-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 40 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 39 40
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"Thats what being sick will do to your brain. My head is pritty f'ed up right now"

You were a guest here in my community. Some of the folks that I introduced you to have READ the crap you're posting.

They are UP for doing a brief video interview about their impressions of you,.......and I'd note that I've said NOTHING about the way you treated the hospitality here, both at my place and theirs.

Keep [bleep]' with this,.....make a nice smelly bed to lay in,...and I WILL come turn the covers down.

Our very own "Armed to the Teeth SURVIVOR",.....the thirsty one, that's going to "STEEL" water in Az. when "SHTF"

don't poke a bear in it's lair,....young man,.....if you are going to use my name,....do it with a little respect.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
We just yesterday witnessed indefensible actions by an incomprehensible, mentally unstable, lunatic whose ramblings about creating new currencies, realities, societies, etc., were clear warning signs.

Just because a mentally unstable lunatic whose ramblings about creating new currencies, realities, societies, etc., are comprehensible does not mean that they are not clear warning signs.

I wonder if he threatened to beat up anybody via the internet?.....

Could be a sign, you know......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Just one question: Would threatening to beat up somebody on the Campfire qualify as volatile?

Yer on a roll today, my friend...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Medical condition update on Fox now

Pretty much as I expected. Knew of a guy who lost the side of his head when a grinding wheel on a crankshaft grinder blew up, a chunk of the wheel struck him on the side of his head. He was in a coma for a few months. Last I heard they had to teach him how to walk, talk and feed himself again...
Tragic. I hope her recovery isn't that bad, but it doesn't look good.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by sse
This thread sure turned into a piece of crap.

Finally, a post I can comment upon, I agree wholeheartedly.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Part of your problem is you think more than a few give a schit about your disenfranchised,whiney-assed opinions!! Have you ever once commented on anything which would have manifested some sort of optimism or an acknowledgement of light at the end of the tunnel? Your posts reek of the commiseration of misery.

I'll follow the "herd",as you like to call it, of normal,hard working men who follow the rules and are motivationally driven over lightweights who incessantly complain over the internet of all things bad, while content in just getting by and doing nothing further to improve their situations and attitude, any day of the week,sport. I'm weird that way!

Were I you, I'd discount that opinion, as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
Saying "It wasn't Giffords, it couldn't have been Giffords, nothing she said or did could possibly have had anything to do with it, he was just insane" seems to prematurely eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Her politics may have had absolutely nothing to do with this incident. This gathering could have just been the high visibility event to get the shooter the infamy he was probably seeking.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Casey;

I offered to meet Bristoe to let him have a chance to back up his words, "work out differences", bust him the mouth, what have you.

Offer still stands.

And, it's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand on this thread, or in context to Barak.

Nice try, though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laffin' here...

John 13:34-35
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

By this I know you're NOT a disciple of Christ

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I just watched the FBI official on Fox News decry the widespread carry of firearms by American citizens, and suggest that this expression of liberty was somehow responsible for this shooting. So it begins. How can that be the case, though, unless you believe that outlaws obey laws against carrying firearms in public? The left, it seems, are immune to logic and facts.

PS I think the course the left are going to take on this is, at least partially, to attempt to crack down on the freedom of speech, particularly on the Internet, i.e., strictly control the Internet in terms of who is allowed to communicate publicly on it, and what they are allowed to say.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
isaac, if just one Justice changes his or her mind, Heller and/or McDonald can be reversed. Who knows how the shooting of a federal judge will impact future Supreme Court decisions. Probably not for the better as far as I am concerned. Rick

Unfortunately, this will have an impact on the AZ immigration case in particular. That particular judge was one of the more conservative in the district. This could possibly have flipped one vote on the case. And in that district, a one shot victory was probably the best case scenario the folks in AZ could have expected. In some dark rooms around America, there are some progressives salivating over the prospect of an even more liberal district 8, instead of the fact that these people were killed.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The deceased, from a lunatic's actions - a federal judge who happened to stop by at the wrong time, a 9-year-old child, born on 9/11, a man who'd recently become engaged, a husband shielding his wife...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/09/arizona-shooting-latest-developments/?hpt=T2

In addition to the 12 people wounded in the shooting, the following six were killed:

� John Roll, 63. A native of Pennsylvania, Roll was a federal judge for the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona who had served the legal system for nearly 40 years. He began his career as a bailiff in Pima County Superior Court and rose to be chief judge for the District of Arizona, a position he held since 2006.

