Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hanitty was pimping her again tonight after throwing her softball after softball last night. I fear she will get chewed up and spit out when some real interviewer gets to her. It won't be on Fox and it won't be pretty but it will happen if she runs.

Just because she scores with us Foxfans means absolutely nothing in the Big Picture.

Last edited by Spanokopitas; 01/18/11.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Recess time again for the short bus crowd.

You're giving yourself a time out huh?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sse
The problem with that half-azzed reasoning is that the current incumbent seems to possess those qualities and look what we've got!

Yeah, "those qualities" are what get people elected. "those qualities" are what got Bammy elected. "those qualities" are what a good conservative candidate needs to get elected. "those qualities" are what Palin doesn't have.

Again, you missed the point either intentionally, or simply because you are unable to grasp simple logic............but whatever!

Let me try again...........baby style:

If Obama possessed the qualities you cite as "necessary to be elected" and he failed miserbly (which he obviously has) then one would have to question whether those "qualities" were the ones that were actually needed wouldn't they?

In other words, if you follow a certain receipe for baking a cake and it turns out tasting like schit, then it's obvious that the receipe is flawed somewhere..........no?

Anyone that would bake another cake using the same receipe would have to be insane wouldn't they?

Insanity: �doing the same thing and expecting different results".

But of course YMMV.........

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I don't know how anyone of reasonable intelligence could say BHO has failed; he got most of his legislative agenda passed and still enjoys a near 50% approval rating. His party controls the Senate, the White House, the MSM, and the vast Federal bureaurocracy.

Those who underestimate and belittle their enemy afford him a great advantage.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't know how anyone of reasonable intelligence could say BHO has failed; he got most of his legislative agenda passed and still enjoys a near 50% approval rating. His party controls the Senate, the White House, the MSM, and the vast Federal bureaurocracy.

I suppose it depends how you define 'success' doesn't it? Jimmy Carter consider himself one of the most 'successful' presidents ever based on similar agenda.
Some of us (with below average intelligence apparently) consider 'failure' by a president, enacting policies and pushing agendas which damage the country and weaken it's future. Based on that, Barry and Jimmy are both MISERABLE failures! Or very successful failures, again, depending on your preference.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

I suppose it depends how you define 'success' doesn't it? Jimmy Carter consider himself one of the most 'successful' presidents ever based on similar agenda.
Some of us (with below average intelligence apparently) consider 'failure' by a president, enacting policies and pushing agendas which damage the country and weaken it's future. Based on that, Barry and Jimmy are both MISERABLE failures! Or very successful failures, again, depending on your preference.
Damaging America topped both their agendas, so they both succeeded in their presidential goals.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Obama got very little of his agenda passed except for Obamacare and it is doomed.
Cap and trade?
Where are the jobs?
If they don�t find them in the next 18 months, Obama will lose the Senate, the White House, the MSM, and the vast Federal bureaurocracy.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145664/B...m_term=Americas%20-%20Politics%20-%20USA

Palin's 38% favorable rating is her lowest (by two percentage points) since she became a well-known political figure after the 2008 Republican national convention, and her 53% unfavorable rating is her worst by a point. Palin has been a central figure in the recent debate over whether political rhetoric -- including hers -- was partly behind the Tucson shootings. Last week, she responded to these allegations by posting a much-publicized video response on the Internet. The recent news has not done much to change Americans' opinions of Palin, though.

Implications

At the same time, Palin and Obama, two potential opponents in the 2012 presidential election, are now viewed quite differently by Americans, with Palin generally viewed unfavorably and Obama favorably. Palin's increasingly negative image suggests she would be in a relatively weak position for winning a national election unless opinions of her shift in a more positive direction over the coming year.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
" Palin's increasingly negative image suggests she would be in a relatively weak position for winning a national election unless opinions of her shift in a more positive direction over the coming year."

Some where in the Ozarks a Bowsinger weeps.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

She really needs a voice and vocabulary coach and maybe a few more semesters in a decent university.
Yes, clearly. This country would be MUCH better off with someone with the education credentials of... oh... say... heading Harvard's law review? Perhaps being a 'great orator' would be the iciing on the cake? Ah yes... now we're talking! THAT is what we need.
A little less book education and a lot more "common sense" and real world experience would go a long long way to getting this country back on the road to exceptionalism again.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Palin lives!

