Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The Palinites will be with us awhile longer. Perky will ride this horse until it drops either by her quitting or getting badly whupped (again) in a debate.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

The Palinites will be with us awhile longer. Perky will ride this horse until it drops either by her quitting or getting badly whupped (again) in a debate.

Dream on, Spanky!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

What debate was that?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you check the record, it was widely acknowledged that Palin won her debate with Biden.

I'm hardly a Palinite but I can't understand conservatives and Republicans who take delight in putting her down. You NEVER see the libs or Democrats do this to one of their own. The proven idiot Biden is living proof of that.

I'm better when I move.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by FlaRick

If you check the record, it was widely acknowledged that Palin won her debate with Biden.

I'm hardly a Palinite but I can't understand conservatives and Republicans who take delight in putting her down. You NEVER see the libs or Democrats do this to one of their own. The proven idiot Biden is living proof of that.

Most here are not anti-Palin just anti-nominating her for President.

She does a fine and wonderful job of raising money for herself and Conservative causes. If her handlers can keep her on that track I will be most happy. May she continue to thrive.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

She does a fine and wonderful job of raising money for herself and Conservative causes. If her handlers can keep her on that track I will be most happy. May she continue to thrive.

Who are you trying to bullschit Spunky........you've been insidiously taking shots at Sarah Palin for weeks now.

I'll always remember what my father used to say when he heard patronizing pricks like you running their mouths:

"Why don't you blow it out of your azz??"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis

Who are you trying to bullschit Spunky........you've been insidiously taking shots at Sarah Palin for weeks now.

I'll always remember what my father used to say when he heard patronizing pricks like you running their mouths:

"Why don't you blow it out of your azz??"

Spankys a spinner. More than likely a moveon.org closet liberal it very easy to say you're conservative but it all comes out in the dirty wash.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Recess time again for the short bus crowd.

www.paracay.com

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I don't consider Palin much of a candidate, nothing to do with her politics or philosophy. She's a great tea party supporter across nearly all of the issues as far as I can tell, but seems limited in her ability to advance the cause. When she couldn't answer a question about the magazines she reads with any kind of savvy, that's our political star? I don't think she's gotten much better at the game since then. Plus, being a tea partier, she will get only limited help from the established Repubs, unless the tea party can get them to change direction, too.

The one saving hope is that even if Obama manages to get re-elected, the tea party might still be successful in brooming out some more libs and Rinos, effectively neutering Obama politically.

Right now, though, Bammy is off to a good start for 2012, especially with the crisis he was able to make hay out of. That has quelled the drum beat against Obamacare, at least for the time being.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I really don�t understand any of this.

During the campaign last year, Sarah Palin did more to advance the cause than any other individual. Being a great Tea Party supporter is a very good way to advance the cause.
If I am wrong, tell me who did better.

You bring up a question about reading from a 2008 interview that was edited to make her look bad and ignore all the other interviews where Sarah has done just fine?
Have you not see any of the tons of stuff she has done on FOX with Wallace and all the rest of the bunch?
Did you watch Sarah last night with Hannity?

If you are stuck in 2008, what about the all time VP acceptance speech with 37 million viewers. That is Political star power.

The Tea Party needs limited help from the established Repubs and RINOs?
They torn them a new one last year.
The Repubs and RINOs are the ones on life support and needing help, not the Tea Party.

The opposition to Obamacare is quenched for now?
The vote to repeal is this week.

Obama is off to a very weak start this year and got a statistically insignificant bump from Tucson.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
OK, first of all I remember at least two of her candidates did not win. How much do the successful ones owe to her, specifically? Hard to gauge.

I don't think she handles a hostile interviewer very well. I'll bet she's mulled over a hundred times how to better respond during that interview, but you don't get a second chance. It's a matter of thinking on one's feet. Some politicians are very good at it, while actually making a good point (versus those that BS and just change the subject). She stumbled. I'm not stuck in 2008, but I don't see much improvement since then, is the problem. I didn't see the vid of her last night. Maybe I'll watch some more of her, but lately I haven't been going out of my way, because it's too disappointing.

I have seen her on Fox and wish she could do a better job of conveying her message. She keeps repeating her "common sense" phrase and it just doesn't work, IMHO.

My point about the Tea Party is that they will never have genuine support from establishment Repubs, because many of them are part of the problem that the TP is trying to correct, they're afraid and insulted by the TP, so the best they will do is lip service. Can the TP push through that and field more winning candidacies? I hope so.

The Tuscon crisis took a lot of wind out of Boehner's sails, hopefully just temporarily. And I wouldn't be surprised if that bump in the polls becomes more than a temporary spike. If the economy doesn't start dipping again, Obama's approval numbers will stabilize, because there have been many polls in the last year and a half showing he is well-liked even if his policies aren't.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I forced myself to watch Palin on Hannity. Her performance reconfirmed my opinion that she is not Presidential material. She really needs a voice and vocabulary coach and maybe a few more semesters in a decent university.

I don't know how many times she used "you know" and "common sense". She comes across as a precocious 30 year old kindergarten teacher babbling to her charges. She is cute, though...

www.paracay.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I forced myself to watch Palin on Hannity. Her performance reconfirmed my opinion that she is not Presidential material. She really needs a voice and vocabulary coach and maybe a few more semesters in a decent university.

