Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Back to beer.

I'm digging some French Canadian stuff I picked up.... La Fin Du Monde. One of the better Canuck brews I've had. 9% alc....this ain't Budweiser piss water.

Also in my fridge right now are Radeberger Pils, Czechvar Pils and some Sam Adams Lager.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn FB we don't got no stinking cold here at Offutt!!! whistle

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's about 13� here now. I hear it is going to hit 18� shocked

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
for example over summer all i drink is ice cold, miller lite, coors lite,or budweiser select

I can't drink that swill at any time. Pilsner Urquell is light beer for me.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

mathman:

I'll tip an Urquell myself from time to time.

Ever try a German pilsner called Jever? I can recommend it.

- Tom

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've seen the tap handle, but I don't recall trying it. Is it in the dry, north German style?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Damn FB we don't got no stinking cold here at Offutt!!! whistle

Shyt, since at any one time 40% of my AFSC was at SAC HQ back in the day, half the people I worked with had gone through Offutt. Their stories of winter were enough for me. wink

I went into my division OIC at Wright Pat, a full bird colonel and told him.... "Sir, I'll go to Howard, Beale, Hickam, MacDill or any tropical special duty station you want to send me, but I can't do Offutt.....

A month later I was in the reserves back in Florida.... LOL

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had Jever right from Germany. It is a decent beer. Much like all the other German Pilsners......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amber Bock is my go to "lite" beer! smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what pisses me off is that i cant get my favorite beer of all time around here for some reason . which would be the one and only Yeungling lager http://www.yuengling.com/our_beer/

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

mathman:

Don't know enough about German styles to be helpful in a comparo, but my favorite wine shop will crack a bottle of beer to let customers taste. The sales guy said it would taste "grassy". It did, if that helps you. (I bought some on the spot.)

Lots of flavor. Around here, it'll run about twice the cost of Urquell, so I only have it once in a while. I haven't had it from the tap.

- Tom

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lmartin
what pisses me off is that i cant get my favorite beer of all time around here for some reason . which would be the one and only Yeungling lager http://www.yuengling.com/our_beer/

The're rapidly expanding and importing to new areas, I would ask a distributer around your area if they could get some. my cousin just got his local beer store in Ok to get it on a mounthly basis so I don't see why mizzou would be a problem unless they have some weird lcb laws.

If you really need some and want to pay the freight I'll be glad to send you some! As this is our local brewery there is at least 3 different yuengling taps in every bar. I'm about lagered out, though I thoroughly enjoy one from time to time. The black and tan is damn good beer IMO and at 12.99 for a case of pounders you can't go wrong!

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pa_gus
Originally Posted by lmartin

The're rapidly expanding and importing to new areas, I would ask a distributer around your area if they could get some. my cousin just got his local beer store in Ok to get it on a mounthly basis so I don't see why mizzou would be a problem unless they have some weird lcb laws.

If you really need some and want to pay the freight I'll be glad to send you some! As this is our local brewery there is at least 3 different yuengling taps in every bar. I'm about lagered out, though I thoroughly enjoy one from time to time. The black and tan is damn good beer IMO and at 12.99 for a case of pounders you can't go wrong!
Thanks for that info i will definately check with my local distributor. I never thought of that blush. I will definately keep your offer in mind and if i cant get anybody local to get it i will look into the cost of freight shipping and go from there.

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mako25
..... Schlitz on tap at Shakey's pizza.

Wow, did you knock the cobwebs off long-faded memories (and really date yourself). >grin<

I'm thinking Pizza Hut had it for awhile as well, but I've been wrong before, I don't mind telling you.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've heard much about this beer but have never tried it. What is it's closest comparable. Short of driving to PA or ordering it online I will never see it. We have too many big breweries (The Detroit and Milwaukee breweries) near me to allow anymore. Not to mention all the other smaller and local ones.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guinness or Amber Bock.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Pete:

Tell us what you like. We'll give you a selection of craft beers to try when you come over. (Bud and Coors are not beer. I would call them fermented grain beverages.)

Personally, I favor Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, an IPA, and Three Floyd's Robert the Bruce Scottish style ale.

Not available everywhere in the US, but you can find Dogfish Head just about anywhere.
- Tom

Tom/Teal,

From time to time, we used to have US Troops working with us and there was always a lot of good natured ribbing over beer. We'd say the stuff they brought from the PX was as weak as knats p1ss and they would give us a hard time over "warm British beer"..

I don't drink that much these days, but when I do, I prefer a pint of traditional bitter over the bottled lagers that are now the fashion...

In summer, if the weathers warm and I am working outside, a glass of cool dry cider (preferably proper brewed-on-the-farm scrumpy) or perry (pear cider) goes down a treat...

Last edited by Pete E; 01/22/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pete,
I was wondering why Europeans drink their beer warm?

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You boys sho' do have fancy taste in beer. I mean it's just beer after all. smile

Been thinking about making my own simply to know how. Just in case SHTF ya' know!

Maybe I'll make some of that Indian Whiskey.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAS2
Pete,
I was wondering why Europeans drink their beer warm?

Apart from "mulled" beer which you don't see very often these days, its not really warm, but just not super cold...The reason is that if you chill food or drink right down,it simply masks the flavour/taste...

Also, historically, pubs wouldn't have had refrigeration ect, and the beer would have been served at the temp of the cellar where the casks were kept..

These days, most most pubs have chilled beer lines, but usually lager is still served older than bitter. That said there is a fad for chilled Guiness these days, so part of it is fashion as much as anything..

Last edited by Pete E; 01/22/11.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,122
Posts18,522,927
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.