�Media Curves showed her [Palin] speech to 1,437 self-reported Democrats, Republicans and Independents between January 13-14. Her sincerity, believability, and likeability scores improved after the group of 1,437 self-reported Democrats, Republicans, and Independents viewed her speech.

A new national study among 1,437 self-reported Democrats, Republicans and Independents revealed that Americans indicated that Sarah Palin was more sincere and believable after viewing her speech in response to the shootings in Tucson.
The study was conducted during January 13-14 by HCD Research and reported on its MediaCurves.com� website, to obtain Americans� perceptions of Sarah Palin after viewing a video of a speech she gave in response to the shootings in Tucson.
Respondents were asked to rate Sarah Palin on a scale from 1-7 regarding likeability, believability and sincerity, with 1 representing �not at all strong in this attribute� and 7 representing �extremely strong in this attribute.�
With the exception of likeability among Democrats, Palin�s attribute ratings increased among all parties after viewing her speech. The most notable increase was her sincerity ratings, which increased from 2.62 to 2.69 among Democrats, from 5.25 to 5.45 among Republicans and from 3.68 to 3.85 among Independents.

Here is the raw data. 81% of Republicans and 56% of independents concluded that the speech will help her image and 78% of Republicans and 54% of independents concluded that the speech will help her in a potential presidential run.�

Polls are like streetcars��you can always catch the next one.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Sorry, I'm afraid your comments are incoherent.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Polls are like streetcars��you can always catch the next one.

laugh

IMO Gallup does a decent job of trying to get it right and for the most part does tell it like it is.

"Tell it like it is, the rest is just opinion."

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Appealing to the Fox crowd is not going to get her much past a primary or two.

Any candidate must appeal to a much larger electorate than those of us who are Foxfans.

�one new rule that Morris throws into the game is FOX News�

�Now, in the Republican primaries, it will be different. The short list of contenders for the nomination will not be chosen in the early primaries. Iowa and New Hampshire will not impose their will on America. America will impose its will on Iowa and New Hampshire. The quarter finals will not be waged in the cornfields of Iowa or the former mill towns of New Hampshire. They will be held in the living rooms of America among the Fox News audience!

The share of the GOP electorate that watches Fox News has become so dominant that the early stages of the Republican nominating process will be held on its air waves. It is there - not in the early morning handshaking at factory gates in Iowa and New Hampshire - that we will meet the candidates and come to choose our favorites. About half of those who call themselves Republicans in the United States report that they watch Fox News every night and two-thirds say they watch it "several times a week or more." 46% of Independents also watch Fox News that frequently. Even 21% of Democrats say they watch several times a week or more.�

Fox News' market dominance among Republicans and Independents was not as evident in 2008 as it is today. Its growth in market share and ratings has been phenomenal. Now its impact is decisive in Republican primaries. In 2012, the Republicans and Independents that will choose the GOP nominee will be found watching O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Shep Smith, Bret Baer, Megyn Kelly, Steve Doocey, Brian Kilmeade, and Gretchen Carlson. It is on their shows that the early narrowing down process will take place. Day after day, we will see all the candidates on Fox News. Not just in debates, but in frequent appearances on the opinion and news shows on the network. We will watch how they handle themselves, we'll learn how they answer questions, and we'll come to our decision. As such, the Republican nominating process will come to resemble American Idol where we watch them perform and vote on who we like the best.

Then, we will tell pollsters who we have come to like and who we don't. They will record our views every few weeks and, through this process, front runners will emerge, candidates will surge, leaders will fall back and the winnowing out will take place.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I like and respect Morris's opinions and always take them under advisement.

I still stand by my prediction that Romney will be the nominee. I could be wrong but more likely I'll be right.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sse

Sorry, I'm afraid your comments are incoherent.

Well, all I can say is there are smart babies and then there are the stupid ones.........ya' know?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

"Here is the raw data. 81% of Republicans and 56% of independents concluded that the speech will help her [Palin's] image and 78% of Republicans and 54% of independents concluded that the speech will help her in a potential presidential run.�

Her image needs a lot of help.

www.paracay.com

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,880
Posts18,479,095
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.