Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Someone described Barak as a retarded pitbull with lockjaw a few years back; attacked an issue without understanding it, grabbed it from the wrong end, too stupid to realize that he's got it by the wrong end, and completely incapable of letting it go.

To compound those problems, he's becoming more and more unstable as time goes on, with further and continuing advocations and condonations of lawlessness, usurpations of power, and violence.

He's been mentally unstable as to comprehensions of reality. He's becoming mentally unstable as to actions toward reality and certain segments of the population.

Res ipsa loquitur; "the thing speaks for itself".

It doesn't take much research or comprehension of what Barak has been saying, and where he's been going with it, to figure out that he's got serious problems and that they are getting worse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Superb choice of words.

Absolutely superb.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I believe there is NO explaining the irrational.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Enrique
One thing that can be pointed out is this:
People want what they can't have. When Clinton in the 90's issued his ban on certain weapons the value and want for those guns went up. Extended mags were sought. After the ban everyone that wanted one got one. Companies that seen how they could capitalize on it did. A handgun with a 33 round mag is not needed. At least I don't. If I can't defend myself and end a threat with a few shots, I doubt I am gonna have enough time to unload 33 rounds down the range.
It is my belief that extended mags, more people with military style weapons and the likes are all the effect of gun control and the fault of Clinton.
Look at Mexico, people can't have guns their without a permit. very few own guns because of the cost and fees. That leaves the population at the mercy of law enforcement/government and criminals. Proof that gun control does not work.

Some great points.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Barak, I meant you were a radical in the sense of occupying the most extreme position on the libertarian scale. No offense was intended.

As for my being a minarchist libertarian, if that's the same as being a conservative in the tradition of US Senator Robert Taft, I'll accept the nomenclature. Libertarianism is at the heart of authentic conservatism, but the difference is only that a conservative seeks to conserve (or, where necessary, restore) those factors which have a historical track record of promoting and preserving liberty rather than ignoring history and shooting directly for liberty based on untested theories.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I think that I know now what a cauterized conscience is.

Originally Posted by isaac
Superb choice of words.

Stunningly so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In no way shape or form were any of the victims doing anything to harm anyone.

Giffords and Roll: how were they paid? Do you know where their salaries came from? One group of people, or its delegates, put them in office over the protests of another group of people, yet the second group of people is still extorted by the State to pay their salaries.

Completely ignoring any and all other offenses they may have committed while in office, that right there qualifies as doing something to harm someone. Extortion is a crime. (When the government does it, it's called taxation rather than extortion, but it's still an initiation of force, therefore a crime.)

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak

Actually, I've already been through that stage and come out the other side. I'm actually further down the road than he is. There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me.

But my perspective is considerably more mature now, because of two points that were revealed to me.

First, it's not useful to be angry at politicians for being corrupt human trash, any more than it would be useful to be angry at fish for swimming or birds for flying. They're politicians; it's who they are and what they do. Anger stems from unmet expectations, and anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

Second, when a politician is assassinated, three things happen: he becomes a martyr, with everybody saying how great he was and how sad it is that he's dead (you can see that right here on this thread); and he simply gets replaced with another politician. The depravity of human nature assures that there will always be more garbage standing in line to take his place. Then, of course, the martyr-worshipers beg the State to take more of their liberties away so that their rulers can be safer.

So no, I won't be flying into any rages and killing any politicians. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

You are living proof that we live in a free society.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
We just yesterday witnessed indefensible actions by an incomprehensible, mentally unstable, lunatic whose ramblings about creating new currencies, realities, societies, etc., were clear warning signs.

Just because a mentally unstable lunatic whose ramblings about creating new currencies, realities, societies, etc., are comprehensible does not mean that they are not clear warning signs.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A handgun with a 33 round mag is not needed. At least I don't. If I can't defend myself and end a threat with a few shots, I doubt I am gonna have enough time to unload 33 rounds down the range.

It was designed for the Glock 18, a fully automatic version of the 17, made for protection details. 33 rounds goes fast at a cyclic rate of 1300 rpm.

They're also pretty handy when using a Mech Tech carbine.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In no way shape or form were any of the victims doing anything to harm anyone.

Giffords and Roll: how were they paid? Do you know where their salaries came from? One group of people, or its delegates, put them in office over the protests of another group of people, yet the second group of people is still extorted by the State to pay their salaries.

Completely ignoring any and all other offenses they may have committed while in office, that right there qualifies as doing something to harm someone. Extortion is a crime. (When the government does it, it's called taxation rather than extortion, but it's still an initiation of force, therefore a crime.)

=================

A fool and his words!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
That surprises me, though. Which position do you find untenable?

What's untenable is your attempt to assign some kind of rationale or justification for the gunman's selection of his victims. Because there is none.

The guy is insane, and I'm sure this will come out at trial. He had no reason to choose to kill a politician, judge, or little girl, he just wanted to kill someone.

From what I've read, he seemed pretty intent on getting to Giffords specifically. If he really didn't care whom he killed, why would he have been so discriminating at the beginning?

Sounds to me like he didn't mind creating a generalized mess, but he wanted to get Giffords first.

Saying "It wasn't Giffords, it couldn't have been Giffords, nothing she said or did could possibly have had anything to do with it, he was just insane" seems to prematurely eliminate a lot of possibilities.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This surprised me a little. I thought it would immediately focus on gun control, but it does look like they are focusing more on the anger about recent politics.

I had high hopes for this article MSNBC Story , but they lost me with this tag line at the beginning and I refused to read it. Typical MSNBC/NYT.

'Pretty soon we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people willing to subject themselves to serve in public office'

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think that some of them realize that the gun issue is a loser no matter the circumstances, and look to focus our attention on the "right wing white haters" that they think populate the Tea Party/Republican Party, totally ignoring this whack job's political leanings.

After reading Krugman's swill in the NYT, I have stopped reading or listening to most things that the MSM puts out, especially involving this subject.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
... What's untenable is your attempt to assign some kind of rationale or justification for the gunman's selection of his victims. Because there is none.

The guy is insane, and I'm sure this will come out at trial. He had no reason to choose to kill a politician, judge, or little girl, he just wanted to kill someone.

Only an idiot would attempt to rationalize it. Or someone completely out of touch with reality.

Credible witness makes it certain that Gilffords was the target of the man.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
There won't be any more gun control other than that which would be permitted by the SC under their ulitimate SC ruling as to scrutiny. For quick example,I seriously doubt this SC will rule that a localities prohibition against magazines containing more than,let's say 15 rounds, would be unconstitutional.

To think this tragedy will undo Heller or McDonald is paranoia!

Forgive the side-track but it's now been brought up 5 times, twice by one of our prolific libbers.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Sheesh!

Now we know beyond any faint glimmer of doubt that no post, no subject, is immune from inane argument, condemnation, and cheap shots.

I wanted to reply to this when I read it just to bump those wise words back to the top, but rather decided to wade thru another 5 pages of crap instead .
As I felt yesterday , my prayers are still with the victims and thier families .
My sincere wishes are that justice is done . Whether just the one loony or more connected if there are any.
And a pox on anyone using this tragic event to spout thier own agenda w/ vitriol from either side ( left or right ) without having the whole story .

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep] us again isaac.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I can't decide who I'd rather have STFU on this one: Barak/TRH, or isaac...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Again I will say:

"It is a damn shame, I don't care what her politics are. She is also a wife and mother.

Prayers for all the victims & their families."

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 49 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,245
Posts18,504,616
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.