-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 40 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 39 40
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. "Teacher," they said, "we know you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are. Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?"

But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him a denarius, and he asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

"Caesar's," they replied.

Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

In Romans 13:1, Paul brings further clarification to this concept, along with an even broader responsibility to Christians:

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

Therefore, we can conclude from this verse, if we don't pay taxes we are rebelling against the authorities established by God.

Romans 13:2 gives this warning:

"Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

And finally, regarding the paying of taxes, Paul couldn't make it any clearer in Romans 13:5-7:

Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Barak is an anarchist. He has this fantasy that the total lack of government is utopia. He will not acknowledge history and that fact that someone will be in power, even if that is a feudal lord. It would not be all peace and love. As a stated christian he should know that.

Last edited by crosshair; 01/09/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux

Just so I understand you, It's okay to shoot illegal aliens who may be nothing more than men, women, and children looking for a better life, but politicians are off limits?

That's your position, right?

rut roh----now you done gone and done it. hold-on!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� I'm just trying to get a handle on whose death this board says it is okay to cheer. �

That's easy � never applaud any death, no matter what the haters and the vengeful may say about it, and no matter how justified it may be. (Hitler, Manson, and McVeigh come to mind.) Every human death is a human tragedy, even those that include blessed relief.

Even those who die in agony from natural causes leave achy voids while they themselves attain painless peace. I don't want anyone to grieve over my death, and I don't want anyone to applaud it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Barak is a nut job. It's a fact that he's autistic and autistic folks are about as emotionless/detached as they come involving others. I'm sure he could give a [bleep] about anyone, as it's obvious he doesn't about himself since he had previously attempted to commit suicide.

It's also apparent that he is such a screw-up that we wasn't even able to pull off killing himself, which we now all have to suffer from his ineptitude.

Is it really a wonder he's a computer guy (requires little human interaction, which he sucks at). Of course he deals with prisoners also, because where the heck can they run to.

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Off into Barakistan we go, as the Barakian attention-whore twists this thread right down the rabbit hole with him.

Coming from two guys who have 10's of thousands of posts on an internet forum betwen them, calling somebody else a nut and attention whore is rather strange in and of itself........

Oh yeah, that's right, this thread is about an elected official and a score of other Americans who have been killed and wounded.......

Casey

You certainly prove that post count has nothing to do with smarts. Course you are pretty good at the victim yourself, bitch.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Barak and TRH do you guys hunt?

Yes, but not particularly well. (Me, anyway; I don't know about The_Real_Hawkeye.) I'm more of a shooter than I am a hunter. So far I've always made good kill shots--never wounded an animal--but I suck at things like analyzing the terrain and walking quietly through the woods. I also eat what I shoot and I've never collected trophies or posed for pictures...it's always seemed a bit ghoulish to me.

Does that help?

I'd venture to say that ANY animal with normal animal senses goes to full red alert within 5-600 yards of your [bleep] up personna.

Hell, I'd BET on it.

My gentlest of dogs alerts, barks and growls at creeps,.....as I am sure she would at YOU.

GTC

Just so I understand you, It's okay to shoot illegal aliens who may be nothing more than men, women, and children looking for a better life, but politicians are off limits?

Is that addressed to me ? If it is you are a lying co$ksucker, and I DEFY you to post ONE example of any text I've written endorsing that approach

[bleep] you Pal, and your entire lineage.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bet if this Congress Woman lives and she is functional she will become the new replacement for Sarah Brady.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
But, if your own self worth is elevated in your mind by you believing you can make 2-3 certifiable whack-jobs atta-boy you,then I think you should go with what works for you.

Works for me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� I'm just trying to get a handle on whose death this board says it is okay to cheer. �

That's easy � never applaud any death, no matter what the haters and the vengeful may say about it, and no matter how justified it may be. (Hitler, Manson, and McVeigh come to mind.) Every human death is a human tragedy, even those that include blessed relief.

Even those who die in agony from natural causes leave achy voids while they themselves attain painless peace. I don't want anyone to grieve over my death, and I don't want anyone to applaud it.

I doubt I ever said or thought anything different. I just want to know whose death the board says it is alright to cheer. Lots of people seem willing to justify some and condemn others. And then condemn those who appear to use the same logic. It is all very confusing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae

Folks will justify anything when it suits them.

Yep.

No habit or quality is more easily acquired than hypocrisy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet if this Congress Woman lives and she is functional she will become the new replacement for Sarah Brady.

Brain damage can do that to a person....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rrroae
Rather pathetic and extraordinarily lazy.

Don't worry, I judge attorneys by the same standards.

===========

Worry about your thoughts?? You've got to be kidding!!

As is quite evident given how thoroughly you follow me around like the ambulance chaser you are.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"It is all very confusing."

You SOUND confused Dic$head,

.....I repeat, was that CHIT about shooting Mexicans directed towards me ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Is that addressed to me ? If it is you are a lying co$ksucker, and I DEFY you to post ONE example of any text I've written endorsing that approach

That sounds more like me than crossfire. And I only say shoot them if they run or give armed resistance.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd venture to say that ANY animal with normal animal senses goes to full red alert within 5-600 yards of your [bleep] up personna.

Well, if that's the case, then I'm here to tell you that animals without normal animal senses still taste pretty stinkin' good.

In case you were wondering, I mean.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing to wonder about,.....you HAVE defined yourself more then adequately.

GTC

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"It is all very confusing."

You SOUND confused Dic$head,

.....I repeat, was that CHIT about shooting Mexicans directed towards me ?

GTC

English? Oh wait, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I have a problem with poor English grammar. That ante seems to have been upped on that particular pet peeve.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Medical condition update on Fox now

Pretty much as I expected. Knew of a guy who lost the side of his head when a grinding wheel on a crankshaft grinder blew up, a chunk of the wheel struck him on the side of his head. He was in a coma for a few months. Last I heard they had to teach him how to walk, talk and feed himself again...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Romans 13:1, Paul brings further clarification to this concept, along with an even broader responsibility to Christians:

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

Therefore, we can conclude from this verse, if we don't pay taxes we are rebelling against the authorities established by God.

This has been posted before.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/case/case35.1.html

Romans 13:2 gives this warning:

"Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

I'll take my chances.

I believe that scripture, in this area/topic, is deliberately misapplied. The reasons why should be obvious.

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." Thomas Jefferson.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crosshair

That sounds more like me than crossfire. And I only say shoot them if they run or give armed resistance.

This guy is a spin-doctorin', word twisting piece of cowardly chit.

GTC

Page 27 of 40 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 14 invisible), 1,515 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,892
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.