Hop To
Page 28 of 40 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 39 40
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
"It is all very confusing."

You SOUND confused Dic$head,

.....I repeat, was that CHIT about shooting Mexicans directed towards me ?

GTC

English? Oh wait, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I have a problem with poor English grammar. That ante seems to have been upped on that particular pet peeve.

Repeat,...YOU are a lying, spin doctoring piece of shidt, mister.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ending World War Two was worthy of global applause.

Assassinating Hitler to do it, however justifiiable or necessary that may have been, would not have been worthy of the same applause.

Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved tens of millions more lives than it took � thunderous applause and woeful tragedy, not an either-or matter at all. Neither one alone nor the other alone.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by crosshair
Just so I understand you, It's okay to shoot illegal aliens who may be nothing more than men, women, and children looking for a better life, but politicians are off limits?

That's your position, right?
Is that addressed to me ? If it is you are a lying co$ksucker, and I DEFY you to post ONE example of any text I've written endorsing that approach

That sounds more like me than crossfire. And I only say shoot them if they run or give armed resistance.

This guy is a spin-doctorin', word twisting piece of cowardly chit.

GTC

Well, IIRC, he is a lawyer so that's all redundant. He isn't worth the stress/time bro.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hey now!!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
grin

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
"It is all very confusing."

You SOUND confused Dic$head,

.....I repeat, was that CHIT about shooting Mexicans directed towards me ?

GTC

English? Oh wait, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I have a problem with poor English grammar. That ante seems to have been upped on that particular pet peeve.

Repeat,...YOU are a lying, spin doctoring piece of shidt, mister.

GTC

If that is YOUR opinion of me, I must be doing something right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crosshair
Barak is an anarchist.

Yes.

He has this fantasy that the total lack of government is utopia.

No. Kind of by definition. Have you read Utopia? That's kind of like saying, "The darkest possible shade of black is white."

I do believe that a free society would be better than the one we have now. That's all.

He will not acknowledge history and that fact that someone will be in power, even if that is a feudal lord. It would not be all peace and love.

On the contrary, I do acknowledge history. I may have found some bits and pieces of it that are generally withheld from most people during their compulsory government confinement schooling.

However, that's not my main issue: it's secondary, perhaps even tertiary. If you could prove to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that a free society could never be anything but an unmitigated disaster, I'd still be an anarchist, because I'm much more a moralist than I am a utilitarian. (Libertarians tend to that.) I think government as we know it today is morally reprehensible at its very foundations, and that it cannot be reformed into anything that isn't reprehensible and can still be called government. Therefore, I'm agin' it. Period.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet if this Congress Woman lives and she is functional she will become the new replacement for Sarah Brady.

Brain damage can do that to a person....

Pete, you have missed my brief post earlier, it's lost back there mixed into a sewer of "Anarchist-Azzwhole Gibberish"

Gabriel dropped by our local Emporium , Trail Boss Guns and Gear, and shopped for a holster for her Glock, talked with the customers and staff, and IIRC ,....bought some ammo.

As much as I dislike some of her platforms, and associates, I DON'T see her going the way of Janet Brady,...no way.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"If that is YOUR opinion of me, I must be doing something right."

Yup,...and thanks for the heads up, it's nice to know when vermin are about.

GTC

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Someone described Barak as a retarded pitbull with lockjaw a few years back; attacked an issue without understanding it, grabbed it from the wrong end, too stupid to realize that he's got it by the wrong end, and completely incapable of letting it go.

To compound those problems, he's becoming more and more unstable as time goes on, with further and continuing advocations and condonations of lawlessness, usurpations of power, and violence.

He's been mentally unstable as to comprehensions of reality. He's becoming mentally unstable as to actions toward reality and certain segments of the population.

Res ipsa loquitur; "the thing speaks for itself".

It doesn't take much research or comprehension of what Barak has been saying, and where he's been going with it, to figure out that he's got serious problems and that they are getting worse.

Next thing you know, Barak will be threatening to beat up anybody on the Campfire who doesn't agree with his thinking,.......all while hiding behind the skirts of the internet......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's a fact that he's autistic

Scott, are you sure that's the case? If so, it's news to me.

I don't typically follow these daytime dramas on the Hunter's Fire, but if it's the case he's autistic why in the world would anyone bother with arguing any of this with Barak?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I believe there is NO explaining the irrational.

Next thing you know, Barak will be leaving the Campfire, asking Rick to remove his account.........then come slinking back a month or two later under a psuedonym.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Now, you two bozos carry on throwing rocks in your glass houses for the rest of the day............

