-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 40 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 39 40
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
isaac, if just one Justice changes his or her mind, Heller and/or McDonald can be reversed. Who knows how the shooting of a federal judge will impact future Supreme Court decisions. Probably not for the better as far as I am concerned. Rick

I'm better when I move.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
Again I will say:

"It is a damn shame, I don't care what her politics are. She is also a wife and mother.

Prayers for all the victims & their families."

Dayum straight!

And to the others harmed and killed as well. Senseless and pathetic.

Last edited by byc; 01/09/11.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was out last evening and figured I would check in and see what the fire had to say about the shooting. My worst fears... a 40+ page [bleep] flinging exercise where some unbalanced nutjob decides to defend the evil of another unbalanced nutjob.

At least that is not the consensus opinion.

Democracy can be messy. It can be maddening. Sometimes it can be futile. But IF we are going to be a nation where we govern ourselves, the foundation it must be founded on is that political arguments are settled politically. You cannot grab a pistol and blow someone's brains out because you disagree with their politics.

If you can't get your arms around that one we cannot have a democracy or a republic. Take a good long look at Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Middle East, large swaths of Africa and Asia. These are places where this kind of violence rules or has allowed dictatorships and despots to come to power.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
There won't be any more gun control other than that which would be permitted by the SC under their ulitimate SC ruling as to scrutiny. For quick example,I seriously doubt this SC will rule that a localities prohibition against magazines containing more than,let's say 15 rounds, would be unconstitutional.

To think this tragedy will undo Heller or McDonald is paranoia!

Forgive the side-track but it's now been brought up 5 times, twice by one of our prolific libbers.

Good Morning, there is not much of anything NEW this AM, ...just more talking head photo ops.

That damned "Spin" that Spanoid put on this is almost incomprehensible, and in view of everything thus far released, somewhere VERY close to outright LYING.

Barak,......to much of a puzz to leave his head on the tracks,
I suggest that he wash his mouth out with a revolver,.....that [bleep] went off the edge a LONG time ago,.....and I'd thought his crap could not get any worse,.....I was wrong, the man IS "The Enemy",...and this here site does NOT need his language posted.

TRH,......same......

Repellent, neither one of these lunatics has a clue (apparently) as to what a threat their self indulgent, fantasy driven text could become to this VERY open forum.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being a politician is an unforgivable sin, punishable by immediate death, at anyone's hands, with no necessity for a trial, accusation, or warning. No due process, just a do act.

Takes care of every possible problem this side of Eden.

Simple.

Quick.

It's so logical, so obvious, that po' stupid me simply missed it. I'm so ashamed! I'm so embarrassed! How fortunate we are to have an omniscient among us!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would folks be as upset about this incident if it had been Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Clinton or Obama who had gotten hit?

Myself, it's just a politician so I only give it half a shrug. If a meteor came down and hit congress while in session, I'd give it a shrug and a half.

I guess I just have little empathy for politicians and couldn't care less what happens to the lot of them(of course I wouldn't go out of my way to make something happen).

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The operative words in Isaac's post are, "...this SC". No telling what happens once BHO appoints a Liberal.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Penguin
Democracy can be messy. It can be maddening. Sometimes it can be futile. But IF we are going to be a nation where we govern ourselves, the foundation it must be founded on is that political arguments are settled politically. You cannot grab a pistol and blow someone's brains out because you disagree with their politics.

If you can't get your arms around that one we cannot have a democracy or a republic. Take a good long look at Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Middle East, large swaths of Africa and Asia. These are places where this kind of violence rules or has allowed dictatorships and despots to come to power.

Will

Nobody said anything to the contrary.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Ignoring mentally unstable lunatics, whether they be comprehensible or incomprehensible, is what got us this situation yesterday; it's what got us the unabomber; it's what got us UBL; it's what got us Manson, it's what got us Hitler...

You'd think that we'd learn that ignoring them, pacifying them, placating them, only gets us more of the same.

