Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 40 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 39 40
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
A handful of you are always calling your own selves out. Consider that insight!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
It doesn't take much research or comprehension of what Barak has been saying, and where he's been going with it, to figure out that he's got serious problems and that they are getting worse.
Next thing you know, Barak will be threatening to beat up anybody on the Campfire who doesn't agree with his thinking,.......all while hiding behind the skirts of the internet......

Casey
laugh Oh, the irony.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by RDFinn
The guy who committed these unspeakable acts today was just a little further down the road, that's all. You just have to hope that when they finally blow you're nowhere near them.

Actually, I've already been through that stage and come out the other side. I'm actually further down the road than he is. There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me.

But my perspective is considerably more mature now, because of two points that were revealed to me.

First, it's not useful to be angry at politicians for being corrupt human trash, any more than it would be useful to be angry at fish for swimming or birds for flying. They're politicians; it's who they are and what they do. Anger stems from unmet expectations, and anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

Second, when a politician is assassinated, three things happen: he becomes a martyr, with everybody saying how great he was and how sad it is that he's dead (you can see that right here on this thread); and he simply gets replaced with another politician. The depravity of human nature assures that there will always be more garbage standing in line to take his place. Then, of course, the martyr-worshipers beg the State to take more of their liberties away so that their rulers can be safer.

So no, I won't be flying into any rages and killing any politicians. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

DITTOS +1,000,000

Been there, done that, think the same way.

So, Barak and derby claim to be further gone lunatics than the idiot in Arizona yesterday?

Classic.

By setting your affairs in order, Barak(Ed), what would that mean? Perhaps something like settling a significant tax or debt liability, or transferring property to a loved one as a gift?

Something like that, perhaps?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Laffin' here...

John 13:34-35
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

By this I know you're NOT a disciple of Christ

Laughing at a funny post--one intended to be funny--is what? An insult to your sense of humor? And insulting your sense of humor is less than loving? Is that how you're thinking?

Did you read alpinecrick's post?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can you imagine what Barak is doing to the inmates he visits? he is like a Jehova Witness, only preaches what he knows and avoids scriptures other present to him as proof that his thinking is flawed.
Many scriptures pertaining to government and taxes and other matters have been posted and he refuses to acknowledge them.

I am not perfect, I have many flaws, but I do believe in the bible and forgiveness. I do my best to live by it and try to understand it.

This thread went downhill for me when Barak mentioned it wasn't so bad for a member of congress to be shot and a judge killed because they commit extortion on all tax payers that don't agree with them. That is my issue and my reasoning for bickering. Everyone is Human and one of the 10 commandments says tho shall not murder. Yet its ok for some to be murdered according to Barak.
That is my issue and that is when it went south for me.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Being a politician is an unforgivable sin, punishable by immediate death, at anyone's hands, with no necessity for a trial, accusation, or warning. No due process, just a do act.

I think this goes to the heart of the matter. People here will disagree about the relative "value" of the victims' lives and whether politicians deserve the punishment they get. But at the end of the day, this guy was some punk loser, who lived in his mother's basement, who couldn't hold a job, spending his day smoking weed, and he went out and committed a vicious crime. He is not judge, jury and executioner. And in the process, he put another scar on the fortitude of the 2nd amendment. And if this had been Reid, Pelosi, or Obama, yes, I would FEEL differently. But the act would have been just as wrong.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Agree. As a long time member of the Fire these sort of rants do nothing to project the image of sitting around the campfire discussing guns, hunting, & yes, even politics. Its amazing to read some of these comments which makes me want to puke. What a disgrace.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Brad
Huh.

Well then, he doesn't need to be flogged, he needs to be ignored on this subject.
The IQ of those diagnosed with autism runs the gambit. Barak's IQ happens to be about two standard deviations above the mean (maybe three). Doesn't sound to me like a reason, in itself, to ignore his opinions and arguments.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's sure "Laffin'" a lot this AM, ....ain't he ?

