Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Some of the highlights from a post by Mike Metroulas Jan 19th 2011

Is Palin Done? They Wish

Sarah Palin�s detractors in the media are certainly prone to wishful thinking concerning the Cuda�s potential as the Republican nominee in 2012. Since Palin�s statement on the Tucson tragedy, some have written her off as a serious contender for the Republican nomination. Doyle McManus states in the LA Times that:

�she�s not going to be her party�s presidential nominee.

I disagree, Mr. McManus.

As of now, if she wants it, it is hers.

Of course, that may change, but a Palin run for the nomination would unleash a grassroots fury of support unseen on the right for a Republican presidential nominee in recent memory, and her detractors know it.

Why else would much of the mainstream media be scrambling so often to convince independents that Palin isn�t viable?
Plus, many of these people just do not like Palin and what she stands for, which is a pragmatic, principled view of government and fierce American individualism. Mainstream media types generally prefer theorizing about complex strategies and solutions to problems that were most likely created by over-theorizing in the first place. It�s how they were trained in academia and sometimes they just can�t help it.
However, life isn�t complicated, and Sarah Palin knows it.
[�]
�Palin is not linked in any way to the Tucson tragedy� except by the manufactured, desperate link created in the media that had one intended purpose: to demonize Palin personally, something Palin certainly did not do regarding Gabrielle Giffords.
[�]
Did Palin talk about how evil Giffords is? No.
Did she call Giffords the �Worst Person in the World� or say she was an accessory to murder?
Why didn�t the media go after Chris Matthews or Olbermann or Ed Schultz? Aren�t they pretty abrasive?
[�]
That�s the key difference between what Palin did and what some in the media did. It�s a question of intent and motivation.
They don�t seem to understand that.
[�]
The appeal of Palin is illuminated by many of the images/perceptions of both her and President Obama.

Palin the badass hunts, fishes, climbs mountains, shoots caribou, rides in small planes; the Democrats are represented by Obama, a man who flinches while watching a judo exhibition and wears a safety helmet for a leisurely bike ride.

Fair or not, this perception exists.

Palin is Theodore Roosevelt in a size 6 suit, American flag pin, and some kick ass black leather boots.
Obama is an academic who looks uncomfortable in jeans, throws like a girl, and can�t name his alleged baseball heroes from childhood

Again, seemingly superficial stuff, but appearances go a long way in America and can be especially ineffective when they seem contrived or overly effeminate.

Hillary Clinton wanted to look like a badass when she slammed that shot of whiskey.
I won�t lie; I thought it was cool. She seemed like she�d done that before.
[�]
The core question I�d like answered is this: What is the purpose of this witch hunt if it�s not to rile people up against Sarah Palin?
If she�s so damn irrelevant, then this effort can�t be political, can it?
Lambasting her on national television, saying she is responsible for murder is inexcusable and it�s personal.
[�]
She done kicked your asses, boys and girls, all while expressing mainstream American principles that will make her the nominee in 2012, should she decide to run.

If she doesn�t run, I hope she toys with the idea for the next several elections.
Watching these hissy fits, which utterly destroy any small shred of credibility the mainstream media has left, is quite entertaining.
I just hope they don�t occur under such tragic circumstances from here on out.
I think we can all agree on that.

This proxy war she�s waged with the mainstream media over the last year or so is a shrewd move.
Not only does it keep her name front and center in the media, but she�s also honing her rhetorical chops while boning up on all her policy behind the scenes.
The real battles don�t take place for quite some time and she knows it.
Any rumor of her demise is premature, especially considering her trademark tenacity. She�s laying deep down in the weeds, ready to strike.

Chalk up another win for the Sarahcuda.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not in my book , i love the woman and she has my support all the way.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our little local rag has a woman owner and editor and she mentions in every editoral she writes just how dumb Sarah is. Most time the article has nothing to do with Sarah but she throws that in anyway. She is a big Bill Clinton fan too. Does anybody see a pattern here? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Not in my book , i love the woman and she has my support all the way.