I don't know how many times she used "you know" and "common sense". She comes across as a precocious 30 year old kindergarten teacher babbling to her charges. She is cute, though...

Yup, those must be the "necessary ingredients necessary to gain office" that sse was referring to in an earlier post.

The problem with that half-azzed reasoning is that the current incumbent seems to possess those qualities and look what we've got!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You just said that you mind was made up before you �forced� yourself to watch Palin.
That says a quite a lot�.

�She really needs a voice and vocabulary coach and maybe a few more semesters in a decent university.�

That is condescending and patronizing to FOX news people who know a lot more than you do about successful TV analysis.
FOX people do not over use phrases or they would not be FOX people.
Sarah�s ratings on FOX prove you to be the one who is wrong.

I am still waiting for the first coherent answer from anyone as to how someone as bad as Sarah continues to do so well on the highest rated cable news network.

And you also insulted the people of Idaho and their University.

��a precocious 30 year old kindergarten teacher babbling to her charges.�

That is insulting to all kindergarten teachers of any age, anywhere, including my wife.

Nice going.

One more thing:

You may not like the folksy speech patterns of Sarah Palin, but she does not talk and has not written anything that is condescending or patronizing or insulting.

You and Sarah Palin live in different worlds.

That is a bigger problem for you than for Sarah.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The problem with that half-azzed reasoning is that the current incumbent seems to possess those qualities and look what we've got!

OK, I'll try and give you the benefit of the doubt without...just forget it.

Yeah, "those qualities" are what get people elected. "those qualities" are what got Bammy elected. "those qualities" are what a good conservative candidate needs to get elected. "those qualities" are what Palin doesn't have. She could have grown into this better, such as making a run for the Senate. What Spano says is exactly why I can't watch the woman. If by some miracle she can get a clue, or chill, or do something to make her "flat screen" appeal improve, just maybe....? She needs help, and she's not improving, Rove is right about that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
maybe you and Spanky need to become part of her advisory team. O, probably wouldn't hire libs for that job. Bad idea.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry, I put you back on ignore...LOL

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Appealing to the Fox crowd is not going to get her much past a primary or two.

Any candidate must appeal to a much larger electorate than those of us who are Foxfans.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How come you keep peekin'??

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by sse
OK, first of all I remember at least two of her candidates did not win. How much do the successful ones owe to her, specifically? Hard to gauge.

I don't think she handles a hostile interviewer very well. I'll bet she's mulled over a hundred times how to better respond during that interview, but you don't get a second chance. It's a matter of thinking on one's feet. Some politicians are very good at it, while actually making a good point (versus those that BS and just change the subject). She stumbled. I'm not stuck in 2008, but I don't see much improvement since then, is the problem. I didn't see the vid of her last night. Maybe I'll watch some more of her, but lately I haven't been going out of my way, because it's too disappointing.

I have seen her on Fox and wish she could do a better job of conveying her message. She keeps repeating her "common sense" phrase and it just doesn't work, IMHO.

My point about the Tea Party is that they will never have genuine support from establishment Repubs, because many of them are part of the problem that the TP is trying to correct, they're afraid and insulted by the TP, so the best they will do is lip service. Can the TP push through that and field more winning candidacies? I hope so.

The Tuscon crisis took a lot of wind out of Boehner's sails, hopefully just temporarily. And I wouldn't be surprised if that bump in the polls becomes more than a temporary spike. If the economy doesn't start dipping again, Obama's approval numbers will stabilize, because there have been many polls in the last year and a half showing he is well-liked even if his policies aren't.

Thanks for the thoughtful and reasoned response.

I will try and do the same.

First of all, Palin�s rate of successful endorsements hit between 70 to 80% depending on who was counting. And of course, how much help she was to each candidate varied.

At the top of the list, I would put Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina. She was about 20 points behind before Palin rode into town and ahead shortly after Palin rode out.
Haley herself, has given Palin a lot of the credit for her come from behind win.
South Carolina is huge for the Repubs in the primaries and the election.

Bottom line:
The Dems and their man Obama lost a landslide.
The Tea Party and their gal Palin won a landslide.

Hostile interviews are one thing, but 5 minute of bad stuff edited out of several hours of good stuff and the other side always gets their best 5 minutes is a rigged game.
And for some to keep going back to that interview, give no credit for great interviews, and ignore or play down the blunders by the other side is a rigged game.

Sarah has to and will do tough interviews after she declares and joins the race, but then she will have her own team watching her back and there will be better rules when she plays.

As I have OP and opined before, lots of new rules for this next fight and nobody understands them better than Palin.

I agree completely with you about the lack of RINO support for the Tea Party.
That lack of support goes for Palin too, but she is used to that.
In Alaska, the establishment Repubs fought her tooth and nail.
They lost. Palin won.

Obama's approval numbers may always be higher than he deserves. Due to his base support.

But his agenda lost the middle and the election last year and I don�t see how things can improve enough to save him next time. Jobs, jobs, jobs.
It is ironic that what success the Tea Party House can pull off��helps Obama.
But that won�t be enough.
Obama may already be trying to pull a Clinton and move center, but he has further to go then Clinton did.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (35, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 5 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 760 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.