Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Geo-political questions my ass.

If Couric is the pinnacle of geo-political questions then the left and all the Palin haters can elect ol'Katy.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Gotta love her.

I do. Problem is even if she was flush with all issues all the time, I don't think she could improve her electability, just due to her personality and communication skills.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by crosshair
"Blood Libel" a term fallen out of use for so long it doesn't mean what it once did. It means, as her intent was, proselytizing ones beliefs using the of the blood of the innocent. With that she is dead on the money.

Yep. People call Palin stupid, then throw a tissy when she talks over their heads.

Oh BS, she likely had to Google "blood libel"... not that's she's not intelligent, jut not particularly well educated. She couldn't have come up with that on her own.

I love it when people just speculate on things.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by sse
If this was her "coming out" as a potential 2012 candidate with the ability to appeal beyond the 24hrcampfire crowd, she failed miserably.

Couldn't agree more. She may even be going backwards. The libs are just pumped with excitement over the prospect of her being BO's opposition, too. To bad she wasn't on the ticket to be the Seantor from Alaska. She probably could have won that one.

Sarah Palin gave a great speech.
It was a perfect example of why the libs fear this woman so much.
It was Presidential in its delivery and timely in its defense of the vile, slanderous blood libel piled on Palin.

It was 8 minutes by Palin against 45 minutes by Obama.
8 minutes that will prove to be a turning point in the right direction for Palin.
A turning point that will a titanic tidal wave.

More and more people are seeing the Leftwingnut attacks for what they are.
Blood libel. The attacks that started with Palin�s VP run have been blood libel in every true sense of the phrase.

Plain to see, why the Leftwingnuts are trying to stop Palin and shape the GOP agenda to their liking.

Plain to see, for anyone with honest eyes.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought they both gave good and proper speeches. Finally and rightly so!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree, they were both good and proper.
Obama tribute could and should have been shorter than his 45 minutes.
Palin was at 8 minutes.
And the best I very heard�Was Reagan at 4 minutes.

�We will never forget them nor the last time we saw them this morning as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God.'�

He had a good speech writer too, John Gillespie Magee, American airman killed in World War II.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I heard a recording of Palin today denying that those were rifle scope reticles on that political map. Said they were surveyor scope reticles, if you can believe that. She lost a bit of my respect with that. She should not have lied about it, and should have just stood on the point that it's BS to blame her for the shooter, regardless of the form her political speech took. Shows poor character, IMO. Very disappointing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really don't think much of Sarah Palin, pretty face but no real substance, but all this crap about what was meant on some handouts encouraging getting certain candidates out of office is crap. Typical overblown political imagery is all it was.
Next thing, they will have to close down Targets, surely someone is going to see that as a sign they should shoot everyone in one of those stores.
And if you are hearing voices in your head, telling you what I just wrote is a good idea, you are not being influenced, you are crazy!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They were surveyor scope reticles. Easy to tell the difference if you have ever looked thru both types.
Palin people are the ones saying that and they are technically correct.

Not that it matters much, the idea was to target the �Take back the Twenty� districts.
Nothing wrong with that�been done many times before�the Dems used bulleyes on their map.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Is this for real? Arguing whether what we have here are surveyor scopes reticles or rifle scope reticles? How many of the general voting public know the difference, or give a dead rat's ass?

Get truly real, this gal is toast. She has done her part for the Party, made big bucks and for that she must be praised. Let her retire to a life of gentle punditry. She has several more good years of minor fame as a Hannity babe.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The point would be that Sarah Palin is not a liar.

Now it is your turn to get real.

Where on God�s Green Earth, do you come up with the idea that Sarah will ever retire or just sit back and watch the parade go by?

Nowhere in her record of over twenty years of public service has she ever done anything remotely close to your suggestions.
Sarah just is not wired to step aside when she believes in something that needs to get done.

Do you not understand that this has been a very good week for Palin?
A lot of the Leftwingnut crap is flushing down the tubes.
After they had stepped in it and overplayed their hand.

Even a lot of LSM are turning about 2 to 1 in Sarah�s favor about what was dumped unfairly in her path.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Never said she was or is a liar.

Didn't I read somewhere that she served some few months as a Governor of some small state? Maybe I was wrong?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Didn't I read somewhere that she served some few months as a Governor of some small state? Maybe I was wrong?

Just a golddigger, eh.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No you did not but TRH did.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Small state? Just over 4x the size of the third biggest state... and about 10x the size of say Wisconsin...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by crosshair
"Blood Libel" a term fallen out of use for so long it doesn't mean what it once did. It means, as her intent was, proselytizing ones beliefs using the of the blood of the innocent. With that she is dead on the money.

Yep. People call Palin stupid, then throw a tissy when she talks over their heads.

Oh BS, she likely had to Google "blood libel"... not that's she's not intelligent, jut not particularly well educated. She couldn't have come up with that on her own.

I would have thought her inability to answer simple geo-political questions in 2008 would have made that fundamentally clear...

Really? A collage graduate in journalism and she had to Google it. I'm just a dumb C/O and I didn't have to Google it.

Truth be known, the more polarized the political environment the better her chances.

Last edited by crosshair; 01/14/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If this was her "coming out" as a potential 2012 candidate with the ability to appeal beyond the 24hrcampfire crowd, she failed miserably. Referencing "blood libel" might be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in popular politics. Sounded totally contrived and disingenuous.

It looks like the only thing "dumb" around here is you!

Here's what the famous Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz, a liberal Democrat and also a Jew by the way, had to say about it:

Alan Dershowitz Defends Palin on �Blood Libel�

January 12, 2011 1:45 P.M. By Daniel Foster
In a statement to BigGovernment.com:

The term �blood libel� has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People, its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
They were surveyor scope reticles. Easy to tell the difference if you have ever looked thru both types.
Palin people are the ones saying that and they are technically correct.

Not that it matters much, the idea was to target the �Take back the Twenty� districts.
Nothing wrong with that�been done many times before�the Dems used bulleyes on their map.
Of course there's nothing wrong with the imagery in politics, and that should have been her line of defense, NOT backing away from what the imagery obviously brings to mind, i.e., that they are targeting certain districts. The aid or whoever that came up with the graphics certainly meant that to be the idea, and if he chose surveyor scope reticles it was almost certainly an accident, since that had nothing to do with the message they wanted to convey. She should never have backed away from them being targeting symbols.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Just a golddigger, eh.

Certainly the apotheosis of a "golddigger", she is everybit the epitome of the gold "accumulator".

I hope she enjoys every little dollar of her new earned wealth.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Small state? Just over 4x the size of the third biggest state... and about 10x the size of say Wisconsin...

Yes. Small state, in fact very small state. Alaska ranks 47 out of the 50 states. Only North Dakota and Vermont are smaller.

www.paracay.com

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.