Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by nemesis
Of course every landowner has the right to prohibit others from using his land.

But is it "right" in all cases for him to do so?

Only if he doesn't want you hunting on his land.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by smokepole

Only if he doesn't want you hunting on his land.

Directed to Nemesis.

The only thing I think you could hunt for on his land is a missing child, but even then he could refuse until law enforcement got involved. But I doubt very seriously that many would refuse that and even offer to help. There are always exceptions.

He is the owner of the land and all use rights came with the purchase except mineral rights unless he purchased those also. If you want to hunt on his land then purchase a hunting lease. See the pattern? If he doesn't want you to sell you that, then you still do not have any right or business hunting on his property.

Ever.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Fella's........
The landowner has the right to do this of course...............but is he "right" in doing it?
I don't know about the rest of you but he suckered me. Up until that post I thought he was serious. Since I'm pretty sure everyone's parents taught them that "two wrongs don't make a right" and if they were neglect and didn't, I'm pretty sure they still teach it in kindergarten, (I know my 8 year old has known it for years) this is OBVIOUSLY a joke.
Good one Nemesis.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Neme, if it's a joke, ok. If it's not, git yer head outta yer azz. The dude owns the property...not you. Where I come from, your attitude could get you shot....or at least arrested.

maddog

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Why am I not surprised that Nemesis has little to no respect for a landowners rights?

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has admitted to hunting on others property without permission, as if it were his right to do so.

Where is the funny in that?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

The landowner has the right to do this of course...............but is he "right" in doing it?

Doesn't matter what you or I think, it is his property so it is his choice. Agree with it, don't agree with it or think he belongs in a loony bin; it's his choice.

If someone has a pasture but no livestock in it does that mean the neighbor can put his livestock in there? I've heard of it happening. In one instance the livestock owners justification was "Well you wern't using it." Needless to say he didn't like going to the sale barn to buy his cattle back. He also has a lot of problems getting along with his neighbors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A property owner has every right to bar access to his property. Hwever,I have had 3 encounters with jerks who ATTEMPTED to throw me off of land that was NOT theirs. I don't play well with [bleep] so all 3 of these nearly turned violent. Tough luck for them if it did. I absolutely will NOT trespass,but if some crudbrain thinks that they can pull crap like that on me, I get downright hostile.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
A property owner has every right to bar access to his property. Hwever,I have had 3 encounters with jerks who ATTEMPTED to throw me off of land that was NOT theirs. I don't play well with [bleep] so all 3 of these nearly turned violent. Tough luck for them if it did. I absolutely will NOT trespass,but if some crudbrain thinks that they can pull crap like that on me, I get downright hostile.
Some of the relatives I spoke of earlier have some excellent deer hunting land just north of here. They stupidly let a couple of poor white trash families hunt there. The next thing you know, these assclowns were fighting over who got to hunt where, trying to run each other off, etc. A bud of mine's mom owns land right across from me that is the same-great hunting. She is feeble and people trespass on her land all the time. They have shot at each other back in there over who got to trespass in what spot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cole the jerks I had the encounters with OWNED the adjacent land. Some appear to push the envelope for all they can get..for free. Unfortunately a lot of folks may be perfectly in the right,but are NOT certain. One of the encounters:corner lot of 50 acres surrounded by State land. State land has a yellow blaze to define the boundaries. I was hunting the edge of a swamp on the state land when the jerk (I recognized him) came up and started to yell at me to get the hell off of HIS land. I would guess that 90% of folks may have done just that. Another encounter, 400 acres were purchased and duly posted AND the idiot proceeded to post a line that amounted to another 200 acres. Problem. That particular 200 acres belonged to a good friend of mine. When the idiot tried to throw me off of THAT land,I got downright mean. I would have liked to drill a hole in his face with a dull brace and bit.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hwever,I have had 3 encounters with jerks who ATTEMPTED to throw me off of land that was NOT theirs.

Whole other issue, something that is not uncommon, even in my limited experience.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tied together IMO. land greed comes out very quickly.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Why am I not surprised that Nemesis has little to no respect for a landowners rights?

Kinda makes you wonder how he got his handle..

