Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 40 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 39 40
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
twitter here

Comments from someone who knew him: Pothead, reclusive, obsessed with the 2012 prophecy, very liberal, very left wing, suffered a severe bout of alcohol poisoning.

Be not weary in well doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Interesting. Thank ya kindly.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think all sides need to tone down the rhetoric that just feeds these wackos. I understand that the shooter�s favorite book is Mein Kampf and that he exhibited paranoid tendencies on a web site..

In any event, the possibility of additional gun restriction is looming - perhaps in the form of capacity limits, semi-auto limits, competency (and psychological) tests for purchasers), restrictions on CCW, etc. I certainly hope there are no serious calls for such, but they are possible.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by denton
twitter here

Comments from someone who knew him: Pothead, reclusive, obsessed with the 2012 prophecy, very liberal, very left wing, suffered a severe bout of alcohol poisoning.

Interesting. She was also known for liberal leanings also - better health care, higher veterans beneifts, improved Medicare.

Last edited by djs; 01/08/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LE is having a news conference in about 8 minutes...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This person seems to be just like the Fort Hood shooter.
Except he is not Muslim.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
More like the VT shooter,I think. One isolated incident committed by some delusional paranoid or schizophrenic who has been a walking incendiary device since the Dems started moving back to center.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sheriff stuck it to the media outlets.

FJB
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by 470Nitro
Giffords was pretty conservative in her views. She was pro Second Amendment, Pro border security and pro life. She just introduced a bill this week requiring Congress to take a pay cut.

She is married to CPT Mark Kelly, a Navy pilot, a Desert Storm veteran and an astronaut. Kelly was in the queue to pilot the next shuttle mission.

She had a D rating from both NRA and GOA, not sure how pro 2nd Amendment she was, although she supported doing away with the D.C. ban.

She voted for Obamacare, Repealing Don't ask, Don't tell and the Dream Act.

So she was really all over the map and only moderate on a few issues.

Who cares about her freaking politics right now...for the love of God! 12-13 people were shot. Politics doesn't matter, IMHO, human life does.
Kids, Fed. Judge, Congresswoman, civilians...what has it come to???

Get a grip. How many people will this chick have killed by being a Pro Abortion nut and voting for Obamacare which will kill people.

The Truth should always matter.

How many troops have died in Afghanistan in the past couple months because of this Administration and these [bleep] Democrats? I care far more about them.

you know, through the years i have seen posts by a lot of idiots on this forum, but you sir can go straight to hell. With my apologies to the administrator for that remark.
There were a lot of people killed today, a lot of people wounded in MY state. Giffords is a democrat, i am a conservative republican, so WHAT!
This stuff is not suppose to happen, particularly in my state.
Giffords was and is a pretty nice woman that often has views different than mine.
That does NOT mean these things are to happen.

dickweasel

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also am praying for Rep. Gilford's recovery. It makes no difference which letter follows her name (D or R), she is a victim. As for the alleged shooter, if it is who has been reported, he would appear to be mentally ill, based on his ramblings on You Tube, I would say he is neither left wing or right wing. Schizophrenia doesn't have political leanings. Everyone is a threat to a paranoid personality.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by denton
twitter here

IF that's true, the mainstream media will cover it up like an outbreak of VD among the deacons. Their mantra will be -- as we're already seeing -- almost entirely anti-gun.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Seriously doubting that all the rounds that hit folks came from the nutjob's pistol, as one of the staffers said he was tackled VERY quickly, and one of the tacklers was the next guy in line to speak with the Congresswoman.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is not looking like an easy ride,....

Best advice is to ignore FOOLS, and their beaking off, it has nothing to do with our own local situation.

I'd like to thank those who chased down the "Inside Skinny", and in this case Mike762 for these links. Best they be got back up......

Link: www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

WATCH these, before they are taken down, would be my best advice.

