Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brinky72
I've heard much about this beer but have never tried it. What is it's closest comparable. Short of driving to PA or ordering it online I will never see it. We have too many big breweries (The Detroit and Milwaukee breweries) near me to allow anymore. Not to mention all the other smaller and local ones.
i would say Amber Bock would be pretty close to the Yeungling lager original, now the yeungling black and tan kinda has a flavor of its own,some people say the taste of it needs to grow on ya but i liked it instantly, the lord chesterfield ale is kind of a bitter-sweet flavor,[its the only yeungling product i dont really care for]the yeungling lager light is very good to me it tastes just like the original but it doesnt fill you up as fast, thats about all i can tell you because the other yeungling products i have not had the pleasure of sampling yet.

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pete,

Thanks for the info. I had also heard drinking beer at room temp helps prevent hangovers. When it's cold and you drink it the rapid change in temp helps cause a hangover.

Don't know how much truth there is to it but heard Europeans don't get many hangovers.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

From time to time, we used to have US Troops working with us and there was always a lot of good natured ribbing over beer.

You have to remember, these are GI's we're talking about. Mostly young, and awfully dumb about the likes of beer..

My SIL lives in Oceanside California, very close to a Marine Corps playground.. She even married one.. Well, one year we were visiting, and I needed a reload of the hotel room fridge. I made the mistake of going to one of the closest liqour stores to the post. I go in and they had about a mile of Budweiser Lite in a cooler. Then another mile of Coors Light next to it... And then way down in the bottom corner they had a couple of sixpacks of Heinekin and Coronas with spider webs all over them..

I did the right thing and traveled up the road a few miles to find a bit better selection..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leinie's current seasonal beer, 1888 Bock, is pretty tasty.

JEff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lmartin
Originally Posted by brinky72
I've heard much about this beer but have never tried it. What is it's closest comparable. Short of driving to PA or ordering it online I will never see it. We have too many big breweries (The Detroit and Milwaukee breweries) near me to allow anymore. Not to mention all the other smaller and local ones.
i would say Amber Bock would be pretty close to the Yeungling lager original, now the yeungling black and tan kinda has a flavor of its own,some people say the taste of it needs to grow on ya but i liked it instantly, the lord chesterfield ale is kind of a bitter-sweet flavor,[its the only yeungling product i dont really care for]the yeungling lager light is very good to me it tastes just like the original but it doesnt fill you up as fast, thats about all i can tell you because the other yeungling products i have not had the pleasure of sampling yet.

good stuff! I have to get mine bootlegged in frown

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Mickey's! :

http://www.mickeys.com/Default.aspx

Leave in the trunk of the car a couple weeks and then re-chill it for a true skunky flavor!

Better in a 40 but the wide mouths let you chug it before it hits your taste buds

The Mean Green!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAS2

Don't know how much truth there is to it but heard Europeans don't get many hangovers.

I wish there was even a grain of truth in that, but when I was younger and more foolish, I've had hangovers that would slay an elephant!

Along similar lines, I've heard said that traditional ale's cause a less of a hangover than modern bottled lagers as the later has more chemicals added..Again, hangover wise, they both affect me the same and it was the quantity that was the major killer...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the day, that was good stuff to sex up the girls.. That was before they invented cheerleader beer..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Loved the wide mouth barrel shaped bottles!!

Folks used to ask me how far I lived outside town and I'd reply---"oh about a 6 pack of Mickeys away."

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

You have to remember, these are GI's we're talking about. Mostly young, and awfully dumb about the likes of beer..

My SIL lives in Oceanside California, very close to a Marine Corps playground.. She even married one.. Well, one year we were visiting, and I needed a reload of the hotel room fridge. I made the mistake of going to one of the closest liqour stores to the post. I go in and they had about a mile of Budweiser Lite in a cooler. Then another mile of Coors Light next to it... And then way down in the bottom corner they had a couple of sixpacks of Heinekin and Coronas with spider webs all over them..

I did the right thing and traveled up the road a few miles to find a bit better selection..

I know what your saying...many of them were young and on their first trip outside the US..Over here, they'd hit the NAFFI and go for the premium extra strong bottled lagers and would be wasted after about 4 bottles!

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In on particular order:

Smithwicks
Guinness
Moose Drool
Ommegang

there are others.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boys just got the fever!!! grin

[Linked Image]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pete E,

When I get to your side of the pond again I'm looking forward to some Caledonia 80-.

Cheers!

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm having a Sam Adams Imperial stout now. I also have some Pilsner Urquell, Spaten Optimor, Spaten Premium, and a Sam Adams lager in my little fridge.

Like FlyboyFlem, I got expensive tastes. blush

Pete, I miss bitters and some of the pub ales over there in the East Anglia area.

My last Europe trip I walked through the lobby of the Bangor Me. Westin Inn singing the beer run song while pushng a luggage cart loded with two cases of Czech Bud and four cases of German wine.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spotted cow by New Glarus. especially with food.

Alaskan Amber aint bad either..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I drink Water. Created the day the Earth was made. I also drink Tea made from plants that were created the day the Earth was made.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I drink Water. Created the day the Earth was made. I also drink Tea made from plants that were created the day the Earth was made.

Isn't Beer made from water and plants that were created the day the earth was made? or am I missing something?

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a beer story that i really enjoy.
Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were:

1. The invention of beer, and

2. The invention of the wheel.

The wheel was invented to get man to the beer, and the beer to the man.

These facts formed the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals

2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered , it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery.That�s how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to BBQ at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ�s and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men.

Some noteworthy Liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and group hugs, the evolution o f the Hollywood actor, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide all the meat and beer that Conservatives provided.

Over the years, Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern Liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard Liberal fare.

Another interesting evolutionary side note:
most Liberal women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are Liberals.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboy s, firemen, lumberjacks, construction workers, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the Liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for
nothing.

Here ends today�s lesson in world history.

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers, and to more Liberals��.
just to piss them off.
I don�t really consider myself a lib or a con so please don�t shoot the messenger:

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I'm having a Sam Adams Imperial stout now. I also have some Pilsner Urquell, Spaten Optimor, Spaten Premium, and a Sam Adams lager in my little fridge.

Like FlyboyFlem, I got expensive tastes. blush

Pete, I miss bitters and some of the pub ales over there in the East Anglia area.

My last Europe trip I walked through the lobby of the Bangor Me. Westin Inn singing the beer run song while pushng a luggage cart loded with two cases of Czech Bud and four cases of German wine.

Good taste... but you know you can get Budvar (Czechvar) here in the U.S. without lugging it back from the fatherland? wink

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having one of these right now. Tastes a lot like Sierra Nevada pale ale. Maybe a tad better.......

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/225

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 15,995 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,201
Posts18,543,580
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.