He received death threats two years ago after he ruled that a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit filed by illegal immigrants against a rancher in the state could proceed. He had been assigned to hear the ethnic studies ban case out of Tucson that involves a new law banning certain ethnic studies programs in public schools, according to the lead attorney on the case, Richard Martinez. Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts called Roll's death a tragic loss.

� Christina Taylor Greene, 9. She was born on September 11, 2001, according to CNN affiliate KVOA. Family members described her as "excited" about the political process, and said the desire to learn more about it had motivated her to go to the Gifford event, the affiliate said. Christina had just been elected to the student council at her school, the Arizona Republic reported. She died at a hospital, and not at the scene like the other five.

� Gabe Zimmerman, 30. A Tucson native who was engaged to be married, Zimmerman was the director of community outreach for the congresswoman.

� Dorwin Stoddard, 76. Dory, as his family calls him, was a retired construction worker, said Pastor Mike Nowak at Mount Avenue Church of Christ in Tucson. Witnesses told CNN that Stoddard tried to shield his wife, Mavy, was shot in the head and fell on her. The wife was shot three times in her legs; the bullets were removed and she is expected to make a full recovery.

� Dorothy Morris, 76

� Phyllis Scheck, 79

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

"Thats what being sick will do to your brain. My head is pritty f'ed up right now"

You were a guest here in my community. Some of the folks that I introduced you to have READ the crap you're posting.

They are UP for doing a brief video interview about their impressions of you,.......and I'd note that I've said NOTHING about the way you treated the hospitality here, both at my place and theirs.

Keep [bleep]' with this,.....make a nice smelly bed to lay in,...and I WILL come turn the covers down.

Our very own "Armed to the Teeth SURVIVOR",.....the thirsty one, that's going to "STEEL" water in Az. when "SHTF"

don't poke a bear in it's lair,....young man,.....if you are going to use my name,....do it with a little respect.

That go's both ways

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by funshooter
At the risk of getting atacked by Crossfireopps.

IN MY OPINION

This is a great tradity for the whole country.

If you look at history it is the fanatic liberals that are the most violent. They do the bombings against the abortion doctors , they are the ones that break into the poloticains offices , they are the ones that atack the police and riot at any chance that they can get like sporting events or demonstrations (FOR THE MOST PART). Conservitive Republicans protest by Yelling and screaming some times but you do not here of them tipping over cars and setting them on fire.

This event is not unlike the suicide bombers. You have some self apointed big shot (usualy deranged himself)some where that finds some easilly manipulated lacky that will do his dirty work for him.

This is a tragic situation that has happend but the media and the poloticians will spin it in the wrong dirrection for there own agenda instead of looking into slowing down situations like this. they will never be able to stop the loons but this kid was being watched becouse they new he was a loon and they still could not stop him. If the system worked they would have been able to stop him and catch the guy putting him up to it.

Unfortunatly I think that untill our government starts doing what the peaple want these things are only going to happen more often and get more violent than this instance.

Controlling the peaple like the way they are trying to do is not the way.

On 12-17-10 you posted this:

"I have been watched for over 5 years now no big deal ....."

Now isn't THAT interesting?

I think you may have found a new soulmate, in Barak,....Ace.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
The deceased, from a lunatic's actions - a federal judge who happened to stop by at the wrong time, a 9-year-old child, born on 9/11, a man who'd recently become engaged, a husband shielding his wife...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/09/arizona-shooting-latest-developments/?hpt=T2

In addition to the 12 people wounded in the shooting, the following six were killed:

� John Roll, 63. A native of Pennsylvania, Roll was a federal judge for the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona who had served the legal system for nearly 40 years. He began his career as a bailiff in Pima County Superior Court and rose to be chief judge for the District of Arizona, a position he held since 2006.

He received death threats two years ago after he ruled that a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit filed by illegal immigrants against a rancher in the state could proceed. He had been assigned to hear the ethnic studies ban case out of Tucson that involves a new law banning certain ethnic studies programs in public schools, according to the lead attorney on the case, Richard Martinez. Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts called Roll's death a tragic loss.

� Christina Taylor Greene, 9. She was born on September 11, 2001, according to CNN affiliate KVOA. Family members described her as "excited" about the political process, and said the desire to learn more about it had motivated her to go to the Gifford event, the affiliate said. Christina had just been elected to the student council at her school, the Arizona Republic reported. She died at a hospital, and not at the scene like the other five.

� Gabe Zimmerman, 30. A Tucson native who was engaged to be married, Zimmerman was the director of community outreach for the congresswoman.

