Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Soulfly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone got any experence with this call? Seem to be a nice call with alot of sounds for the money.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
never heard of that model, but i'm sure that if you set up well and use it, it'll produce coyotes...
i have witnessed them responding to a squeaky truck door....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of info on it here.
http://www.predatormastersforums.co...=showflat&Number=1732235#Post1732235
I had one and after using it 2x the speakers started to distort badly through every call I was using on my coyote hunts.
I sent it back to Midwayusa & got a refund. I was very unsatisfied with it when that happened.
It was a fair caller, the blue backlite is WAY to bright at nite or early morning, needs to be orange or red so it dont glare, it could lite up the ground and thats bad when using it in the dark.
The remote worked at about 400yds, I tested the remote out a gully over from where I had it set up. I could not hear it at all on max volume that far though, but when I got 60 yds from it I could hear it was on. This was open/clear ground from that point also.
At 80yds on max vol I could barely hear it also.
Others said they could hear it fine at 100 & I must be deaf...LOL.
I have a foxpro fury now that at 150yds I can hear it like its 60 yards from me...Cannot compare them as its no match.
Scrolling the remote is fair & simple enough, nothing to write home about, you can control both speakers, mute, volume and scroll the 100 sounds. The remote uses a nokia cell phone style battery that locally sells for $40, online at PM a sponser sells it for $4.99 though.
I liked the remote docking feature and that it charges both the base & remote batteries & you always know where the remote is (if you dock it).
The strap is NOISEY since they use metal rings and metal connectors...man it clanks when you walk!
Of course you wont use a lot of the sounds predator calling.
Bottom line IMO its OK, good price, lots of sounds, fold out built in stand, but I wont own another one myself.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I had one for a day and got talked out of it by a buddy with a need for a good caller. They are very good for the money. Sounds are well recorded (by Wildlife Technologies I am told) and clear when reproduced. The remote worked far beyond my need, noting that I live in pretty flat treeless country. They will definitely call coyotes. The only reason I decided to let it go was that it did not have greater volume than my present caller.

Things to note. The batteries are rechargeable but cheap. There is no way to add sounds or speakers. The split rings for the carry strap are loud. The advertised rubberized coating isn't. If you listen closely, (with your ear 2 feet or less from the speakers) you can hear a gentle pop when muting/unmuting the call.

In the end, I believe it's a really good call for a guy starting out with e-callers, on a budget or whose ego doesn't demand a FoxPro or Mighty Atom. Time will tell regarding durability, of course. For the money (under $150), it's a steal if it proves to be durable enough for typical handling.

Soulfly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for info fellas, I am what they call "frugal" or what my wife calls "cheap" so the price compared to foxpro was an eyecatcher. I did make my own e-caller but for $110-$120 bucks, I cant even build one that cheap. The wireless device alone cost close to $100 bucks and the sounds you get over the internet are not very good. It might be worth checking out at that price.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BullGoose
In the end, I believe it's a really good call for a guy starting out with e-callers, on a budget or whose ego doesn't demand a FoxPro or Mighty Atom. Time will tell regarding durability, of course. For the money (under $150), it's a steal if it proves to be durable enough for typical handling.

if i get over $100 dollars for a call, i'll probly go for the foxpro as a known quantity...
i have no doubt that other callers will work, and i have no problems with using them if they will...

i'm just too jealous of my hunting time to spend it experimenting...
a foxpro spitfire seems a good value, in that context....

a buddy in montana reports good luck with a primos pow'r-dog unit... he's like me and works more than he hunts, but he's single and has more money to play with....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was looking at the Echo, but opted for teh FoxPro Spitfire instead.

Just got it last night, and installed the batteries to play with it. I read all the reviews of the Spitfire, so I sorta knew what to expect with the pros/cons of the unit.

Maybe this weekend I'll get to try it out in the field...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
JohnW, your point is well made.

There is a fine line between priced low enough to be tempting and priced too low to trust. With a new product it would be very important to buy from a dealer that can be trusted to back their product.

Like you and your buddy, I work more than hunt. Truck driving allows about 4 days at home per month. Being single and keeping my adult type bills to a minimum, I enjoy experimenting with different products. Calls and callers are fun in that you can call coyotes (ducks and geese also) from out back of rest areas or rural truck stops.

I didn't mean to imply that FoxPro callers were a vanity purchase. I have a FoxPro Scorpion and love it. Simply that there is a dedicated group of brand name owners that would rather call with a rubber band stretched over a tin can than something without their favored brand on it. That is the type of ego I am referring to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the old JS rubber band call was a stone cold killer...

wonder if it's still made???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,015
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.