Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Hate to disagree, but in the Political Pantheon those mentioned are luminaries.

I don't and did not say Hussein is unbeatable just that he is unbeatable by the lady among others. Assume the lady does not run, which is a very good possibility, whom would you like to see as the nominee?

You're in denial but you are from the State of Denial (Calfornication) what could one expect.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/28/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

The simple fact remains, nominate the lady and re-elect Hussein.

There are those that claim fact where it's opinion and those that claim opinion where it's fact... either is wrong... anything else they say is marginalized on the 'base' of being wrong.

Kent

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Nowhere in the above do I see any of those luminaries endorsing the lady for the nomination. Rather the term, "Damning with faint praise" springs to mind.

The simple fact remains, nominate the lady and re-elect Hussein.

Notice how Spano always changes the rules of the game when he loses?
He went from: �who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.�
To:
�Nowhere in the above do I see any of those luminaries endorsing the lady for the nomination. Rather the term, "Damning with faint praise" springs to mind.�

Reread this very carefully:

Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana:
Q: So you think Sarah Palin could be elected? Do you think Sarah Palin�s electable?
A: �Oh, absolutely. I think it�s up to her to make the case to voters. I think we have several � and, by the way, I am biased towards governors and those that have run organizations and executives who�ve had to balance budgets, make tough choices.�
�But when I first ran for governor, Al, the establishment didn�t think I should run. There were folks � I write about it in the book � that didn�t think I should run. The money people got together and said, �Maybe you should get out of the race.� The voters get to decide that.�

Mike Pence, Congressman from Indiana:
�But with regards to Sarah Palin � she�s a force of nature. I just can�t help it � I just love her. I just think she�s got a bold and courageous voice for conservative values. She doesn�t apologize and I like her style.�

Faint praise�my ass!
Here�s more:

Dick Morris, Republican strategist and commentator:
�The person who is the vice-presidential nominee last time almost automatically has front-runner status if they did a good job, which she did. And I think that she was a fabulous candidate for vice president.�
�I think she�s fabulous. I think she�s wonderful.

Norman Podhoretz, former editor of Commentary Magazine:
�I hereby declare that I would rather be ruled by the Tea Party than by the Democratic Party, and I would rather have Sarah Palin sitting in the Oval Office than Barack Obama.�

Larry Kudlow, Conservative economist (via Twitter):
�Palin-led GOP revolt against Bernanke�s QE2 may pin his ears back and restrict his plan. Bernanke�s on the run. He�s under siege. Good.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I did read it again and the only near clearcut endorsement is from Dick Morris, a Democrat. I suspect many other Democrats would endorse her and even vote for her in the primaries. Her nomination would ensure BHO a second term.

That is FACT, not fiction or opinion.

I stand by all my previous statements.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Now it is �the only near clearcut endorsement�

I can�t win�you keep changing the rules.

My point was not about endorsements for someone who isn�t even running yet.

My whole point of this whole merry-go-round was/is that: �You may note that who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.� is a false statement.

When Bobby Jindal answered:
Q: So you think Sarah Palin could be elected? Do you think Sarah Palin�s electable?
A: �Oh, absolutely.

His statement is not FACT, it is not an endorsement, it is opinion of one of those who finds a lot more to Governor Palin then you do. Later it may well turn into an endorsement �

When you say: �Her nomination would ensure BHO a second term.
That is FACT, not fiction or opinion.�

Your statement is not FACT, it is opinion.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
[quote=BOWSINGER][quote=Spanokopitas]
Mike Pence, Congressman from Indiana:
�But with regards to Sarah Palin � she�s a force of nature. I just can�t help it � I just love her. \

Yes a force of Nature! Much like a backed up sewer, full of shi%

Bowsinger, you spend too much time trying to find a reason to like the lady!

Last edited by northwestalaska; 12/28/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bowsinger you've hit Spanokopitas right between the front pockets with an inconvenient truth as they say. But don't worry he'll continue to spin it. It's the Mexfornia way!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Has Spanokopitas been "refudiated"? grin

Maybe not, but consider these source(s).
Doubting Sarah

Charles Krauthammer, columnist, Dec. 14:

"[S]he is not practiced in policy. The Katie Couric interview that she originally had was not, you know, a gotcha interview. They were fairly simple questions that she had trouble answering. I think that damaged her in the eyes of even non-ideological people.

