Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Not disagreeing with your assessment at all about China and the debt and deficit, but how do the numbers play out in terms of percentages against the GNP or other yardsticks?

I do disagree however that the new crop of politicians do not have these issues on their plate.
This weekend, several were talking on FOX about all that being a big item after they are sworn in this month.

I know you don�t agree with how Paul Ryan has sometimes voted in the past, but what do you think about the specifics in his Roadmap?

He and Palin have both been very specific about taxing and spending, printing press inflation, and redistributive economics.

Important first steps, but I�m not expecting too much until 2013...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570
'preciate the heads up but I decided before he ever went on Fox that - while Beck ranks up there pretty high -

You speak much too knowledgably about the propagandists on TV to not be influenced by them.

The fourth estate is dead.

,..deal widdit.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I know you don�t agree with how Paul Ryan has sometimes voted in the past, but what do you think about the specifics in his Roadmap?

His roadmap would be much easier to implement if he hadn't participated in the theft of 700 billion dollars of the nation's wealth.

I don't put much stock in the words of thieves.

I look at their deeds.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He and Palin have both been very specific about taxing and spending, printing press inflation, and redistributive economics.

No,..they haven't.

Exactly how much will be cut, exactly from where, and exactly when.

That's how you speak in specifics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fourth estate dead ? No way . You ain't as old as me and I still enjoy WATCHING the latest set of jiggly titties reading the news , and Fox has the market cornered on that deal !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe

,.....just a buncha partisan mean mouthing so all of those knotheads would stand up and holler.

Yeah Bristoe, Sarah's just one of those ol' "mean mouther's I guess.......

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Posted on January 03 2011 by: Ian Lazaran

The most interesting piece of news from today�s RNC debate is the general consensus from even people who are anti-Steele that Michael Steele appears to have won the debate. That shouldn�t be a surprise considering how well the debate format fits Steele.

The other piece of news from the debate is that each RNC candidate stated that Governor Palin can obviously win a general election campaign against Obama. All five of the candidates for the RNC Chair position have a lot of political experience in campaigns and the fact that all five of them made such a concession should carry a lot of weight. I think each candidate for the RNC Chair knows a little bit more about politics than people who have not run for office and done nothing but write op-eds for the past twenty years.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, Really , could any of them say "no" and expect to get the job ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Prolly not.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

They would have said the same thing about any other candidate, viable or not.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

However there may well be enough knotheads to get BHO reelected if Conservatives continue to waste time and treasure pimping for Perky.

Is this the "Perky" you're referring to?

You [bleep] dipschit!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Your too much!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

There are certain people here of limited political acumen who continue to pimp some half term governor of a diminuative state for President.

If I were a Democrat I would be in full agreement.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

No,..they haven't.

Exactly how much will be cut, exactly from where, and exactly when.

That's how you speak in specifics.

Yes, they have.

Exactly how much will be cut�is not the way it works.
You have to develop a plan what will work no matter what the dollars are.

No one could name the exact amount before a bill has worked its way though all the committees in both houses and has been signed into law.

The better way and the way it worked in �94 is a plan that will solve the problem no matter what the specifics are.

A law requiring a balanced budget would work no matter what the amounts.
Pay as you go no matter what.

Uncle Newt�s balanced budget came in three years before they had any hope of it doing so. Clinton couldn�t wait to sign that bill and take credit for it.
Prespecified amounts and timetables would not have worked as well.

Prespecified where and when must have some flexibility and be defined in fairly broad terms because no one knows for sure what future conditions and requirements will be.

You are exactly right that the big three federal budget busters are Defense, Social Security, and Medicare/Medicaid.
Work out the goals first and require by law that the specifics follow.
Uncle Newt proved it can be done.

I posted Palin�s specifics back on page six of this thread.
She is supporting the best plan out there at this time and leaving room for improvement�for flexibility.
Your crack: �She just says she'll do whatever Paul Ryan says to do.� was a cheap shot.

And Paul Ryan and all those who voted the same way were doing what seemed the best at that time. They may have been wrong, but they were not trying to steal but to stop a disaster�a worldwide depression. Another cheap shot.

Here is that post again.
The numbers are there.
It would be impossible in the real world to be any more specific then this:

I�m still agreeing with what Sarah said in her Op-Ed at the Wall Street Journal:

��In my view, a better plan is the Roadmap for America�s Future produced by Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wisc.). The Roadmap offers a reliable path to long-term solvency for our entitlement programs, and it does so by encouraging personal responsibility and independence.

On health care, it would replace ObamaCare with a new system in which people are given greater control over their own health-care spending. It achieves this partly through creating medical savings accounts and a new health-care tax credit�the only tax credit that would be left in a radically simplified new income tax system that people can opt into if they wish.

The Roadmap would also replace our high and anticompetitive corporate income tax with a business consumption tax of just 8.5%. The overall tax burden would be limited to 19% of GDP (compared to 21% under the deficit commission�s proposals). Beyond that, Rep. Ryan proposes fundamental reform of Medicare for those under 55 by turning the current benefit into a voucher with which people can purchase their own care.

On Social Security, as with Medicare, the Roadmap honors our commitments to those who are already receiving benefits by guaranteeing all existing rights to people over the age of 55. Those below that age are offered a choice: They can remain in the traditional government-run system or direct a portion of their payroll taxes to personal accounts, owned by them, managed by the Social Security Administration and guaranteed by the federal government. Under the Roadmap�s proposals, they can pass these savings onto their heirs. The current Medicaid system, the majority of which is paid for by the federal government but administered by the states, would be replaced by a block-grant system that would reward economizing states.

Together these reforms help to secure our entitlement programs for the 21st century. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the Roadmap would lead to lower deficits and a much lower federal debt. The CBO estimates that under current spending plans, our federal debt would rise to 87% of GDP by 2020, to 223% by 2040, and to 433% by 2060. Under Rep. Ryan�s Roadmap, the CBO estimates that debt would rise much more slowly, peaking at 99% in 2040 and then dropping back to 77% by 2060.
Put simply: Our country is on the path toward bankruptcy. We must turn around before it�s too late, and the Roadmap offers a clear plan for doing so. But it does more than just fend off disaster. CBO calculations show that the Roadmap would also help create a �much more favorable macroeconomic outlook� for the next half-century. The CBO estimates that under the Roadmap, by 2058 per-person GDP would be around 70% higher than the current trend.

Is Rep. Ryan�s Roadmap perfect? Of course not�no government plan ever is. But it�s the best plan on the table at a time when doing nothing is no longer an option.
Let�s not settle for the big-government status quo, which is what the president�s commission offers. We owe it to our children and grandchildren to make these tough decisions so that they might inherit a prosperous and strong America like the one we were given.� Governor Sarah Palin

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Bow---Are you on "Sweet Sarah's" payroll? Just asking.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Now that's a real intelligent remark!

But if you really want to know.............. why don't you put some of "your people on it"?

You knucklehead!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by nemesis

You knucklehead!

How long ya think you'll keep that New Year resolution?grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by nemesis

You knucklehead!

How long ya think you'll keep that New Year resolution?grin

I'm resolved to call em' like I see em'..............

Always have been!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

There are some around here whose only forms of debate are insult, profanity, and what flows from their middle finger.

They are of little consequence and best ignored.

www.paracay.com

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Not Yet.

Negotiations are at a standstill.

Palin�s people are claiming they are a small staff and underpaid.

That they can not expect any pay raises if they waste any of Sarah�s money on me wasting my time arguing with you and Bristoe.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.