But not wonder too much....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Indeed, some of the jackasses I'm speaking about are adjacent to my land. I'm sure they hunt on me whenever possible. They have one of their family in as a Game Warden now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
" You guys can be the judge of that!",......

Yup, and I'd venture that the current concencus is that you are a no-goodnick of the worst order.

A POACHER !,....and a TRESPASSING criminal.

Your post some time back about ravening around preying on those folks who had focused on self sufficiency confirmed that for me, back then.

You pretty much assured us there that you are also a back-shooting sneak.

BRrrrrr,

GTC

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

A large timber company adjoins me on the north. I have very good relations with them. Technically they cannot give me permission to hunt on them and I don't because I don't have to. But verbally they have said, "no problem".

I return the favor by allowing their employees access across my land and the use of an old cabin.

Around here poaching is not a great problem. Dope growers who are usually armed and dangerous are another story.

I see that the criminal who generated all this heat seems to have retired from the fray. Has he recently been up on other strings?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

For example, if someone owns a hundred acres of vacant and unused property and he is approached by a responsible person who politely asks to hunt there and is willing to provide him with their name, address and other landowner references................. he has the right to approve or deny the request of course, but is he "right" to do so?

Yes

If a landowner gets a crop damage permit from the state to kill deer that are damaging his crops, he has the right to kill as many as he wants, but is he "right" in denying hunters permission to do the same?

Yes

If a landowner get a special tax exemption from the state to set aside a portion of his land for conservation purposes, it's his right to prohibit hunting on this property, but is he "right" in barring hunters that may be subsidizing his tax credit from using the land?

Yes

If hunters work their butts off (and pay through licensing fees) to re-introduce various game species into the wild (i.e. turkeys, ducks, grouse, elk etc.), the landowner has the right to prohibit hunters from taking these animals on his land, but is he "right" in doing so?

Yes

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hi Fella's........

I just got home and happened to see this schit storm that got started and thought I'd better get my two cents in here before someone shows up at my door with a hangman's noose.

First of all I'd like to state for the record that trespassing on posted land is WRONG and should not be tolerated under any circumstances!

And yes I also agree that technically if one trespasses on someone's land for the purpose of taking game this can be viewed as a form of poaching.

However........and it's a big however......I do believe that this issue is not as black and white as some would like it to be and............ because this is a hunting Forum, it's exactly the place where topics like this should be discussed and if need be, strongly debated.

Since much of the fury here seems to be centered around what a landowner's rights are, let's get right to it!

For example, if someone owns a hundred acres of vacant and unused property and he is approached by a responsible person who politely asks to hunt there and is willing to provide him with their name, address and other landowner references................. he has the right to approve or deny the request of course, but is he "right" to do so?

If a landowner gets a crop damage permit from the state to kill deer that are damaging his crops, he has the right to kill as many as he wants, but is he "right" in denying hunters permission to do the same?

If a landowner get a special tax exemption from the state to set aside a portion of his land for conservation purposes, it's his right to prohibit hunting on this property, but is he "right" in barring hunters that may be subsidizing his tax credit from using the land?

If hunters work their butts off (and pay through licensing fees) to re-introduce various game species into the wild (i.e. turkeys, ducks, grouse, elk etc.), the landowner has the right to prohibit hunters from taking these animals on his land, but is he "right" in doing so?

I could go on and on, but I hope you can see my point about the difference between the right to do something and doing the "right" thing.

It's apparent that I did a lousy job getting this point across in my now famous "Robin Hood" post and you guy's certainly kicked my azz for it.

Holy schit!

But my intent was simply to express the outright frustration felt by many hunters when they try to act responsibly and they are routinely denied access to land without ever receiving even the slightest explanation for why this action was taken.

You guys can be the judge of that!

I'm sure you'll promptly inform me of your decision... smirk

I pay taxes on both sides of the street.........doesnt give me the right to drive on both sides at the same time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he is a trespassor some would say a thief...

Not good... If I ask and you say "no" well I will take it anyway.

Not good IMO

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

I know he suggested it's not 'right' but what he really meant is...

[Linked Image]

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (257 roberts, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 160user, 21, 44 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,370
Posts18,527,370
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.