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An interesting update from ABP,
GTC

Exploiting a Tragedy
The Left Will Stop at Nothing
Glenn Spencer -- American Patrol Report -- January 9
"There is no direct connection, but a strong suspicion that the shooter was influenced by American Renaissance." WATCH
Gabrielle Giffords Shooting - Lessons Learned
"It was horrible to see fellow human beings gunned down by a deranged killer" -- Dr. Steve Rayle - a physician who came to aid of shooting victims.
As the story of the Tucson shootings unfolds, it is becoming clear that Jared Loughner was a mental case. He dropped out of high school. He was enrolled in a community college but was kicked out for violating a code of contact five times. The college said he couldn't come back until he got mental help to prove he wasn't a threat to others or himself. (See Fox News). His ramblings on the Internet make no sense and point to no single issue, including race, as the primary cause for his outrageous madness.
Yet, many on the left are trying to use this terrible event as a lever to advance a political agenda. Speaking of Arizona, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said: "We have become the capital, the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."
As I stood at the candlelight vigil outside Gabrielle Giffords' office last evening, a woman standing next to me, who identified herself as a lawyer, said: "Hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment." Where is the evidence that hate speech led to this attack?
Now we hear that the Department of Homeland Security is attempting to link Loughner to American Renaissance and anti-immigration sentiments. This reminds me of the attack on Americans following a meeting I sponsored in Sierra Vista ten years ago.
There is no doubt that Morris Dees and his many followers in the DHS are moving quickly to exploit the Arizona shooting as a means of silencing anyone who speaks out against illegal immigration. (See Fox News)
I told the small crowd gathered at Giffords' office last evening: "There are lessons to be learned from this terrible incident - let's make sure we learn the right ones." One lesson we have learned is that the left is attempting to link Americans who speak out against illegal immigration to this horrific act: once again proving that they would never pass up on an opportunity to demonize their opponents. But we already knew that.

Update: 08:35 Pacific Time -- Fox News reports having spoken with Jared Taylor of American Renaissance who said his organization has had absolutely no connection with Loughner. He said DHS's description of his organization was "scurrilous."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brad

I don't typically follow these daytime dramas on the Hunter's Fire, but if it's the case he's autistic why in the world would anyone bother with arguing any of this with Barak?

Because even in his allegedly autistic state, Barak still is smarter than the two bozos combined....and they can't stand it.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

It's a fact.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet if this Congress Woman lives and she is functional she will become the new replacement for Sarah Brady.

Maybe or maybe not, but it will be very significant in any event. Undoubtedly she will come under intense pressure from the anti-gun groups to support their agenda.

It is interesting to look at the conduct of other public figures who have been shot, or whose relatives have been victims. In general, it seems that liberals use their victimhood to promote restrictions on gun rights, while conservatives do not. The Bradys come first to mind, although the shooting may have led to an idealogical flip. I don't know if they were that conservative to begin with. Then there is Carolyn McCarthy who used her husband's shooting death as a springboard to election to the HoR on an anti-gun platform. The assassinations of JFK and RFK led to GCA 1968, and Teddy was known to be a rabid antigunner.

On the conservative side, President Reagan and his family and supporters never used his shooting by John Hinkley to lobby for gun controls. Neither did President Ford, who was shot at by a would-be assassin, nor did Gov. George Wallace who was gravely injured when he was shot.

I don't mean to go too far with this line of thinking, but I would speculate that liberals are more likely to employ appeals to emotion to further their agendas than are conservatives. Note my use of "more"; I'm not claiming that conservatives are immune to emotional appeals and justifications either.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Huh.

Well then, he doesn't need to be flogged, he needs to be ignored on this subject.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

Meet Daniel Hernandez, the intern who likely saved Gabrielle Giffords� life
By Holly Bailey

By Holly Bailey � 1 hr 24 mins ago

Daniel Hernandez had only been Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' intern for five days, and on Saturday, he may have saved her life.

The University of Arizona junior was standing 30 feet away from the Democratic congresswoman when she was shot in the head at a meet-and-greet event in her district, and he immediately rushed to her side. As everyone on hand waited for emergency medical support to arrive, Hernandez held Giffords's head in his lap and applied pressure to her wound.

At the same time, Hernandez advised others on providing help for the other 20 others injured and killed in the attack—and that quick thinking has led many to label him a hero in Saturday's horrific event.

"When I heard gunshots, my first instinct was to head toward the congresswoman to make sure that she was okay," Hernandez said in an interview with ABC's Christine Amanpour Sunday. "Once I saw that she was down, and there were more than one victim, I went ahead and started doing the limited triage that I could with what I had."

Hernandez, who is 20, told ABC that he simply "shut off all emotion." "I knew I wouldn't be good to anyone if I had a breakdown," he recalled. He noted that he went to help because he had "limited experience in triage and training."

He lifted up Giffords' head, because he feared she might choke on her own blood, and used smocks from the grocery store's meat department as a makeshift bandages for her and other victims.

Giffords, he says, was alert, but couldn't talk.

"'Just grab my hand to let me know that you're okay,'" he recalls telling the injured lawmaker.

According to Hernandez, she squeezed his hand, and he didn't let go, riding with her in the ambulance to the hospital, where she was rushed into emergency surgery.

"It was probably not the best idea to run toward the gunshots," he told the Arizona Republic. "But people needed help."

(Photo of Hernandez and Giffords: James Palka/AP)

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Because even in his allegedly autistic state, Barak still is smarter than the two bozos combined....and they can't stand it.
==============

Casey

=========================

Some are content by just knowing their significant limitations rather than proving them every chance they get. You've defined very well your lap dog abilities but try not to over-step your skill set and embarrass yourself further with such sophomoroic "atta boy" fellatio of a man constrained by delusion and paranoia. You'd have thought you would have learned your lesson after having had your ass handed to you so many times thinking you could play lawyer.

Last edited by isaac; 01/09/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 28 of 40 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (35, 338reddog, Akhutr, 01Foreman400, 10 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,875
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.