Az. did NOT need , or want this,.....and I'd encourage all to remember that.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Eyewitness (an emergency room doc) I heard interviewed on Fox refuted any notion of a second shooter. Said the perp was the sole shooter and fired cooly and methodically for what he estimated to be 8 to 10 seconds before being tackled. Entirely plausible.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by JD338
Glock 45 with a 30 round clip.

A 30 round clip on a Glock? I've never heard of such a thing.

Brian.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG258-36.html
I have three of them, all made by Glock themselves.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great RUMOR, but,....GOOD Hunters know how to wait

GTC

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Saturday evening that the man linked to the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others might have an accomplice.

"We are not convinced he acted alone," Dupnik said at a news conference.

Dupnik said investigators have reason to believe the 22-year-old suspect whom he would not name came to the scene with someone else. "We have photos," Dupnik said of the gunman's companion.

Nate T. Grey, of the FBI, referred to bringing "those responsible" to justice.

Six people have now died in the attack, said Grey, who is in charge of the FBI office in Phoenix. Five people died at the scene and a 9-year-old girl died at a hospital, said Dupnik.

There was no security at the event, a meet-and-greet outside a Safeway on the northwest side, Grey said.

Two of the people who were wounded have not been identified by authorities, he said.

The surgeon is "cautiously optimistic" that Giffords "may survive," Dupnik said.

Federal Judge John Roll went to mass at Tucson's cathedral, as he did every Saturday, and on his way home decided to stop and say �hi' to Giffords, his friend, Dupnik said.

"He was at the wrong place at the wrong time," Dupnik said.

Dupnik called two people who tackled the gunman "were brave individuals, noting that the semi-automatic pistol still had ammunition when the gunman was taken into sheriff's custody.

He said the gunman was a subject of, "some police interest in the recent past," and he has made death threats in the past, but not toward Giffords. There was no reason to worry about the Giffords event in advance, he said. The attack started at 10:10 a.m. amid a crowd of about two dozen people.

The gunman might have planned to shoot himself, Dupnik told reporters.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Interesting. Thank ya kindly.

Brian.
Don't bother with them. Only the ones made by Glock are reliable.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
through the years it has been very easy and not considered worthy of comment to approach elected officials.
as a very young boy when barry goldwater was first running for office, i sat on his lap with him on his horse in prescott.
When mccain first ran for office, he was hanging around at the square in prescott.
I would have NOT thought it possible for someone to do this in this state. Which i guess proves i am an old man and not in touch with the times.
Heck, you could write or call congressmen/women in this state and they would respond to you.

for that matter, my wife seems to remember rightly or wrongly that giffords was at a border rally this summer along the border.

by the way greg, this morning was up on a 4x4 road off the gila river. 80year in a jeep with his 50something daughter had a flat tire. We stopped to change it for him.
Would you believe upon us leaving this rather good looking woman grabbed by hand to shake it,then kissed my hand?
Must be the facial fur i sport.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/08/11.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
One doesn't need to know anything about the shooter know he's a nut job, other than his actions today, it needs no reinforcement.

Random murder of bystanders. Yeah, he shot a judge and congressman. That makes him a political assassin at best. Then shooting those just gathered around? That makes him a cowardly, bent, twisted, perverted sonofabitch on nobody's side but his own. Rick, forgive me but there's no synonym. Doesn't matter how decrepid his past, how unfulfilling his childhood, or how persecuted he may have felt. I'll be first in line to throw the switch, drop the hammer or push the syringe. But he'll have an attorney, exposure and sympathy from some. Most likely trial delays and appeals. Just hope he dies as swiftly as McVeigh after Oklahoma. Kill him quickly, extreme prejudice.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JD338
Glock 45 with a 30 round clip.

A 30 round clip on a Glock? I've never heard of such a thing.

Brian.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG258-36.html
I have three of them, all made by Glock themselves.

a 30 rd. glock 45 mag?

i don't think so

FJB
Page 10 of 40 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, blackhawk44, Big1bud, BALLISTIK, 5sdad, 13 invisible), 1,436 guests, and 762 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,872
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.