....the sick little [bleep].

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
But coming from somebody who has now stooped to starting threads by calling folks out in the increasingly lowbrow 'fire fashion, your opinion dosn't count for as much as it used too, Bob.
+1

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I wonder if he threatened to beat up anybody via the internet?.....

Could be a sign, you know......

Casey
Bwahahahaha! You're on a roll, man. laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No cameras, no live news coverage--if he was looking chiefly for a splash, doesn't it make sense that he'd wait for something showier?

Sure, let's assume he was rational, operating with a full deck. Still trying to rationalize the acts/intent of an insane homicidal dirtbag. Sheesh

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
These are not the ramblings of a different person, but of a sick one. The ramblings of one who believes that one life is more important than another, simply by what they do in life, and that he has the power to judge and stratify them.
Unbelievable.
Seek some psychiatric care fella, before you hurt someone.

Originally Posted by barak

If their kids are going to grow up to be politicians too, it's tough for me to feel too bad for them.

The only thing you got right is that I'm anti-Constitutionalist.

I'm not going to say it was right for this particular congresswoman and judge to be shot; but however right or wrong it was, it was more wrong for the other people and the little girl to be shot.

There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

Plumbers and farmers and doctors help people. Politicians hurt people. To me, a politician is a peg or two lower on the scale than an armed robber.

In my world, if somebody commits a crime (initiates force) against you, you're the only one who's qualified to determine what retaliation is justified. The decision should be ultimately yours, if you're the victim.

Anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

I don't know whether being a politician is a sin or not. Is it a sin for a fish to swim or a bird to fly? Perhaps politicians are politicians simply because God chose to leave something important out of them when he created them, and it's not to be held against their account at all. After all, I have to believe God doesn't hold retarded people to account for not being smart.
But if it's a crime to take something that belongs to somebody else without his permission, and being a politician implies being paid with taxes, then being a politician is essentially a crime, yes, if not a sin. The only reason it's not popularly called a crime is the popular legitimization of the State's monopoly on the initiation of force.
Of course, the vast majority of politicians in the real world are guilty of far more than just extortion.

The injuries and deaths of the bystanders are more tragic than the injuries and deaths of the politicians. I would have said the same thing if the damage had been caused by an earthquake or a tornado.

As to whether politicians are subhuman or not...it's an interesting question. If they are simply fundamentally incapable of restraining themselves, then they don't bear any moral responsibility for the death and devastation they cause, but they're also pretty undeniably subhuman.
On the other hand, if they're fully human, it means that they've chosen to commit the crimes they've committed, when they could have made different choices instead, and are therefore fully responsible for them.
I'll admit that it'd be awfully difficult for me to love a politician. Much easier to love an armed robber.

I rate my compassion for politicians based on whether they're politicians or not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry if I offended you in any way tbear!
However I am not gonna let some punk justify this crime in any way shape or form. A lot of people got killed and hurt and some wannabe with a lack of understanding wants to say how it was ok for some to get hurt and killed and not ok for others.
I don't understand it or accept it.

Again sorry buddy but I can't let this punk spew off at the mouth when he claims to have a ministry and claims to know the Bible. Especially when a innocent little girl in my community, my congresswoman (whether I agree with her or not), the judge in my town, an alderly woman lost her husband and she was also wounded and the others affect by this are members of my community.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
A handful of you are always calling your own selves out. Consider that insight!!

....?.....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the other hand, it doesn't sound as though it was particularly high-visibility. No cameras, no live news coverage--if he was looking chiefly for a splash, doesn't it make sense that he'd wait for something showier?

Just because the event itself wasn't live on TV doesn't mean anything. Look at the visibility of the results.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by RDFinn
The guy who committed these unspeakable acts today was just a little further down the road, that's all. You just have to hope that when they finally blow you're nowhere near them.

Actually, I've already been through that stage and come out the other side. I'm actually further down the road than he is. There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me.

But my perspective is considerably more mature now, because of two points that were revealed to me.

