Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just so my intentions are clear, I just plain don't like Nemesis and his vitrol on every other thread is getting tiring. So consider this post made out of spite.

Poacher?

You decide.

Originally Posted by nemesis
Most of the towns around me have passed ordinances that prohibit hunting on private land without the owner's written permission.

Since many of the landowners will simply not grant permission to hunt on their property for various reasons (i.e. they are anti-hunting, they have accident liability concerns, selfishness etc.), I have developed what I call the "Robin Hood Approach."

I just take my bow and hunt their property anyhow!

In some cases (if the property is big enough) I hang a relatively cheap tree stand that I'm willing to sacrifice if necessary, but most of the time (after I have identified a high deer traffic location), I simply sneak onto the property before daylight, set up a natural ground blind and ambush them if I can.

I only take high kill probability shots (25 yards or less) where I can be assured of a quick recovery and most of the time I remove the deer from the property before gutting it.

Since a first time offense for trespassing here is a verbal warning and a $100 fine thereafter, the financial risk associated with using the Robin Hood Approach is minimal.

BTW...........I never hunt a piece of property that the landowner hunts himself nor will I ever encroach on another hunter's stand location under any circumstances.

I only select properties that normally go unused for months at a time and where the landowner has absolutely no idea I'm even out there.

What's that expression again...."no harm, no foul"?

I thing it applies very well here.......but as always............. YMMV.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Property_line_hunting_etiqu#Post4594441 [/quote]

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I dont think that is a poacher. Poacher is taking game out of season or non-game species, isnt it?

he is a trespassor.

No?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Number/4596056/what/showflat/fpart/5/q/1

Like I said, if a landowner posts his land and hunts it himself, I won't go anywhere near it without permission, nor will I ever encroach on another hunter under any circumstances.

However, if someone owns 50 acres of unused, prime whitetail habitat and they refuse to allow a bowhunter on their property after "a responsible, courteous and ethical hunter has asked them in the right way (read as being polite and offer to do some chores, etc., as a token of thanks, etc.)"..........ahh......well ya' know the Robin Hood Approach may be just what's necessary here.

After all, Robin wasn't such a bad guy was he?

And like Robin, I even donate a lot of the venison from the deer I kill to the poor.

Geesh, gimme a break will ya'?
[/color]

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4851147#Post4851147

If you want to explain to me why a landowner is justified in refusing a polite request to hunt on his vacant and otherwise unused property by a responsible individual (who is willing to provide references attesting to that fact) then we can go on from there............ or we can do it the hard way.

It's your choice!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always loved someone who figured it was their "right" to use someone else's property for their own gain.

Can't wait till I need a ride. I mean I'm an ethical, qualified and good driver - if he won't let me use his car, I think the "Gone in 60 Seconds" approach is called for.

Lord help him if I find him on my land.

Me

IC B2

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Number/4597999/what/showflat/fpart/9/q/1

For those short sighted people here that believe that it's OK for someone to post their land without ANY justification for doing so, I ask you this:

If the Federal government said that you could not own a firearm and took this action without "justification" would you comply and turn in your guns?

Or would you use something similar to the "Robin Hood Approach"?

Just sayin'.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just can't believe someone is stupid enough to admit to this on a public forum..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The justification to post is the fact I own the deed. [bleep] YOU if you think I need to justify anything more than that.

Get off your arse and buy your own if that's what you want or hunt public land.

Me

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
the definition of poach is ' to tresspass on'

look it up

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Entitlement attitude. It is everywhere you look. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wikipedia has a long list of ways to poach. One of them says it's taking game on closed land. Posted land is closed. Basically, poaching is taking game that's in any way illegal. So, if Nemesis is doing what the original post says, he's definitely a poacher.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
As far as I am concerned that is poaching. Not having landowner permission is one of my biggest pet peeves in hunting. And for the record, I'm not a land owner.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Poaching is STEALING game you have no right to. If it is another's land and they don't want hunters on it.........IT IS POACHING, BOTTOM LINE!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I don't know how someone can say that they are responsible, courteous
and ethical and then sneak onto someone else's property that they have been told not to be on.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pull that chitt on my place and you're gonna need more than your [bleep] bow and arrow.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If he is truly doing what he says and not just running his mouth trying to make himself look like a big shot moron, he is a poacher.

No if's, and's or but's about it.

And that disgusts me. mad

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've put great effort into running trespassers off of the properties that I hunt.
They are lowlife scumsucking theives.
Sooooo frustrating to pass up decent bucks with good potential, only to have some rat bastard sneak on to your property and poach them.
If the state is simply slapping poachers on the wrist for stealing bucks off of your property, then a severe ass kicking is in order.
In many states they finally got a clue as to what big game animals are worth and have adjusted penalties accordingly.
I like the "wildlife violators compact" where a convicted poacher is placed on a list prohibiting him from ever hunting in all of the states in the pact.
There are very few states not in that compact these days.
It's time to hunt the poachers.

Intersate wildlife violators compact

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/tabid/20979/Default.aspx

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jnyork
Pull that chitt on my place and you're gonna need more than your [bleep] bow and arrow.

I came damned close to spitting my coffee out when I read this. TFF!

Thanks,
Travis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Note to self:

Don't mess with Rex. (grin)

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well...Out here in Ca. on much/most of the national forest where I hunt, every other section is "owned" by private companies...Fruit Growers, Sierra Pacific, & others...most of the time, unless you're carrying a BLM map, you'll have absolutely no idea if you're "trespassing" or not. Down on the river, I know EXACTLY where the boundaries are, because I've filed claims in the past in certain sections I've wanted to work...one such claim bordered Sierra Pacific land & I contacted the "head cheese" up in Red Bluff to try & get "written permission" to access my claim so I could cross their land & satisfy one of the requirements required by the BLM minerals manager to get his approval for a "plan of operation"...he wouldn't do it. He verbally said they didn't mind but because of possible litigation problems if something happened, they wouldn't do it. Another problem even with the BLM maps is that the U.S. Forest Service & the BLM are always swapping sections or parcels between them & the lumber companies & you'll actually have to go to the county recorders office to look up the status or ownership if you want to be ABSOLUTELY sure you are not "trespassing"...when hunting though, I could give a chit less who "owns it" unless they actually have it posted "no trespassing"...I'd hazard a guess that many here out west have actually "trespassed" many times without actually knowing it...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 50 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,338
Posts18,526,811
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.