� Dorwin Stoddard, 76. Dory, as his family calls him, was a retired construction worker, said Pastor Mike Nowak at Mount Avenue Church of Christ in Tucson. Witnesses told CNN that Stoddard tried to shield his wife, Mavy, was shot in the head and fell on her. The wife was shot three times in her legs; the bullets were removed and she is expected to make a full recovery.

� Dorothy Morris, 76

� Phyllis Scheck, 79
This makes me sick to my stomach...

I just can't get my head around these sensless acts of extreme violence.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by funshooter
At the risk of getting atacked by Crossfireopps.

IN MY OPINION

This is a great tradity for the whole country.

If you look at history it is the fanatic liberals that are the most violent. They do the bombings against the abortion doctors , they are the ones that break into the poloticains offices , they are the ones that atack the police and riot at any chance that they can get like sporting events or demonstrations (FOR THE MOST PART). Conservitive Republicans protest by Yelling and screaming some times but you do not here of them tipping over cars and setting them on fire.

This event is not unlike the suicide bombers. You have some self apointed big shot (usualy deranged himself)some where that finds some easilly manipulated lacky that will do his dirty work for him.

This is a tragic situation that has happend but the media and the poloticians will spin it in the wrong dirrection for there own agenda instead of looking into slowing down situations like this. they will never be able to stop the loons but this kid was being watched becouse they new he was a loon and they still could not stop him. If the system worked they would have been able to stop him and catch the guy putting him up to it.

Unfortunatly I think that untill our government starts doing what the peaple want these things are only going to happen more often and get more violent than this instance.

Controlling the peaple like the way they are trying to do is not the way.

On 12-17-10 you posted this:

"I have been watched for over 5 years now no big deal ....."

Now isn't THAT interesting?

I think you may have found a new soulmate, in Barak,....Ace.

GTC

The only reason they leave me alone is that I keep my nose clean and I do not Associate with peaple like you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
Part of your problem is you think more than a few give a schit about your disenfranchised,whiney-assed opinions!! Have you ever once commented on anything which would have manifested some sort of optimism or an acknowledgement of light at the end of the tunnel? Your posts reek of the commiseration of misery.

I'll follow the "herd",as you like to call it, of normal,hard working men who follow the rules and are motivationally driven over lightweights who incessantly complain over the internet of all things bad, while content in just getting by and doing nothing further to improve their situations and attitude, any day of the week,sport. I'm weird that way!

Were I you, I'd discount that opinion, as well.

You need to follow the Campfire herd and start a thread by calling somebody out......you'll feel better then......

Oh, and you forgot to call me "bitter"........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RDFinn
The guy who committed these unspeakable acts today was just a little further down the road, that's all. You just have to hope that when they finally blow you're nowhere near them.

Actually, I've already been through that stage and come out the other side. I'm actually further down the road than he is. There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me.

But my perspective is considerably more mature now, because of two points that were revealed to me.

First, it's not useful to be angry at politicians for being corrupt human trash, any more than it would be useful to be angry at fish for swimming or birds for flying. They're politicians; it's who they are and what they do. Anger stems from unmet expectations, and anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

Second, when a politician is assassinated, three things happen: he becomes a martyr, with everybody saying how great he was and how sad it is that he's dead (you can see that right here on this thread); and he simply gets replaced with another politician. The depravity of human nature assures that there will always be more garbage standing in line to take his place. Then, of course, the martyr-worshipers beg the State to take more of their liberties away so that their rulers can be safer.

So no, I won't be flying into any rages and killing any politicians. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

DITTOS +1,000,000

Been there, done that, think the same way.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Saying "It wasn't Giffords, it couldn't have been Giffords, nothing she said or did could possibly have had anything to do with it, he was just insane" seems to prematurely eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Her politics may have had absolutely nothing to do with this incident. This gathering could have just been the high visibility event to get the shooter the infamy he was probably seeking.

Possibly.

On the other hand, it doesn't sound as though it was particularly high-visibility. No cameras, no live news coverage--if he was looking chiefly for a splash, doesn't it make sense that he'd wait for something showier?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think government as we know it today is morally reprehensible at its very foundations, and that it cannot be reformed into anything that isn't reprehensible and can still be called government. Therefore, I'm agin' it. Period.
Government is by nature evil, but it's less evil than any practical alternative (i.e., various forms of the unrestrained state), so the best approach to this dilemma would be to institute government in such a way as to maximize liberty and minimize the concentration of state power (thus minimizing the potential for corruption). Government, at least in part, constitutes an effort to restrain the state by application of law for the purpose of maximizing liberty. That is how (by and large) the Founding Fathers understood it, and I agree.

Page 30 of 40 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 204guy, 12344mag, 43 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,230
Posts18,504,349
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.