Likewise. At least 1000 percent but just wait until sse and Spanky, not to mention a dozen other members see this. I think they are on the payroll of the libs.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
At some point in time Sara will have to step out of the world of tweets and facebook and canned Fox interviews. Some here may think she'll do well.....and she won't do as bad as the McCain days...but she WILL NOT COME ACCROSS AS PRESIDENTIAL MATERIAL.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"Of course, that may change, but a Palin run for the nomination would unleash a grassroots fury of support unseen on the right for a Republican presidential nominee in recent memory, and her detractors know it."

Where was that groundswell in 2008?

I don't see it. I wish they'd stop pushing her, she's the best chance we have of getting Obama re-elected.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I'll say it again, it's still way too early to making any predictions about the 2012 presidential race. Sarah still has yet to decide if she is throwing her hat in the the ring or not.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
she's the best chance we have of getting Obama re-elected

No, that would be if McCain decides to run again. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by burner
"Of course, that may change, but a Palin run for the nomination would unleash a grassroots fury of support unseen on the right for a Republican presidential nominee in recent memory, and her detractors know it."

Where was that groundswell in 2008?

I don't see it. I wish they'd stop pushing her, she's the best chance we have of getting Obama re-elected.

According to Nielsen Media Research, almost 39 million Americans watched McCain deliver his acceptance speech, while 37 million watched Palin the night before.

Dittoes for her debate with Biden and everything Sarah has done since.
No VP candidate has very done anything that comes close.

The best chance to reelect Obama is to run Romney or some other RINO that loses the Tea Party vote.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I just find her to be too polarizing. I feel it'd be the same as if the Dems ran Hilary. People either love or hate her, no middle ground.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let the clowns keep thier focus on Sarah , they are rabid over her LOL

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks, I was starting to feel like the only person around here who doesn't "Get" the whole Palin fetish.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by M1894
Let the clowns keep thier focus on Sarah , they are rabid over her LOL

Rush Limbaugh on his radio show:

I don�t care what you think about this woman. I don�t care what you think about her parking lot possibilities, qualifications, or any of that.
But I just have to tell you, I don�t know of anybody in the political arena who has been more impugned, libeled, slandered, ripped, mis-characterized. It has been vicious, personally vicious and merciless, and she appears untainted by it.

In fact, she has risen above it.

And as you know, our party is filled with people who just cave at the first sign of this. And they try to make peace with the critics. �Oh, no, no, no! Don�t think of me that way. I�m nice!� She has not done that at all. So whatever else you think of Sarah Palin, folks, you have to marvel at how she has dealt with this and risen above it, not become bitter by it � and it just continues, and it increases in its intensity.

In radio it doesn't matter how many people hate you. Politics you can't win with people hating you. You just can't and so it's an entirely different mind-set that you have to have in dealing with this kind of criticism when you're in politics -- and the moment, the moment you act affected by it and the moment you respond to it they just pounce on you as not having character, not having the steel spine, not having the ability to deal with it.

That's where she has totally befuddled them. She's gotten stronger throughout all this.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Palin is Theodore Roosevelt in a size 6 suit, American flag pin, and some kick ass black leather boots.

Sadly, I know you are serious about that statement. The rest of us are laughing when we aren't crying. For damn sure, she ain't no Teddy Roosevelt.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, but she looks better in a bikini! grin

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RAS2
Yeah, but she looks better in a bikini! grin

Indeed, one thing we can all agree with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You silly boys are so funny.

Rassmussen on Palin.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aw shucks.... I thought you had a pic of her in the bikini. grin

Hey do they wear them in Alaska?? Now that's perky!! laugh

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's the beauty of all this bickering...we don't need to all agree. I think if she runs in 2012, the fact that she will win is all that matters --- her critics' hissyfits will just take a different tack. I'll vote for her because I haven't seen anyone better to vote for, and hissyfits don't sway me much.

If anything, attacks like we see on her family and her lifestyle just make me want to support her that much more. The attacks I see on her character are based on fear of what she represents: the millions of silent Americans that are fed up with the status quo.

She is very much out in the public's eye, and that's more than I can say for any candidate from either party lately. I've never known a presidential hopeful that was so exposed to all of America and has done so well.
Show me something better...and wipe your chin.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
She won't win - unless, maybe, just maybe, she starts showing up in that bikini. An ittsy-bittsy, yellow polka-dot bikini and no less.

Lots of people are in the public eye - like so much sand. Take just about any other politician.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 1minute, 257robertsimp, 55 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,897
Posts18,518,402
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.