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

Bob,
I think she was referring to that knucklehead of a husband of hers... grin

Dave
Call that knucklehead... He made smoke yesterday...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,609
Posts18,511,675
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.