Hop To
Page 7 of 40 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 39 40
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Foxbat,

I don't presume you are a moron, just because you have posted some dumb things today. They were so dumb even I won't bother refuting them.

Giffords is probably the most moderate of the Democrat Congressman in Arizona. If she is replaced, it WILL be by someone more liberal. She is the wife of an active duty service member. She is moderate for her District.

I NEVER thought I'd see the day when a Democratic Tucson congressman stuck up for the Second Amendment.

Sycamore

And all I pointed out initially was that the poster claiming she was conservative and pro life and pro gun was wrong according to her actual votes on the issues.

Being the wife of an active duty serviceman didn't stop her from voting to put queers in the military.

People are trying to make her a martyr that was against illegals and pro gun. Both are not truthful, she voted for the damn Dream Act. She was all over the map.

If she was pro gun how did she get "D" ratings from both the GOA and NRA?

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He obviously crazy as a loon, but the reality is, this opportunity will not be wasted by the left.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
It's pretty sad when they report that she is DEAD and then the surgeon gets up and says that she is alive, has one gunshot wound to the head and he is "optimistic" of her recovery. The Doc actually looked like he believed what he was saying so what a stretch that these jokers said she was dead and family had to hear that when, in fact, it wasn't true!!!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By TERRY TANG and AMANDA LEE MYERS, Associated Press Terry Tang And Amanda Lee Myers, Associated Press � 19 mins ago

TUCSON, Ariz. � Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store during a meeting with constituents, killing a 9-year-old boy and a federal judge and wounding several others in a rampage that rattled the nation.

Giffords was among at least 10 people wounded, and the hospital said her outlook was "optimistic" and that she was responding to commands from doctors. The hospital said a 9-year-old child was among the killed, and a U.S. Marshal said a federal judge was also fatally shot in the attack.

Giffords spokesman C.J. Karamargin said an unspecified number of her staff members were injured in the shooting. Congressional officials said an aide to the Democrat was killed, but few details were released about the staff members.

Police say the shooter was in custody, and was identified by people familiar with the investigation as Jared Loughner, 22. Pima County Sheriff's officials said he used a pistol to carry out the rampage. U.S. officials who provided his name to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release it publicly.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh good, the TSA is helping in the investigation....

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Unfortunately but predictably, this will be spun far beyond what it likely is, the random act of a deranged individual. Whether he is a right wing nut job or a left wing nut job, or whatever, his mental condition is the key factor, not his politics. The content of somebody's delusional system can be anything, political or otherwise. Think about John Hinkley's obsession with Jodie Foster.

Prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Honestly, I don't know why anyone is shocked. Do you not remember how mad people were at those townhall meetings for healthcare reform? I suspect that at some of those things, but for security goons, some of those congressmen would have been beaten up by a mob at the very least, people were so mad.

But this is just terrible all the way around for lots and lots of different reasons.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
AP has the 22 year old gunman identified as Jared Laughner.

POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fox News reported, also, that someone in the audience fired on the suspect.

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She seems like a decent person and an honest politician. This is a terrible thing on many levels, as she was doing what a good representative should be...meeting the people and listening to them.

On another level, this will only serve to further shrink our rights and give fodder to those who are hell-bent on controlling society, all the while rationalizing it by using incidents like this as prime examples of why they are right, and we need to be guided and controlled.

My thoughts are with the good lady, and I hope for the day we hear of her recovery. We also need to remember the fate of the injured and those who passed today.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by POC
Fox News reported, also, that someone in the audience fired on the suspect.

....In Arizona,....WTH else would you expect ?

Locally this is no clearer then it is Nationally,....the cracks about whether "Gabby" supported 1070 or not are both RUDE, Misdirected, and intrusive,....CHEAP SHOTS !.....at a time when we should ALL be praying for her recovery.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by NWPA

Yep, that's his name. You should check out his youtube page and his facebook page. The boy is more than half a bubble off of plumb.

www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Last edited by mike762; 01/08/11.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Enrique
WOW I was on facebook and "Texans for Arizona's New Immigration Law" posted a youtube clip the nut job posted. He has issues and is a nutbag!
Get a Rope!

Probably wouldn't even make the top 5 for Kook of the Year on here.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Never have Heller and McDonald been more important.

The craziness this lunacy will trigger will be staggering.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Live updates from Giffords press conference

* Story
* Comments

Live updates from Giffords press conference

Becky Pallack/Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:37 pm | Comments

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

University Medical Center is hosting a press conference for the official word on the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords and several of her supporters this morning.

Trauma surgeon Peter Rhee called the situation a catastrophe. He said UMC received 10 patients and one child who is dead. Five are in critical condition and five are in surgery, he said.

The congresswoman is in critical condition. Neurosurgeons have finished operating on her after she was shot through the head one time. Rhee is optimistic about her condition because she was able to follow commands.

Giffords will go into the intensive care unit.

Rhee did not release information about any of the other patients.

Mayor Bob Walkup called it a "grave tragedy" for Tucson, Arizona and the nation. He asked people to pray. He said those who died won't be forgotten.

The Tucson Police Department is supporting the Pima County Sheriff's Department investigation, Walkup said.

Walkup spoke to Giffords' father and told him his family has Tucson's prayers, he said. Giffords' father was overcome with emotion, said Walkup, tearfully.

TPD Chief Roberto Villase�or said TPD has secured the offices and residences of Giffords and other federal officials as a precaution, although there was no information of a threat.

University of Arizona president Robert Shelton said he sends his thoughts and prayers to the families. He acknowledged the good work of law enforcement and medical professionals.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by mike762
Originally Posted by NWPA

Yep, that's his name. You should check out his youtube page and his facebook page. The boy is more than half a bubble off of plumb.

www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Just looked at the youtube stuff,....sounds very disjointed,...clinically schizo kinda stuff.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
He owns nunchucks also.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounded a little like Hawkeye or similar

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mike762

That dude is wacked out of his skull.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It would appear so.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Page 7 of 40 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 1badf350, 1minute, 10ring1, 160user, 12savage, 61 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,300
Posts18,505,361
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.