-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 40 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legally, when we talk about "innocent" victims, it typically refers to whether those people were engaged in a crime at the time of the shooting. Every single one of the people at that gathering MAY have committed a crime in their past, but at the time of the shooting, they were just exercising their right to assemble peacefully. The fact that this kid shot them during this gathering is not justified legally in any way. If any of them had been engaged in a crime at the time of the shooting, this would be an entirely different discussion. For some here, the act of being a politician is a crime against humanity. That is the root of the disagreement. Unfortunately for their argument, there is no law on the books that says it is a crime to engage in politics.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
The Dude has showed up. It will be on now. Amazing.

Nope, I made my statement. After 64 pages this thread is over.

The lines are drawn in the sand. You have the financial and political class screwing everything up. The sheeple class who enjoy the screwing and the super small minority who understand the screwing and are waiting for a better life on the other side.

Nothing will change.

The "literate 5%", or something like that, right?

That apparently don't have the testicular fortitude to back up their so-called convictions.

Talk is cheap, and so very disappointing.......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Haven't read the whole thread, and not gonna.

I would think that in principle at least, the "it's time to shoot the politicians!" chest-thumpers around here are very supportive of this shooting? Not the particulars, perhaps, but in principle?

Internet invective can have consequences. Every person here knows in their heart that this wack-job built up to this, internally, by finding people sayin' chit on the Internet who talked openly about shooting politicians. This is the power of words.

Perhaps, before making such statements, you actually should read the entire thread, or at least all the posts of those you believe you're referring to.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Legally, when we talk about "innocent" victims, it typically refers to whether those people were engaged in a crime at the time of the shooting. Every single one of the people at that gathering MAY have committed a crime in their past, but at the time of the shooting, they were just exercising their right to assemble peacefully. The fact that this kid shot them during this gathering is not justified legally in any way. If any of them had been engaged in a crime at the time of the shooting, this would be an entirely different discussion. For some here, the act of being a politician is a crime against humanity. That is the root of the disagreement. Unfortunately for their argument, there is no law on the books that says it is a crime to engage in politics.
Certainly, but he was making a specific theological argument, not a criminal law argument.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I can't believe I waded through all this crap except what Barak and TRH posted is not crap as usual.

1. I'm happy I'm a Pagan and don't have all that Bible stuff to deal with.

2. It is my greatest dream that medical science will be able some day to come up with a cure for the mental illness that afflicts financiers and politicans.

3. Without the financial and political class anarchy works.

4. It is tragic that anybody is killed or injured at any political rally but it goes with the territory. When one group of people tries to control and exercise power over another group well then it happens.

5. Some of the most insane people this country ever produced, or so King George the Third thought, were:

Sam Adams
John Adams
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Patrick Henry
Thomas Paine
Etc.

6. I guess I'm a radical anarcho-capitalist. The lowest form of life is the financial and political class. I find it very hard to shed a tear for whatever happens to them.

=================

Laffin' ...what a slobbering vegetable,you are!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Enrique
� he claims to have a ministry and claims to know the Bible. �

Ought to make the scene � uh � interesting when he scolds God for daring to permit things that he doesn't approve.

Oh, how nice it'd be if only God were wiser!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks VA!

TRH,
I implied no such thing. I implied that everyone in this was equal and that your buddy barak is wrong in saying just because one is in congress and one is a judge that it was not so bad and in a sense ok for them to have been shot. He reasoned they were not so bad because they are extortionists of the tax payers. I pointed out by way of the bible that HE supposedly reads and understands where he was wrong.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TRH,
I implied no such thing. I implied that everyone in this was equal and that your buddy barak is wrong in saying just because one is in congress and one is a judge that it was not so bad and in a sense ok for them to have been shot. He reasoned they were not so bad because they are extortionists of the tax payers. I pointed out by way of the bible that HE supposedly reads and understands where he was wrong.

Barak never said that. Are you aware that bearing false witness is a sin?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the three of them are just unbelievable.....when you think they can't get any loonier, they always manage to surprise.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
TRH,

Barak never said that. Are you aware that bearing false witness is a sin?

Really?

Originally Posted by Barak

If their kids are going to grow up to be politicians too, it's tough for me to feel too bad for them.

The only thing you got right is that I'm anti-Constitutionalist.

I'm not going to say it was right for this particular congresswoman and judge to be shot; but however right or wrong it was, it was more wrong for the other people and the little girl to be shot.

There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

Plumbers and farmers and doctors help people. Politicians hurt people. To me, a politician is a peg or two lower on the scale than an armed robber.

In my world, if somebody commits a crime (initiates force) against you, you're the only one who's qualified to determine what retaliation is justified. The decision should be ultimately yours, if you're the victim.

Anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

I don't know whether being a politician is a sin or not. Is it a sin for a fish to swim or a bird to fly? Perhaps politicians are politicians simply because God chose to leave something important out of them when he created them, and it's not to be held against their account at all. After all, I have to believe God doesn't hold retarded people to account for not being smart.
But if it's a crime to take something that belongs to somebody else without his permission, and being a politician implies being paid with taxes, then being a politician is essentially a crime, yes, if not a sin. The only reason it's not popularly called a crime is the popular legitimization of the State's monopoly on the initiation of force.
Of course, the vast majority of politicians in the real world are guilty of far more than just extortion.

The injuries and deaths of the bystanders are more tragic than the injuries and deaths of the politicians. I would have said the same thing if the damage had been caused by an earthquake or a tornado.