First, it's not useful to be angry at politicians for being corrupt human trash, any more than it would be useful to be angry at fish for swimming or birds for flying. They're politicians; it's who they are and what they do. Anger stems from unmet expectations, and anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

Second, when a politician is assassinated, three things happen: he becomes a martyr, with everybody saying how great he was and how sad it is that he's dead (you can see that right here on this thread); and he simply gets replaced with another politician. The depravity of human nature assures that there will always be more garbage standing in line to take his place. Then, of course, the martyr-worshipers beg the State to take more of their liberties away so that their rulers can be safer.

So no, I won't be flying into any rages and killing any politicians. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

DITTOS +1,000,000

Been there, done that, think the same way.

you two deserve each other

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Enrique
Can you imagine what Barak is doing to the inmates he visits? he is like a Jehova Witness, only preaches what he knows and avoids scriptures other present to him as proof that his thinking is flawed.

To tell the honest truth, the vast majority of what I preach to the inmates goes like this:

"You can use a do/while loop as an abortable straightline. As a matter of fact, that may well be its best and highest purpose."

"No, you can't change production code while the tests are green. You have to make a test red first."

"Here's how you know a line of code is covered: before the line was written, a test was red, and writing that line made the test go green. No static-analysis tool can tell you that; only self-discipline can tell you that."

"Testing only through the front door leads to an unnecessary number of tests and excessively long and difficult setup. Instead, mock where necessary and test through the side door as well. Remember, it's a unit test."

"A switch statement, or its if/else-if/else equivalent, is almost always a design smell. Write object-oriented code in an object-oriented language."

Occasionally, I'll serve on a Kairos weekend; when that happens, I generally do even less preaching. (Kairos is not about preaching, in case you weren't aware.)

This thread went downhill for me when Barak mentioned it wasn't so bad for a member of congress to be shot and a judge killed because they commit extortion on all tax payers that don't agree with them.

Not as bad as it is for innocents to be shot, no.

That is my issue and my reasoning for bickering. Everyone is Human and one of the 10 commandments says tho shall not murder. Yet its ok for some to be murdered according to Barak.

Whoa! You went from "wasn't so bad" to "ok" so fast it made me dizzy. How'd you get from A to B?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have read every word of the 595 replies. I have to say there are several emotions running through my mind. First of all, you guys are scaring the crap out of me! Second emotion is I am appalled at the total disregard for human life I read is some, make that way too many opinions here.

Several people died, A woman is in the hospital with a gunshot wound to her head. And some say that it's OK because she chose to be a politician and some say that is OK because her opinions may have differed from their opinions. Step back and think about this for a moment. If someone differs with your opinions do they deserve to die? Where does the OK to die park begin and where does it end. I shoot a 22 K-hornet and like liver. Should I me shot for those opinions. I drive a Ford. Where should I report for execution? If my wife cooks my eggs to hard this morning am I justified in shooting her? Heaven forbid anyone like me should have a difference of beliefs or opinion.

Have we lost the respect for each other and the respect for the sanitary of life?

I value a difference of opinions. I understand there are GOOD PEOPLE out there who have different talents, beliefs, skills, callings and opinions. They do not deserve to die.

Finally, I am saddened. I am saddened by the loss of life and the damage done by one or perhaps two sick people. And I am saddened bu the responses of some here who I respected.

VA. I am spelling handicapped. I have tried all my adult life to overcome this handicap. It is a genetic problem that was acerbated by an experimental reading program when the taught me to read. It has been an embarrassment to me my whole life. If my spelling of use of a wrong work offends anyone I apologize up front. I am doing the best I can.

These are my last words on this tragic subject.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Scott, my friend, you do not embarrass any of us. To the contrary, you exemplify the best of us most of the time.

Well said, and thank you.

The spelling jab, is from someone who is CONSTANTLY spell-checking just about everything.

Page 31 of 40 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,272
Posts18,505,005
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.