-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like not much about him except his electability . I've always been one to vote my conscience [ Wallace and Perot ] and let the chips fall where they may .

This Obama is much to dangerous to allow ourselves the luxery of conscience when the price might be his re-election .

All of you pros espousing that there is no hurry to pick a candidate are WRONG !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570
One "previous statements " you HAVN'T made - and this is the third time on this thread I've asked the question - who should we support , if not Sarah Darlin' ?

Who among the Republicans can beat Obama ? Remember , close don't count .

You claim we - the unwashed masses - will be handing the victory to Obama if we nominate Palin .

So ........ who can we nominate that can beat Obama ?

Pretty simple question , really .

Pretty good question, really.

Yet to be answered by several on this thread�

Some names have been tossed about with little to back them up.
Maybe just a poll with their guy ahead of Palin by a few points and close to Obama.
Other polls differ and they all will change many times in the next two years.
Candidates will change. Some of the new faces looking good but they will have only about six months max in their new jobs before they would have to commit.
And good people like Rep. Paul Ryan will have their hands full for the next two years.

One poll that won�t change is the last election and if I had to give only one of my many reasons why I think Palin can beat Obama�it would be her support in the Tea Party.

I�m predicting that the Tea Party will hang tough and do well in the next two years.
And they will convince the moderate/independent voters that their vote in 2010 was not wasted.
Convince them to vote for the Tea Party presidential candidate and more Senators.
Then hang on for a real ride!

So ........ who can we nominate that can beat Obama ?

How �bout we let Sarah Darlin� answer that:

Here is what she told Chris Wallace awhile back:

"I do want competition to allow the cream of the crop to rise (in the GOP contests),"

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
With Romney's past he is a POS moderate you could never trust.

+100 If Romney gets it we will have a repeat of 2008.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Much to be tossed, turned, and ruminated upon, many entrails to be examined, many ti leaves to be read, many pipes to be smoked, before I decide The One.

You must understand this is not an easy decision, all I ask is that you give me time. Then all shall be well. Trust me.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the Republicans field a candidate who is truly fiscally conservative, truly believes in small government (and the requisite much smaller military footprint), and-here's the crucial part- stays away from the puritanical schoolmarm bullchit, they'll have a chance.

Otherwise they won't.

The hot-button sexual and moral issues are the kiss of death for conservatives. America doesn't want to be preached at.

Palin would be about the worst possible candidate. She's not believable as anything other than a social-issue crusader.

IMHO, and while nobody here will believe it, I really, really hope the Republicans field a worthy candidate who unseats Obama.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
amen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

IMHO, and while nobody here will believe it, I really, really hope the Republicans field a worthy candidate who unseats Obama.

Too late now you son-of-a-bitch...........you already cursed us by helping to put that Devil in the White House!!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

All the above is more reason for those of sensible political acumen to be wary, very wary, of nominating Mrs. Palin for president.

You may note that who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.

Nominate her and elect BHO, simple as that.

��as Presidential timber��Remember way back when Governor Palin warned that reducing Alaska�s early warning missile defenses capabilities was shortsighted with all that is going on in North Korea?

Remember when the Governor went to Hong Kong and warned about the collapse in the value of the dollar and spoke of the importance of gold?

And came back home and warned the rest of us about the dangers of the Federal Reserve�s second round of quantitative easing.?

Remember when Governor Palin opined that the best answer to the question of the West Bank settlements was to let the Israelis decide, a policy the administration is now following?

Remember how Palin was campaigning to develop our ONSHORE energy resources�years before the Gulf Oil Spill?

And this:

Remember Governor Palin being ridiculed by all those from Charles Krauthammer up to and including Obama for her �death panels� Obamacare rationing predictions?
Remember after that, when Congress removed the death panels they said were never there?
They�re back.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Jeff_O---A succinct summary of the problems facing the Conservative Movement today and into 2012. That is why selecting the nominee is of deadly importance.

If we send up an unelectable "Social" Conservative it will be disaster.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

All the above is more reason for those of sensible political acumen to be wary, very wary, of nominating Mrs. Palin for president.

You may note that who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.

Nominate her and elect BHO, simple as that.

��as Presidential timber��Remember way back when Governor Palin warned that reducing Alaska�s early warning missile defenses capabilities was shortsighted with all that is going on in North Korea?

Remember when the Governor went to Hong Kong and warned about the collapse in the value of the dollar and spoke of the importance of gold?

