Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Partners In Blood

Posted on January 12 2011 - 2:13 PM - Posted by: Sheya

As many of our readers know, I am an observant Jew. I observe the Sabbath and all the Jewish Holidays. I went to Jewish schools and so do my kids. Not only do I live by all the rules, I am part of the Jewish culture and I even look the part.

After the horrific killings in Tucson this Saturday and the finger-pointing at Governor Palin begun, I was mad and I was angry. Not that I�m not used to seeing irrational criticism thrown at Governor Palin, I�m used to seeing that by now and frankly I have come to expect it. But this time it was different; this time it felt as if all those stories I was told as a kid were coming to life. A heartless murderer shot and killed innocent victims. Governor Palin, who is hated just because she exists, was blamed, and that was followed by a flood of calls for her death on Twitter and Facebook. If this isn�t a blood libel than nothing is.
[�]
I have just spoken to many of my Jewish friends. Neither myself nor any other Jew I know is offended by Governor Palin�s comments. On the contrary, based on what we know and were taught about blood libels, this is exactly what this was: a blood libel�

Lots more at Jewish Americans for Sarah Palin and JewsforSarah.com

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
google "blood libel Palin" and see where it goes.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
It took me to Media Matters and Howard Kurtz and the usual hate Palin sites�and some pro Palin sites.

"Perhaps Palin honestly does not know what a blood libel is, or does not know of their horrific history -- that is perhaps the most charitable explanation we can arrive at," said David Harris, president of the National Jewish DEMOCRATIC Council.

But, on the other hand�

�The accusation of "blood libel" has been employed for centuries to justify the killing or expulsion of Jews. The phrase had been used by other conservative commentators, including a Wall Street Journal column, since the shooting of Representative Gabrielle Giffords, who is Jewish.�

We all know from you that Simple Sarah didn't write any of her stuff. Somebody handed it to her and told her to read it.

Obama gave a good but long speech tonight, wonder who wrote it for him�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
The Jewish Week says, �Sarah Palin Is Right � We�re Looking At A Blood Libel�:
Sarah Palin is right. She is being slandered. Nothing reflects the vulgarity of the national conversation over the past few years more than the relentless �hating� of Sara (sic) Palin, particularly in the Jewish community, particularly those Jews who flatter themselves as being tolerant, as masters of civility.

Jewish Americans for Sarah Palin�s official statement, in part:
�Blood libel� does not refer exclusively to accusations against Jews. It does not refer only to medieval episodes that resulted in pogroms. It is a term that has been, and continues to be, legitimately used in contemporary American political discourse by all sides. Governor Palin�s use of the term is accurate, reasonable, and squarely within the bounds of accepted political discourse. It is her opponents� attempts to falsely connect her to the Tucson massacre which is inaccurate, and unreasonable, and beyond the pale of civilized discourse.

Yid with Lid, a Jewish conservative blogger, says in part:
Every time Israel acts to defend herself, the mainstream media is rich with blood libel invented by Israel�s enemies and accepted as truth by reporters.
When it comes to Governor Palin�s use of the term blood libel, it was totally justified. The progressive media created a lie about Palin causing the death of a child, Christina Taylor Greene. Their charge was blood libel just the same way as the media spreading the al Durah myth, or the way the media spread bogus charges of Israeli massacres during the recent war with Hamas in Gaza (or in the case of Reuters falsified pictures).
Allow me to suggest that the media should not try to push their progressive bias by assuming the role of policing the worldwide use of the term blood libel. They would be much better served trying to ensure that they do not become the conduits for the spread of blood libels, either be it directed toward Israeli soldiers, or conservatives in the United States.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everytime the left confronts Palin they go away with a bloody nose.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Everytime the left confronts Palin they go away with a bloody nose.

Laffin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Fortunately for our side it look like Palinmania has peaked and is headed for a swift descent into the dustbin of political history.

The lady done good, very good, and I wish her all the best. Sit back and enjoy those millions you earned them, Perky.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep, she is quite the self promoter and I much admire her for that and for what she has done for the Tea Party, thus for our Nation.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Obama wanted change and I hope Sarah Palin gets elected. That would be a nice change IMO!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here we go again.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Posted on January 12, 2011 by Allahpundit
I almost wish that this wasn�t being reported as it�ll only inflame things further among fringe types, but after four days of screeching about Palin the murderer, who can blame her staff for wanting to show the world the ironic outcome? I trust and hope that she�ll be fine: She�s got the financial means to hire the best security that money can buy, and remember, as noted earlier, the truly dangerous nuts typically don�t make threats. The vast majority of these people, I�m sure, are liberals popping off at her in a rash moment and then cooling down later.

An aide close to Sarah Palin says death threats and security threats have increased to an unprecedented level since the shooting in Arizona, and the former Alaska governor�s team has been talking to security professionals.
Since the shooting in Tucson, Palin has taken much heat for her �crosshairs� map that targeted 20 congressional Democrats in the 2010 mid-term election, including that of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was the main target of Saturday�s attack.
Friends say Palin, a possible 2012 contender, was galled as suggestions of her role in the tragedy have swirled.

Given the amount of hate routinely directed at her, she�s appeared at times to take an oddly too-casual approach to personal security. Remember how there seemed to be no bodyguards around when that weird guy followed her around the airport with a handheld camera? No disrespect to Todd, but if he�s all that�s standing between her and a Jared Loughner, that�s not good enough. This week will, I assume, change that situation forever.

Remember the 1960�s left wing riots in the streets?

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 01/13/11.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 22250rem, 222ND, 60 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,871
Posts18,518,028
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.