-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 40 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not?? I based my compassion for Ted Bundy on HIS behavioral record.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Barak and TRH do you guys hunt?
Whenever I get a chance on private land. Will not do so on public land, though, since too many kooks out there.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No,their personal actions. How else do you rate someone's worthiness to you?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Whenever I get a chance on private land. Will not do so on public land, though, since too many kooks out there.

==========================

It took courage for you to go there.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
http://azstarnet.com/article_91db5db4-1b74-11e0-ba23-001cc4c002e0.html

You guys are arguing over a mute point i could care less about . This is just more fuel for the Anti gunners and i do care about that.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
since too many kooks out there.

I'd agree if you and barak were on the same piece of public land.

Last edited by wisturkeyhunter; 01/09/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
A FIRST person murder vs something that has yet to occur??? Hell if Barney Fwanks should get AIDS as a result of his homosexual BEHAVIOR and ACTS and die horribly, I wouldn't waste my time on sympathy for him either. Gabrielle Giffords and the other folks had done nothing that would call for such a fierce retribution. So cut the Kunstler/Kuby approach.

And there you have it.

We rate our compassion for politicians based on their record.

Speak for yourself.

I rate my compassion for politicians based on whether they're politicians or not.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Medical condition update on Fox now.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
http://azstarnet.com/article_91db5db4-1b74-11e0-ba23-001cc4c002e0.html

You guys are arguing over a mute point i could care less about . This is just more fuel for the Anti gunners and i do care about that.
All points are mute until someone with the ability to speak gives voice to them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Barak is a nut job. It's a fact that he's autistic and autistic folks are about as emotionless/detached as they come involving others. I'm sure he could give a [bleep] about anyone, as it's obvious he doesn't about himself since he had previously attempted to commit suicide.

It's also apparent that he is such a screw-up that we wasn't even able to pull off killing himself, which we now all have to suffer from his ineptitude.

Is it really a wonder he's a computer guy (requires little human interaction, which he sucks at). Of course he deals with prisoners also, because where the heck can they run to.

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Off into Barakistan we go, as the Barakian attention-whore twists this thread right down the rabbit hole with him.

Coming from two guys who have 10's of thousands of posts on an internet forum betwen them, calling somebody else a nut and attention whore is rather strange in and of itself........

Oh yeah, that's right, this thread is about an elected official and a score of other Americans who have been killed and wounded.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak

I rate my compassion for politicians based on whether they're politicians or not.

As do I.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'd agree if you and barak were on the same piece of public land.
grin Chuckling, here.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Keep us informed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yes, but not particularly well. (Me, anyway; I don't know about The_Real_Hawkeye.) I'm more of a shooter than I am a hunter. So far I've always made good kill shots--never wounded an animal--but I suck at things like analyzing the terrain and walking quietly through the woods. I also eat what I shoot and I've never collected trophies or posed for pictures...it's always seemed a bit ghoulish to me.

Does that help?

I'd venture to say that ANY animal with normal animal senses goes to full red alert within 5-600 yards of your [bleep] up personna.

Hell, I'd BET on it.

My gentlest of dogs alerts, barks and growls at creeps,.....as I am sure she would at YOU.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/09/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Rather pathetic and extraordinarily lazy.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Fingers crossed!!!

I've got the tobasco ready just in case I need to dab some in the eyes for a good fake cry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rather pathetic and extraordinarily lazy.

Don't worry, I judge attorneys by the same standards.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by djs

I totally agree with you here, but the bad/kooky ones cause untold damage to others and the good/sane ones are left with the fallout.

Short of banning firearm ownership and becoming a Soviet style police state, there will always be firearms, and there will always be kooks.

And the disgruntled/kooks still choose places where firearms in the hands of good Americans are unlikely......whether it be a school, university, an intentionally disarmed military building, liberal political event, or commercial airliner.

Let some kook try this at some of the Tea Party events I attended here in Colorado this summer........where 10% of the attendees were openly packing.......felt pretty safe from any assasins or kooks.....

Casey

Regardless of how many are packing, the initiative will always go to the one (in this case, the nut job) who draws and shoots first. 30 years ago, I had a neighbor who a Secret Service agent and he once told me that even with the extensive training they go through, he believed that a committed gunman with minimal training could get off 7-8 shots before they could effectively respond.

This was before the John Hinckley/Ronald Regan incident. Hinckley used a cheap revolver and was not very practiced and yet he got off 5-6 shots and hit the President, Brady and a Secret Service Agent before he was subdued.

Also recall the 1998 US Capital shooting in which 2 Capitol Police Officers were killed before the shooter could be shot. He also missed with several bullets. My wife was in the Capital Credit Union when one bullet struck a door frame that she had just walked through.

Armed Tea Party Rally or not, innocent folks get hurt and we feel the consequences.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saying "It wasn't Giffords, it couldn't have been Giffords, nothing she said or did could possibly have had anything to do with it, he was just insane" seems to prematurely eliminate a lot of possibilities.

The thing that bothers me most is that you seem to revel in those possibilities.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Yes, but not particularly well. (Me, anyway; I don't know about The_Real_Hawkeye.) I'm more of a shooter than I am a hunter. So far I've always made good kill shots--never wounded an animal--but I suck at things like analyzing the terrain and walking quietly through the woods. I also eat what I shoot and I've never collected trophies or posed for pictures...it's always seemed a bit ghoulish to me.

Does that help?

I'd venture to say that ANY animal with normal animal senses goes to full red alert within 5-600 yards of your [bleep] up personna.

Hell, I'd BET on it.

My gentlest of dogs alerts, barks and growls at creeps,.....as I am sure she would at YOU.

GTC

Just so I understand you, It's okay to shoot illegal aliens who may be nothing more than men, women, and children looking for a better life, but politicians are off limits?

That's your position, right?

Last edited by Cossatotjoe_redux; 01/09/11.
Page 26 of 40 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 33 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,827
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.