Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I drink Water. Created the day the Earth was made. I also drink Tea made from plants that were created the day the Earth was made.

Historically, ale was drunk in the UK as the water wasn't safe..I'm talking about way back when water borne illnesses weren't really understood and before tea and coffee had been discovered.

What they did know was that people who drank ale didn't get sick, so it was drank pretty much like we drink tea or coffee today..There is even records of ale being served to pupils at the earliest boarding schools.

Apparently these were an everday ale's, fairly low in strength, with "real" ales being served in taverns ect being akin to our premium strength lagers today.

Of course we know understand that it was the brewing process that made the ale safe to drink, where as ordinary water would have carried who knows what bugs..

Last edited by Pete E; 01/22/11.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have several different Diamond Bears(made in Arkansas),New Belgium,North Coast,Bell,Boulevard,Sierra Nevada,Goose Lake,and several others in my beer fridge.Latest finds include Dead Guy Ale,Old Rasputin Russian Stout,Kilt Lifter,and Dark Truth Stout.Currently working on a bigger beer fridge.Most of you guys have excellent taste! Lightman Oh yeah,have at least three different Shiners.

lightman
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Foxbat, thanks for the info. With a C-130 there was plenty room for the beverages. I took the beer and wine into the hotel that one and only time because the temp the night we stayed in Bangor was really cold. eek

I'm retired now (2002) so I'll keep an eye open for the Czechvar. wink

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 01/22/11.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like Turbodog by Abita Brewing, a Cajun beer. Also liberate a fair amount of Leinie's.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Foxbat, thanks for the info. With a C-130 there was plenty room for the beverages. I took the beer and wine into the hotel that one and only time because the temp the night we stayed in Bangor was really cold. eek

I'm retired now (2002) so I'll keep an eye open for the Czechvar. wink

It's been one of my favorite beers for decades. First time I had it was at Templehof AB. They served it in the little bowling alley that was in the hangar/building. Got hooked on it.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blatz wink grin

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Skeezix
I like Turbodog by Abita Brewing, a Cajun beer. Also liberate a fair amount of Leinie's.

+1 on both

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Currently on the Kegerator--WINTER SKAL, Capitol Brewing Co. Madison, WI

Slainte'

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Leinie's Creamy Dark here...

Creamy Dark is one of my favorites. I really wanted to try Big Eddy, still bummed that I couldn't find it around here.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Really surprised more of us here aren't making our own.

Tried a Michelob Pale Ale last night. Was okay, better than the usual but not nearly as good as something from New Glarus or Titletown. Drank my last Apple Ale too. I need to make a Woodman's run today....

Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm a IPA slut. But haven't met to many beers I don't like.

So many great beers available in the U.S. today it's silly, and only getting better.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Mickey's! :

http://www.mickeys.com/Default.aspx

Leave in the trunk of the car a couple weeks and then re-chill it for a true skunky flavor!

Better in a 40 but the wide mouths let you chug it before it hits your taste buds

The Mean Green!

DOOOD!!! Mickey's??? .... Retccchhh. sick wink

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Creamy Dark is one of my favorites. I really wanted to try Big Eddy, still bummed that I couldn't find it around here.
I still have about 6-7 bottles.. I limit myself to one/week... Hehehehee..

That's what I'd call a 'sippin'' beer..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Creamy Dark is one of my favorites. I really wanted to try Big Eddy, stilbummed that I couldn't find it around here.
I still have about 6-7 Ebottles.. I limit myself to one/week... Hehehehee..

That's what I'd call a 'sippin'' beer..

Next time they make a run of it I'm gonna call a buddy who works for the local distributor and see if he can help me get some.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Over the past year I did a lil traveling around the states, had some really good beer up around West point, had yuengling and some Adirondack brewing company as well as some others that I drank too much of to remember! Over Christmas was in the Seattle area and my BIL had quite a bit from Scuttlebutt brewing company that was pretty darn good. Had to have some Ranier too for old time sakes.
Really been enjoying alot of beer here in CO, like alot of the New Belgium stuff as well as Breckenridge Brewings stuff. Glad that we get Alaskan here now, since I got hooked on that when I was in WA in the 90's.

That being said I always have "garage" beer in stock for when I am working on the bike, either Pabst or Keystone. When I am working on the bike I like the cheap beer, cuz if I forget about it, I don't feel bad when I find it the next day!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I won't put the mileage on my liver and kidneys to drink a beer I care that little about.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Odells is one of my favorites from Colorado. Left Hand is a great brewery as well as Oskar Blues. Many others in CO. are putting out amazing beers. A target rich state for sure!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My ex was Bavarian. Many trips to her homeland "educated " me, (Beerwise at least).
Here's a few of my current favorites...
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good point.. BIL had a big bottle of some kind of Bavarian beer last time we were at their place..

Excellent stuff - and had quite a kick to it, IIRC..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I had a buddy in the airlines, and we used to take advantage of his travel benefits to take beer vacations in Munich.

One time we took another friend of ours, and after he returned he didn't drink much beer at all for more than a year. After having beer of that quality, truly fresh from the tap, often in the same building where it was made, he said he was really let down by the taste of just about everything over here.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 50 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,542
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.