The question is, what do you do with them, how, and when, once they are identified?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

The operative words in Isaac's post are, "...this SC". No telling what happens once BHO appoints a Liberal.

Another one...

But, to replace whom?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barak,
You stated:
"Giffords and Roll: how were they paid? Do you know where their salaries came from? One group of people, or its delegates, put them in office over the protests of another group of people, yet the second group of people is still extorted by the State to pay their salaries.

Completely ignoring any and all other offenses they may have committed while in office, that right there qualifies as doing something to harm someone. Extortion is a crime. (When the government does it, it's called taxation rather than extortion, but it's still an initiation of force, therefore a crime.)"

Whether you agree with the government or not it is still your Government. For one who knows the Bible, it is clear in the words Jesus spoke "give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's" this was said when Jesus was asked about taxes and he asked those who tried to trap him "who's face is on the coin you are holding?". And he responded.
In saying that, whether you like it or not it is far from extortion it is paying your taxes just like you are supposed to do.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by rrroae
Would folks be as upset about this incident if it had been Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Clinton or Obama who had gotten hit?

Myself, it's just a politician so I only give it half a shrug. If a meteor came down and hit congress while in session, I'd give it a shrug and a half.

I guess I just have little empathy for politicians and couldn't care less what happens to the lot of them(of course I wouldn't go out of my way to make something happen).

Yes.

The meteor line of thinking is not analogous, unless you or someone else has figured out how to install human control on a meteor.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
Again I will say:

"It is a damn shame, I don't care what her politics are. She is also a wife and mother.

Prayers for all the victims & their families."
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
He's attempted suicide and is autistic, in short why waste time arguing with a mentally unstable retard?

autistic = retard?
My 13 yo is autistic,and is on the honor roll.So blow me.(note,Im not defending Barack)

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How's that appointed liberal getting through both Houses? You guys are paranoid and, FlaRick,my man, don't forget the rule of Stare-Decisis.

Like always, in two weeks, after the shock,awe and blame game has minimized to normal levels, gun control will only be the chatter inside the blogs of the usual,harmless suspects.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deersmeller
Originally Posted by smokepole
... What's untenable is your attempt to assign some kind of rationale or justification for the gunman's selection of his victims. Because there is none.

The guy is insane, and I'm sure this will come out at trial. He had no reason to choose to kill a politician, judge, or little girl, he just wanted to kill someone.

Only an idiot would attempt to rationalize it. Or someone completely out of touch with reality.

Credible witness makes it certain that Gilffords was the target of the man.

Misses the point entirely.

John Hinckley was intent on shooting Ronald Reagan--to impress Jody Foster, or rather, a movie character.

Mark David Chapman was intent on shooting John Lennon.

Ascribing some sort of rationale to their actions or intent is idiotic.

At best.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Ignoring mentally unstable lunatics, whether they be comprehensible or incomprehensible, is what got us this situation yesterday; it's what got us the unabomber; it's what got us UBL; it's what got us Manson, it's what got us Hitler...

You'd think that we'd learn that ignoring them, pacifying them, placating them, only gets us more of the same.

The question is, what do you do with them, how, and when, once they are identified?

Good point. Lunatics are supposed to identify themselves when purchasing a handgun. What crazy person thought that would work?

I'm better when I move.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
At least Barak is part of the Kairos Prison Ministry and spreading the good word of God.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
At least Barak is part of the Kairos Prison Ministry and spreading the good word of God.

Among what other "teachings", is a far better question.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by fluffy
He's attempted suicide and is autistic, in short why waste time arguing with a mentally unstable retard?

autistic = retard?
My 13 yo is autistic,and is on the honor roll.So blow me.(note,Im not defending Barack)

Sweet Jesus dude. If I call my wife a bitch does that make your wife a bitch?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 21 of 40 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

54 members (35, Akhutr, 338reddog, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,412 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,876
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.