Now, I would have hoped that she would spend the next years sort of getting really deep into policy and becoming an expert the way a lot of other candidates have done as they mature and approach the presidency. She hasn't."

Barbara Bush, former first lady, Nov. 29:

"I sat next to her once. Thought she was beautiful," the former first lady tells the CNN host. "And she's very happy in Alaska. And I hope she'll stay there."

David Frum, former Bush speechwriter, Nov. 23:

Imagine you�re at the circus. On the ground is a poodle performing a stunt. Above the clown�s head, dangling from a thin wire, is a piano. The piano is teetering, tottering, looking as if at any moment it might slip, crash to earth, and crush the dog. Impossible not to watch, right? And that�s the Palin show, only this time with the party of Lincoln as the little dog, and Sarah Palin as the piano.

Karl Rove, former Bush aide, Oct. 27:

�With all due candour, appearing on your own reality show on the Discovery Channel, I am not certain how that fits in the American calculus of 'that helps me see you in the Oval Office'" ...

�Being the vice-presidential nominee on the ticket is different from saying 'I want to be the person at the top of the ticket�. �There are high standards that the American people have for it [the presidency] and they require a certain level of gravitas, and they want to look at the candidate and say 'that candidate is doing things that gives me confidence that they are up to the most demanding job in the world�.�

Ann Coulter, columnist, April 21 (in response to the question of whether Palin should run in 2012):

"I do love her, but I think I prefer her doing what she's doing now, at which she's spectacular. She's making a lot of money and she's having a great life. She has - she's giving all this energy to the base of the Republican Party - the Conservative Movement."

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Squidge

Ann Coulter, columnist, April 21

Ever try thinking for yourself man?

Do you always form your opinions (like that Spanky dude does) by what you read or by what you actually see?

Perhaps you should take a careful look at Sarah Palin and make your OWN assessment of her rather than having it spoon fed to you by others?

Ya' know?

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
O! Them polls! They�d comes and goes!

Washington (CNN) � As the start of the next presidential campaign nears, a new national poll suggests that President Barack Obama's tax-cut compromise with congressional Republicans did not hurt his standing among Democrats, while former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may be dropping in the eyes of Republicans.
[�]
In the battle for the GOP presidential nomination, the survey suggests Palin may have some work to do if she throws her hat in the ring. Only 49 percent of Republicans say that they are likely to support Sen. John McCain's running mate in 2008 for the Republican nomination in 2012.
"That's a huge 18-point drop since December of 2008, when two-thirds of GOPers said they were likely to support Palin. It also puts her well behind potential rivals Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney, and a bit behind Newt Gingrich as well," adds Holland.
Two-thirds of Republicans questioned say they would likely support Huckabee as their nominee in 2012. The former Arkansas governor and 2008 GOP presidential candidate is considering another bid for the White House. So is another candidate from the last election, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Fifty-nine percent of Republicans say they would likely support Romney. That number drops to 54 percent for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, who is also contemplating a run for the White House.
The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted December 17-19, with 1,008 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

1,008 Adult Americans, huh?
How many �Republicans?�
How many registered voters?

This poll reminds me of the big Presidential election in 2008 between the two big poll leaders; Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani�

And in 1980, when Reagan was down 25 points to Jimmy Carter�prolly should�ve dropped out then and there�

I thought the only poll that mattered was back on Nov. 2?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My own assessment is that nominating Palin is risky, like it or not to date she does NOT have the support of independents and moderates to beat BO in a national election. That is the consensus among a variety of different polling and the spread in that polling has been getting larger rather than smaller lately. Granted Palin has another year to work on it but could she actually pull it off? Her polling trends suggests otherwise. IMO the odds are long on her doing it. I do wish Palin well should she decide to run but I see her as the one candidate like no other that could give BO a second term. Is that what some of you really want?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Here�s more:
Michele Bachmann, Congresswoman from Minnesota said Governor Palin is �a woman of extraordinary fortitude.�

Nikki Haley, Governor-elect of South Carolina:
�Gov. Palin has been fabulous at getting people to understand the power of their voice�
�She gave us the push we needed at the time.�

Sean Parnell, Governor of Alaska:
�She�s accomplished more in these two and a half years than most governors accomplish in one or two terms�
�Our governor [Palin] has been a great governor. She is going to be Alaska�s and is Alaska�s greatest gift to our country.�

Marco Rubio, Senator-elect from Florida:
�I can�t think of anything her and I disagree with off the top of my head.�

Rudy Giuliani, former New York City Mayor:
�She�s got a hell of a lot more qualifications than Barack Obama had when he ran for President.�

Karl Rove, Republican strategist and commentator:
�If she�s thinking about running, she�s doing the smart thing�

John McCain, Arizona Senator and former running mate from the 2008 election:
I remember that a guy named Ronald Reagan used to be viewed by some as divisive.�
�I think she�s doing a great job,� he said of his vice-presidential running mate for the 2008 campaign. �She�s motivated our base. I think she had a positive impact on the last election and I�m proud of her.�

Mike Huckabee:
"No question, she will be a very, very strong presence and force, if she gets in�You know, she may run away with it. And that's one of those things everyone needs to be prepared for�Still, Huckabee jokingly added, "If I get in, I prefer she not and that she endorse me."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Squidge, Please read my post about the polls that I posted just before yours and get back to me/us.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Yet again the Palinites can put forward no one of any substance who has come out endorsing the lady. All of the above praise her, as I do, yet none say they would support her for President.

It is obvious that the "Paulites" have morphed into the "Palinites" and now these Zealots will follow their new Chimera into the volcano of disaster.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Bowsinger:

Its great that you have found all of these chearleaders that support Palin. Lets keep in mind that this 2010 and there is no real race for about 8 months or so. None of the statding GOP favorites will risk any negative coments about anyone let alone Palin. She is a media darling and she is doing a great job placing herself out there for all to admire.

Fast foward to Nov. 2011.

Will Palin leave the lime light that she now enjoys to enter the sludge pit of a primary run where lots of folks will be taking shots at here? No she won't.

Will Palin leave the confort of the big money sidelines? No she won't.

Will Palin dive into a primary where she will have to actually have to develop some policy rather than just reaching into the sound bite bag for another cute talking point? No she won't.

Palin has found her nich and she is good at it. Why risk what she has?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Scared, aren't ya? grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Squidge

Ann Coulter, columnist, April 21

Ever try thinking for yourself man?

Do you always form your opinions (like that Spanky dude does) by what you read or by what you actually see?

Perhaps you should take a careful look at Sarah Palin and make your OWN assessment of her rather than having it spoon fed to you by others?
Ya' know?

Let's see - Spano gave you his own opinion without sources and you spat on him. Now Squidge gives you a long list of Republican political figures that span the GOP, but you complain that he does not give you his own opinion. Where is the logic in that?

Hint - could it be that these quotes, all supporting the same point of view, do express his own opinion?

Maybe he means to say that it is not a good idea to nominate for president an ex-beauty queen who resigned from a governorship because she was not able to take the pressure of governing one of the least populated states in the USA, whose best speeches are on Twitter, and who is making about as many goofs as Dan Quail when she is in the public eye?

But I think I see your point about getting her on the election trail: every time she gets up on a speaking platform we get a look at her legs:-)

Michel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Bowsinger:

Its great that you have found all of these chearleaders that support Palin. Lets keep in mind that this 2010 and there is no real race for about 8 months or so. None of the statding GOP favorites will risk any negative coments about anyone let alone Palin. She is a media darling and she is doing a great job placing herself out there for all to admire.

Fast foward to Nov. 2011.

Will Palin leave the lime light that she now enjoys to enter the sludge pit of a primary run where lots of folks will be taking shots at here? No she won't.

Will Palin leave the confort of the big money sidelines? No she won't.

Will Palin dive into a primary where she will have to actually have to develop some policy rather than just reaching into the sound bite bag for another cute talking point? No she won't.

Palin has found her nich and she is good at it. Why risk what she has?

Say don't you have a sewer to play in?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Who can beat Obama without the Tea Party?

The question is who can win with only the Tea Party? She doesn't have any measurable support among moderates and independents. They were the deciding factor in the last election and will be again in future ones.

I realize the fantasy of Palin the savior dazzles some here, but reality trumps fantasy every time.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Who can beat Obama without the Tea Party?

With a strongly disapprove at 39% right now, before he does more stupid stuff, almost anybody.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,868
Posts18,517,974
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.