Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Curdog-you were reading Deuteronomy 22:13-19 Virginity Evidence

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by lmartin
hey thats fine if ya cant remember, what i was hoping for was a bible reference so i could read it myself. maybe someone else can tell me where it is or where it originated from

The Law is given in black and white in Leviticus. But the Rabbis took it further. Thus there is Rabbinical Law. Leviticus says not the boil a calf in it's mothers milk. Rabbinical Law says you cannot have dairy and meat in the same meal. It goes so far at to have every household keep four sets of dishes and cookware. One for meat, one for dairy, one for meat at passover and one for dairy at passover. It continues to go on and give directions for converting a pot from meat to dairy, a processes taking several days.

Leviticus says no work on the Sabbath. Rabbinical law states if you spit on the sabbath and it rolls a given distance in the dust then you have worked.

I am thinking the bride thing is buried in the depths of Rabbinical Law. It ain't in the book.

Last edited by Scott F; 01/16/11.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thanks i just found it myself and finished reading it .

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
its there scott i just found it by luck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does it smell like skunk poop ?grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
There are, however, plenty of contradictions in the Old Testament.

Yep.

Uh-oh!

Off we go again!

(And the operative word is OFF!)

frown

No offense to those who made the "contradictions comment" but it just always amazes me how ignorance of a subject is no obstacle too big to keep one from commenting on
it.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Nyuk nyuk nyuk. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well said. I own a bible so I must obey the Law.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ignorance and fantasy are the biggest comment-enablers of 'em all. Knowledge and facts severely limit commentary.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will say this. If you have to ask, you already know the answer and are looking for permission.

A man who had follwed Jesus all his life told me this near the end of it. Said it served him well and you know it has got me quite aways.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
no it smelled just fine,

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS2
� If you have to ask, you already know the answer �

Or as Commodore Vanderbilt said to someone who asked how much a yacht cost, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by lmartin
hey thats fine if ya cant remember, what i was hoping for was a bible reference so i could read it myself. maybe someone else can tell me where it is or where it originated from

The Law is given in black and white in Leviticus. But the Rabbis took it further. Thus there is Rabbinical Law. Leviticus says not the boil a calf in it's mothers milk. Rabbinical Law says you cannot have dairy and meat in the same meal. It goes so far at to have every household keep four sets of dishes and cookware. One for meat, one for dairy, one for meat at passover and one for dairy at passover. It continues to go on and give directions for converting a pot from meat to dairy, a processes taking several days.

Leviticus says no work on the Sabbath. Rabbinical law states if you spit on the sabbath and it rolls a given distance in the dust then you have worked.

I am thinking the bride thing is buried in the depths of Rabbinical Law. It ain't in the book.
Well said. It was rabbinical law that was overturned, which is of man.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goodnews

No offense to those who made the "contradictions comment" but it just always amazes me how ignorance of a subject is no obstacle too big to keep one from commenting on
it.

Nice. Questioning something that appears incongruent gets relegated to "ignorance of a subject"...as opposed to just honestly addressing the apparent incongruity itself.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I think y�all understand my positions but I will "summarize" in this rather lengthy post.

Three types of law in the OT. Moral, Ceremonial and Judicial. While the ceremonial laws were valid at the time, I am no longer bound by these laws thanks to Jesus. Already covered. Ceremonial laws like the sacrifice of lambs is not valid by anyone today. The old has passed away and the new has come.

Judicial laws were given to the nation of Israel. View it a civil laws or even criminal code, complete with procedures, punishments, regulations and restrictions. These laws were for the nation of Israel which was then, but is no longer a biblically sanctioned theocracy. This may be a debatable point but I think they do not apply to us today. It was a civil code for that nation at that time. Still part of the Old Testament and still valid as the word of God, but the application was/is to the nation of Israel at that time. Same type of idea as with the ceremonial laws. Since Jesus and since the cruxifixion, these laws are not applicable to us.

Also see what Paul has to say in Romans: ��we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.� To further address one of antler�s questions, yes, I believe in the OT judicial laws, they were there and they were correct but no, I am not bound by them and do not live by them and interestingly, (although this is a debatalbe point as well) you are not bound by them either. But, no escape clause here. See, Moral Law, that is something else. I believe we are all bound to adhere to Moral Law. Now to those who will bring up the �jot and tittle� question. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law and of the prophecies. Simple, HE, is the fulfillment. He fulfilled the law and cancelled the sin debt.

Side note: There were/are hierarchies in the law. Lots of folks don�t like this but that is the way it is. For example, the law concerning circumcision; It is required to be on the eighth day after birth. But, if that eighth day falls on the Sabbath what can you do? If you follow one law you will violate the other. Also, in Mark, Jesus was asked �Of all the commandments, which is most important?� His reply is simple: �The most important one, answered Jesus, is this: �Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.� The second is this:�Love your neighbor as yourself.� There is no commandment greater than these.

This does negate anything but places the laws/commandments into perspective. No one would argue that lying is not called a sin, but telling a lie is not the same in impact or seriousness as murder. One can look at it this way: All one's sinful acts can be seen as rolled up into a black ball. Folks can tote around their own ball of black sin and some balls are bigger than others. Still all black. Don�t get too excited about having a small ball of sin. God will judge on the color of the ball, not the size. You know how to get the ball of sin washed clean; right?

All the best,

tf

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Course, it's still relavent. 10 commandments are still in force.

What is the prescribed punishment for violation of any of the Big 10? Who has the authority or responsibilty for meting out the punishment. Is the enforcer immune from man's law?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Without forgiveness....hell. Ultimate seperation form God. With forgiveness you are forgiven and in serving Jesus you would not break them.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Without forgiveness....hell. Ultimate seperation form God. With forgiveness you are forgiven and in serving Jesus you would not break them.

Chicken! smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take your chances, but it's roast chicken down there. grin

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
We were 4 pages into it before an honest attempt was even made!

I'm somewhat offended by that statement. I honestly tried to answer you the first time I addressed your questions.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 9 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,434
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.