Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
She may be further ahead not running for President and continuing to do other endeavors. Yes, I watch her show from time to time. Who doesn't like watching a decent looking women shoot guns with the beautiful back drop of Alaska. Beats watching the Biggest slob or the Un-amazing Race or a Presidential speech.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Who can beat Obama without the Tea Party?

With a strongly disapprove at 39% right now, before he does more stupid stuff, almost anybody.

This is EXACTLY what all the T-Baggers were spouting about Sharon Angle...remember? Harry is still Majority Leader, by the way, just as I said he would be. sick frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

With a strongly disapprove at 39% right now, before he does more stupid stuff, almost anybody.

This is EXACTLY what all the T-Baggers were spouting about Sharon Angle...remember? Harry is still Majority Leader, by the way, just as I said he would be. sick frown

It's tough to overcome stupidity!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I did read it again and the only near clearcut endorsement is from Dick Morris, a Democrat. I suspect many other Democrats would endorse her and even vote for her in the primaries. Her nomination would ensure BHO a second term.

That is FACT, not fiction or opinion.

I stand by all my previous statements.

Dick Morris hasn't been a democrat for years; get with the program.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Squidge
My own assessment is that nominating Palin is risky, like it or not to date she does NOT have the support of independents and moderates to beat BO in a national election. That is the consensus among a variety of different polling and the spread in that polling has been getting larger rather than smaller lately. Granted Palin has another year to work on it but could she actually pull it off? Her polling trends suggests otherwise. IMO the odds are long on her doing it. I do wish Palin well should she decide to run but I see her as the one candidate like no other that could give BO a second term. Is that what some of you really want?

Odd that if she doesn't have the support of independents and moderates she sure got a lot of them to vote for candidates she endorsed, both in primaries and general elections. Had to read a book for a college statistics class titled "How to Lie with Statistics". Quite appropriate for many of the various polls.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Nowhere in the above do I see any of those luminaries endorsing the lady for the nomination. Rather the term, "Damning with faint praise" springs to mind.

The simple fact remains, nominate the lady and re-elect Hussein.

Don't know of any regular folks (i.e. voters) who give a chit what the [bleep] luminaries think! We have had it with those idiots.

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Squidge, Please read my post about the polls that I posted just before yours and get back to me/us.

I remember reading your posts regarding "the polls" and Christine O'Donnell, you were way off the mark on that one too. frown

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

T Baggers, huh? Wow! Never figured you that way.

Is that slimey criminal Reed running for President? Will the race be decided in Las Vegas, or even Nevada? Is Angle the candidate being discussed? Somehow I don't see much connection, except that maybe you threw in the towel before the race was over.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by arctic338

I did read it again and the only near clearcut endorsement is from Dick Morris, a Democrat. I suspect many other Democrats would endorse her and even vote for her in the primaries. Her nomination would ensure BHO a second term.

All I know is that Dick Morris claims to (still) be a Democrat. Can you show me where he claims to be a Republican? If so I will gladly accept it.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Nowhere in the above do I see any of those luminaries endorsing the lady for the nomination. Rather the term, "Damning with faint praise" springs to mind.

The simple fact remains, nominate the lady and re-elect Hussein.

Don't know of any regular folks (i.e. voters) who give a chit what the [bleep] luminaries think! We have had it with those idiots.

Those "luminaries" you belittle were put forward as endorsers of Palin. Like it or not those luminaries are a lot more influential than you and I will ever be.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

All I know is that Dick Morris claims to (still) be a Democrat. Can you show me where he claims to be a Republican? If so I will gladly accept it.

I would like to know your source for Morris claiming to still be a Democrat.
My look-up produced no statements of Registered anything.
But my look-ups often do not produce anything.

The way Morris has always worked both sides�I doubt that he can afford to join either party officially.

Unofficially is a whole different ball game.

In 1994 he worked for both Bill Clinton and Trent Lott. Several other Repubs since.
And Bill Clinton has said, in effect, that Morris is a slime ball, but he is my slime ball and I need him.
I think it is fair to characterize Morris as more anti-Clinton than anti-Democrat after their big break-up. He hates Hillary�s guts!

But after Obama; it has been all anti-Liberal and pro-Tea Party.
What he also said during his speechifying this past year in that he is born again republican because he hates Hilary and Hussein. And a born-again Christian.

7/16/2010 By Leslie Jorgensen THE COLORADO STATESMAN
Calling himself a former Democrat and atheist, political consultant and author Dick Morris told several hundred conservatives there�s salvation for America�s economic crisis � elect hard core Republicans to regain control of the U.S. Senate and House.
[�]
During the 1996 National Democratic Convention in Chicago, a supermarket tabloid story alleged Morris had had an affair with a call girl. He denied the assertion, but promptly resigned as a political advisor on President Bill Clinton�s re-election campaign.
�I was baptized as a Christian in 1997,� Morris told the breakfast crowd in the Denver Marriott South�s Park Ridge ballroom. �So when people say you switched parties, I say under my breath, you don�t know the half of it.�

Morris worked hard for the Tea Party and I�m sure made a lot of money doing so this past election.
And he claims a lot of credit for the victory just as he did during the Clinton years:

�In the races where I was directly involved with the candidates and campaigns, we won the following 28 Congressional races, all takeaways from the Democrats: (asterisk denotes districts where I personally campaigned)
Nan Hayworth, New York*
Tom Marino, Pennsylvania*
Lou Barletta, Pennsylvania
Mike Fitzpatrick, Pennsylvania
Robert Hurt, Virginia*
Scott Rigell, Virginia*
Morgan Griffith, Virginia
Mike Keown, Georgia
Austin Scott, Georgia
Sandy Adams, Florida*
Dan Webster, Florida*
David Rivera, Florida*
Steve Palazzo, Mississippi*
Alan Nunnelee, Mississippi*
Tim Griffin, Arkansas*
Rick Crawford, Arkansas*
Francisco Canseco, Texas
Steve Pearce, New Mexico*
David Harmer, California*
Scott Tipton, Colorado*
Cory Gardiner, Colorado*
Randy Hultgren, Illinois*
Todd Young, Indiana*
Sean Duffy, Wisconsin*
Jim Renacci, Ohio
Bob Gibbs, Ohio*
Bill Johnson, Ohio*

We lost a few, too: Sam Caligiari, CT, Dan Dibecella, CT, John Gomez, NY, Frank Becker, NY, Tim Burns, Pa, Beth Anne Rankin, Arkansas, Ryan Frazier, Colorado, Tom Ganley, Ohio, and Brad Zaun, Iowa.
Each of these men and women has a special place in my heart. They worked their tails off and deserved to win!
In addition, I also advised Super PAC (superpacusa.com) on its independent expenditures in 23 other districts. In these, I had no personal contact with the candidate or the campaigns, but through Super PAC and your generosity, we produced and ran television ads and/or made robo calls into these districts. We won eleven of these races. Without your help, we would not have been able to help elect these new House members:
Paul Gosar, Arizona
Ben Quayle, Arizona
David Schweikert, Arizona
Steve Sutherland, Florida
Raul Labrador, Idaho
Tim Walberg, Michigan
Chip Cravaack, Minnesota
Michael Grimm, NY
Richard Hanna, NY
Scott DesJarlis, Tenn
Reid Ribble, Wisconsin
That means there would, literally, be five to ten fewer House victories had you not helped our Super PAC efforts.
So, in all, we�ve been involved in 40 of the 65 House takeaways, either directly with the campaigns or independent of them.
Thank you for your wonderful, magnificent, ongoing help! Sorry we bugged you so often, but it was worth it. Wasn�t it?�
Dick

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Squidge, Please read my post about the polls that I posted just before yours and get back to me/us.

I remember reading your posts regarding "the polls" and Christine O'Donnell, you were way off the mark on that one too. frown

How does quoting a poll or polls that got it wrong make me or you off the mark?
Or, on the mark, if a poll gets it right?

I just said and still say the only poll that mattered was back on Nov. 2 and it was a big victory for both the Tea Party and Governor Palin.

They could not have done it without pulling in the moderate/independent voters.
And that they did do.

You Betcha, with landslide numbers and as I posted in my OP it is shaping up for bigger and better in 2012.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One "previous statements " you HAVN'T made - and this is the third time on this thread I've asked the question - who should we support , if not Sarah Darlin' ?

Who among the Republicans can beat Obama ? Remember , close don't count .

You claim we - the unwashed masses - will be handing the victory to Obama if we nominate Palin .

So ........ who can we nominate that can beat Obama ?

Pretty simple question , really .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

It's tough to overcome stupidity!

It sure is, and stupidity nominated the stupidest possible Senate candidate. shocked

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

T Baggers, huh? Wow! Never figured you that way.

Is that slimey criminal Reed running for President? Will the race be decided in Las Vegas, or even Nevada? Is Angle the candidate being discussed? Somehow I don't see much connection, except that maybe you threw in the towel before the race was over.

I just said it to see the neck hackle rise.

Actually, I went to the rallies and held up my signs, too, so I'm one of those "Tea Baggers". wink

I didn't throw in any towel; she was a lost cause from the start. We have lived with her nonsense for years and knew what we had as a candidate all along. She had a lot of negatives, as does Palin.

I deeply believe in what the Tea Party says, but I don't agree on certain of their backed candidates as potential winners.

That is my only point here. Palin would be GREAT....if she could win. I don't see it happening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since Spanky won't answer , I'll ask YOU ; If not Sarah Darlin' .... then who ?

I think Spanky and the rest of the "pros" who complain about Sarah are really just frustrated because they can't dream up an alternative . I don't think the GOP can nominate "generic republican" .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dog,

I don't see anyone rising to the top yet. Why the hll should there be already? The election isn't next month. wink

I really think this debate is moot...she is too dmned smart to want to be president. She's making too much $$ and would take a real hit in income. I also believe her family life is far too important to go on the campaign trail again.

I think we need to start looking seriously at alternatives who have plenty of positives. It just makes sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm one that thinks Sarah can't beat Obama .But neither can Huckabee or Gingrich .

I personally think Romney needs to do whatever it takes to redeem himself in the eyes of the Tea Party and he needs to do it quickly .

The longer all the rest of them wait , the more it makes Sarah the kingmaker .

And she might just decide to crown herself !

Don't get me wrong - I think she could handle the job as president [ like ol' Kinky said about being Governor ; "How hard can it be?" ] as well as any of the other likely ones .

One thing that scares me about all the pres. candidates of both parties that we have had in recent years is this :

None of them seem to doubt their ability to do the job . Any guy taking his first job as head coach in the NFL is gonna be apprehensive about his ability .

Not so with Pres. candidates . I think they all believe what Kinky said !grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With Romney's past he is a POS moderate you could never trust.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have said before and I will say again, I have not yet decided who to support. There is plenty of time before I will announce my candidate. Meanwhile I am researching the possibilities and I also have my best people working on it. If at all possible I will first announce my choice right here on the 'fire. Stand by.

As to Morris, I believe I heard him on Hannity state that he is a Democrat, there is no doubt he once was. He has always been a bit of a weasel so I wouldn't put it past him to be a turncoat. Another Arlen Spector or "Jumpin" Jim Jeffords?

www.paracay.com

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,860
Posts18,517,817
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.