-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I sold a scope to a guy in MD who sent payment, cash, via USPS 1st Class in October that arrive in my mail box in December. I sent $$ to PA for a stock and got the letter back several weeks later in a plastic bag. It looked like somebody has spilled a cup of coffee on it, making the ink run.

I'm sure that there is a fraction of 1% "slippage" in the USPS system. The mail for you and me fell into the fraction of 1% that nobody wants to fall into.

A year of so ago, I sent $$ to CA for a 700 LVSF in 7mm-08 and the letter was "lost/stolen" out of a regional USPS sorting center and the MO cashed in a LA suburb. It took me weeks to get Wells Fargo to give me my $$ back.

Jeff

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I once had my tax return check show up FOUR years late.

This was quite a few years ago. I really needed the money and talk about a pain in the a$$ to get the gov't to cancel and re-issue another check.

So something like 4 1/2 years later I get my mail and open this envelope to see a refund check. Thinking what the heck?? Than looked at the date. Don't know where it was all those years, but somehow somewhere it turned up?

Life is just one damned thing after another
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Camerland deliveries are always FedEx Home Delivery to me.... confused

Me too

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Is your mail home delivery?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's odd, something not going right for you.....

Yet another entry for the "Take a Guess" post

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Steelhead and I go way back...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RDFinn: +1 on your observation regarding Steelhead.
He seldom if ever makes any sense or makes any pertinent or positive postings.
It makes one wonder if he is "all there" and why he is HERE?
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Talk about the pot and kettle...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

At least with SH we can wonder if he's all there!!! You on the otherhand, we know your GONE!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting observation. You must have forgot to hold into the wind for that one.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dogcatcher223: I NEVER use the United States Postal Service anymore for deliveries of goods to me or sending goods to others.
I had a run of "bad luck" back about 3-4 years ago and none of my losses were rectified!
I have a strong sense that the quality of the USPS is in decline and will quickly deteriorate even further in the future.
My close friends here locally (SW Montana) had a situation similar to yours befall them this spring.
They are art collectors and had a small but expensive ($800.00) item mailed to their p.o. box via USPS. It thankfully was insured for the full amount they paid for it.
The tracking led to the local post office but it became "lost" there!
The local postal folks gave them the runaround and delayed even taking the claim report for 11 days!
Then once the claim report was made they invoked the 30 MORE day rule to begin and then complete the process of "paying" the claim!!!
My friends were livid and offended by the attitude and runaround from the USPS folks local and at the other end.
So now HERE is the ironic/sad part - at the 52 day past delivery confirmation date they were notified to come down and collect their re-imbursement check!
They show up and instead of the check they are presented with their "package" - which JUST HAPPENED to show up that very morning!
WHAT are the odds of that happening???
Here is what I/we think happened - someone at the post office took the package knowing it was of value ($800.00) and waited to see and assess the ensuing heat and paper work and then they would "know" what they "had" in the package!
Seeings it turned out to be a rather blase artsy fartsy item it got "put back" into the system just in time to avoid any real heat from postal inspector/detective types.
I won't relay my bad dealings with the post office some time back but I am now just as fervent as my neighbors in not using the USPS to be trusted for moving anything valuable.
And that is a damned shame!
I hope your scope shows up soon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I help USPS make the 99% but a whole lot depends on the local folks which in my case are pretty good people.

I ALWAYS USPS priority and only once (out of probably 200-300 opportunities) had them lose an envelope.

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Daveh
I guess I help USPS make the 99% but a whole lot depends on the local folks which in my case are pretty good people.

I ALWAYS USPS priority and only once (out of probably 200-300 opportunities) had them lose an envelope.

+1! I'll take the PO over UPS/Fed Ex any day of the week!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I use USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation for send $$, but use insured UPS for shipping most of the rest.

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Daveh

+1! I'll take the PO over UPS/Fed Ex any day of the week!
Me too!! It's the only to way to send and receive stuff in Alaska.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Ordered a rifle scope from Camera Land. Shipped USPS, and it shows it arrived at our post office Thursday at 9:32am. Nobody has seen it since, and they are giving me a ration of schit. We don't get home delivery, so they leave a slip in your box. Have not gotten a slip, and been there 4 times.

Talked to some broad again today that said they need the tracking info. I said "how is that going to help, it is in the building somewhere."

So, get the tracking info and call the post office. The dipschit on the phone said he didn't need the tracking info because it wouldn't help! I told him that the other lady told me I needed it. He said they don't have it, I said "then you gave it to the wrong person, because tracking shows you have had it since Thursday morning!"

So, had to file a claim with USPS by calling their national number, and they said they "would look into it" and call me in two days. WTF?

This is why I requested fedex home delivery, and camera land said no... whistle

The exact same thing happened to me. The PO found it today. Have faith. It's the holidays....

Travis

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Bettin you got azz kicked a lot back in school..............

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've Had Good Luck With The USPS Till Lately. I Sent WiiFowler A $600 M.O. Prioirty On The 12-07. It's Still A No Show. And They'll Offer No Help For 30 Days.On The Other Hand WiiFowler Been Nothing First Class.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
The worst part is, the post office finally said "yeah, we don't know where it is."

To which I replied "so now what?"

He said "I don't know."

Then I was able to check the tracking and see it was returned. i talked to him again, and he denied it was returned, until he gave in and checked the tracking.

USPS is bullschit for us rural folks. The counter is only open until 5pm. So even if you get a package, you cannot get it if you are a working man. You have to wait until the following Staurday, and they are only open 2 hrs.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hope All Works Out For You, Here In or Small Town. The P.O Is The Only Game in Town.But After Going A few Rounds With Them Over The Last Few Week's. I Can Understand Going Postal... Make You Want a Grap a Double Bit Ax And Run Down The Street..They Can Sure Piss You off.. Good Luck..

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 1,599 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,991
Posts18,520,194
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.