And came back home and warned the rest of us about the dangers of the Federal Reserve�s second round of quantitative easing.?

Remember when Governor Palin opined that the best answer to the question of the West Bank settlements was to let the Israelis decide, a policy the administration is now following?

Remember how Palin was campaigning to develop our ONSHORE energy resources�years before the Gulf Oil Spill?

And this:

Remember Governor Palin being ridiculed by all those from Charles Krauthammer up to and including Obama for her �death panels� Obamacare rationing predictions?
Remember after that, when Congress removed the death panels they said were never there?
They�re back.

These positions are very easy to posit if you are a private citizen, fresh from a half term as the Governor of a very small state. But then she is a "reality" TV celebrity and a great fund raiser for Conservatives and Conservative causes. She will continue to be a very effective tool if handled adroitly.

May she continue to prosper.

www.paracay.com

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Thus speakest Spanokopitas the Magnificent!

Spano, you are right. Hell, anybody could have written that crap. Even Palin!

�These positions are very easy to posit if you are a private citizen,�

Actually, that was the stupidest statement posted so far on this long thread.

Posted by Spano, whom I believe to be one of the most clever writers on Campfire.

Nobody could be as condescending and patronizing as he would have us to believe.

�Meanwhile I am researching the possibilities and I also have my best people working on it. If at all possible I will first announce my choice right here on the 'fire. Stand by.�

Nobody could be this pompous. Nobody.

�You may note that who she appeals to (as Presidential timber) are of little intellect and small in number.�

Nobody could be this disdainful and contemptuous of those who do not agree with his Omniscient Proclamations.

�Reliable sources tell me that Governor Palin is definitely in the race for the Republican nomination. She will announce her decision "soon.

Remember you read it here first.---Spanokopitas
Notice that I am first here and quit possibly the first nationwide to break this important news, or does Drudge have it up? Haven't checked him this morning.

Disaster awaits.
Her nomination would ensure BHO a second term.
That is FACT, not fiction or opinion.�

Spano, you overplayed your hand when you posted:

�At this juncture polls mean little or nothing. For instance my people tell me she would lose in a landslide to BHO.
That would be disaster for this nascent Conservative resurgence.
Disaster awaits.�

And I posted:

�I wanted my people-my staff to look into more polls about Palin�
But she told me that the only poll that counts was the last election and she is going Xmas shopping now and I would have to do my own research.
She also told me I could fix my own damn supper tonight.�

Then you blew it with:

�Tonight we are having goat shanks simmered in Marsala served with Chantrelles, polenta, and bok choy. Also on the menu is fresh baked focaccio and a bottle of Italian wine. Dessert will be Biscotti and fruit. And, no, you are not invited.�

That night after I finished my can of SteaknShake chili and popped my second can of beer�it came to me.

It is time�you have a class act, but it is over. You have been outed.
You have been a convenient backboard for us Palin Patriots for rebounds and you have done more than your fair share to keep threads like this one alive.

But it too easy for you. All you have to do, is keyboard a couple of lines and sit back and watch the fun.

It is time to let folks know (those who haven�t already figured this out long before me).
What is going on here.

Spano is one hell of a writer!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmmm ... Maybe it wasn't Lee24 who invented Gus ,after all .Maybe it was Spano !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
dog,

I don't see anyone rising to the top yet. Why the h@ll should there be already?

LOL right now Sarah is the top darlin but just sit there drooling about all those moderate neverbees.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I appreciate accolades even from those of limited political savvy. Thank you.---Spano.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Hmmmmm ... Maybe it wasn't Lee24 who invented Gus ,after all .Maybe it was Spano !

I neither confirm or deny.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by luv2safari
dog,

I don't see anyone rising to the top yet. Why the h@ll should there be already?

LOL right now Sarah is the top darlin but just sit there drooling about all those moderate neverbees.

I didn't think your reading comprehension was above the 10th percentile; now I know.

Where did I ever suggest I was for a moderate? You are getting so confused. laugh

wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Please�all you guys who have been poking about Campfire longer than me�tell me that I�m not wrong about this. Please!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You're wrong.

deal widdit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got seniority - and Bowsinger be right .I ain't too sure what he wants to be right about , but since it's him and Spanky , Bowsinger got to be right .

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

You got that wrong Bristoe is correct.

www.paracay.com

Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,885
Posts18,518,254
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.