As to whether politicians are subhuman or not...it's an interesting question. If they are simply fundamentally incapable of restraining themselves, then they don't bear any moral responsibility for the death and devastation they cause, but they're also pretty undeniably subhuman.
On the other hand, if they're fully human, it means that they've chosen to commit the crimes they've committed, when they could have made different choices instead, and are therefore fully responsible for them.
I'll admit that it'd be awfully difficult for me to love a politician. Much easier to love an armed robber.

I rate my compassion for politicians based on whether they're politicians or not.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Actually, I've already been through that stage and come out the other side. I'm actually further down the road than he is. There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope you get a very special wee hours in the morning visit from some totally humorless men, who without fanfare, introduce you to a pair of shiny bracelets, and are dragged, kicking and screaming, to some Godforsaken underground hole somewhere. I also hope someone 'forgets' standard protocol, and you are left with only your delusions and a belt for company in the quiet of the night.

There is a line, and you have crossed it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TRH,
Read thru all the posts. He said that. He said they were extortionists because people that didn't vote for them are paying their salaries.
That is what got this whole thing started and me so upset. That he is trying to justify the act!

Enrique O. Ramirez

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by levrluvr
These are not the ramblings of a different person, but of a sick one. The ramblings of one who believes that one life is more important than another, simply by what they do in life, and that he has the power to judge and stratify them.
Unbelievable.
Seek some psychiatric care fella, before you hurt someone.

Originally Posted by barak

If their kids are going to grow up to be politicians too, it's tough for me to feel too bad for them.

The only thing you got right is that I'm anti-Constitutionalist.

I'm not going to say it was right for this particular congresswoman and judge to be shot; but however right or wrong it was, it was more wrong for the other people and the little girl to be shot.

There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me. My objective is to suck power away from the State, not to hand it more.

Plumbers and farmers and doctors help people. Politicians hurt people. To me, a politician is a peg or two lower on the scale than an armed robber.

In my world, if somebody commits a crime (initiates force) against you, you're the only one who's qualified to determine what retaliation is justified. The decision should be ultimately yours, if you're the victim.

Anyone who expects politicians to be anything other than gilded scum is a fool.

I don't know whether being a politician is a sin or not. Is it a sin for a fish to swim or a bird to fly? Perhaps politicians are politicians simply because God chose to leave something important out of them when he created them, and it's not to be held against their account at all. After all, I have to believe God doesn't hold retarded people to account for not being smart.
But if it's a crime to take something that belongs to somebody else without his permission, and being a politician implies being paid with taxes, then being a politician is essentially a crime, yes, if not a sin. The only reason it's not popularly called a crime is the popular legitimization of the State's monopoly on the initiation of force.
Of course, the vast majority of politicians in the real world are guilty of far more than just extortion.

The injuries and deaths of the bystanders are more tragic than the injuries and deaths of the politicians. I would have said the same thing if the damage had been caused by an earthquake or a tornado.

As to whether politicians are subhuman or not...it's an interesting question. If they are simply fundamentally incapable of restraining themselves, then they don't bear any moral responsibility for the death and devastation they cause, but they're also pretty undeniably subhuman.
On the other hand, if they're fully human, it means that they've chosen to commit the crimes they've committed, when they could have made different choices instead, and are therefore fully responsible for them.
I'll admit that it'd be awfully difficult for me to love a politician. Much easier to love an armed robber.

I rate my compassion for politicians based on whether they're politicians or not.

In no way shape or form were any of the victims doing anything to harm anyone.

Giffords and Roll: how were they paid? Do you know where their salaries came from? One group of people, or its delegates, put them in office over the protests of another group of people, yet the second group of people is still extorted by the State to pay their salaries.

Completely ignoring any and all other offenses they may have committed while in office, that right there qualifies as doing something to harm someone. Extortion is a crime. (When the government does it, it's called taxation rather than extortion, but it's still an initiation of force, therefore a crime.)

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sean...I can't believe you spent two seconds dealing with TRDA's inability to comprehend the written word.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TRH,
Read thru all the posts. He said that. He said they were extortionists because people that didn't vote for them are paying their salaries.
That is what got this whole thing started and me so upset. That he is trying to justify the act!

Show me where Barak said this: "Barak is wrong in saying just because one is in congress and one is a judge that it was not so bad and in a sense ok for them to have been shot."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lhonda

Actually, I've already been through that stage and come out the other side. I'm actually further down the road than he is. There was a span of maybe three months or so a few years back when it's only by the grace of God that I didn't set my affairs in order, withdraw a bunch of savings, toss a rifle in the truck, drive to Washington, and pot me as many politicians as I could before they got me.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope you get a very special wee hours in the morning visit from some totally humorless men, who without fanfare, introduce you to a pair of shiny bracelets, and are dragged, kicking and screaming, to some Godforsaken underground hole somewhere. I also hope someone 'forgets' standard protocol, and you are left with only your delusions and a belt for company in the quiet of the night.

There is a line, and you have crossed it.

Yeah,...and he CROSSED it HERE.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
TRH,

Show me where Barak said this: "Barak is wrong in saying just because one is in congress and one is a judge that it was not so bad and in a sense ok for them to have been shot."

Read the [bleep]' quotes, with COMPREHENSION this time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
the three of them are just unbelievable.....when you think they can't get any loonier, they always manage to surprise.

I'd like to see the three of them solemnize an EFFECTIVE and successful suicide pact, myself.

It would look good on them,....we could kick back and have drink (and a laugh) in their honor.

[bleep]' creeps.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TRH,
I think VA already posted enough evidence to back what I wrote.

Enrique O. Ramirez

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Enrique/VA, it's a waste of time. It doesn't fit his/their "right" way of thinking so it's not going to sink in.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 33 of 40 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (308ld, 44mc, 3333vl, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 27 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,212
Posts18,503,923
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.