Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
anybody either buy one of these yet, or have a chance to fire one?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
anybody either buy one of these yet, or have a chance to fire one?

I would if there was one available to buy! I've had one ordered since August last year.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Been trying to order them from half a dozen distributors for months...might as well be looking for the goose that lays golden eggs...

Just a guess mind you, but no one had had much successs making a .22 mag semi-auto run...Im guessing Kel-Tec is going through the same "issues".....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
A guy bought one locally and shot the snot out of it.

Word of mouth says it's front rail bent a bit downward, but I've got no confirmation.

Another gun shop in Lousiana told me the quietly recalled them, but either way the rest of them haven't been shipped yet.

Spot

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Saw them at the SHOT Show this week... Very light and well balanced. They now have a carbine also that will be released in the fall.

The guns are out there... The first one to make it GunBroker sold for over $600.00....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out www.KTOG.org

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Check out www.KTOG.org

Dang! Looks like they are blowing up everwhere. May have to cancel my standing order.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allen, THANKS for that link! I have one of these in transit now from a trade with another member. I will use only WW 40gr ammo, (Which I have TONS of anyway....) Wally fart sells them for about $9.00 a box and they work well in all of my 22 MAgnums) And when I have opportunity and Kel Tech has an upgrade slide procedure I will then send it back for the new slide. Especially since when they get these back it seems as though they polish things up a tad at the same time. The purpose in life for mine will be a lightweight companion while bird hunting to take care of the occasional Coyote or other varmint that may show up while afield. Unloading a SBE and Re Loading with a Coyote load and then firing is slow and noisy enough that I have missed a number of opportunites. This ought to be the perfect gun for such! Looking forward to getting it and trying it out.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That's Fair_Chases link to which we are grateful.
I've never been a big lover of 22 Mags anyway, cause I enjoy reloading. My dream pistol would be one in a 22 Hornet or FN 5.67. I would have one of those FN 5.67 pistols if they weren't so butt ugly, expensive and proprietary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting, and I love 22 MAgnums because I now find relaoding to be too time consuming when shooting hundreds of rounds a day at rodents. Love loading for my big game guns and do load a lot of 222 and 223, but it is nice - in my world anyway - to shoot a big pile of squirrels and not have a bunch of loading to do.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I once owned a .22 Magnum Automag II.Made of steel.Nice looking and accurate as all get out.Another one of those "why did I sell that one?" deals.All I have heard of the Kel Tec ones is how they fly apart.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
I once owned a .22 Magnum Automag II.Made of steel.Nice looking and accurate as all get out.Another one of those "why did I sell that one?" deals.All I have heard of the Kel Tec ones is how they fly apart.

Stan in SC

+1! I have an Auto Mag in 45 Win Mag, and it is one of the most accurate pistol (other than the target pistols) I own. I've shot a friends .22 Mag Automag II and it was a great gun and thinned the jackrabbit and coyote population a good bit! Can you imagaine what a great gun that would be in the FN 5.7!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I suggest you try shooting a 5.7 FN. They shoot better than anything else I've tried in that weight range. And they hit alot harder than you'd think. I do understand that they are a touchy to reload round.
I may give that a try one day. I'd like some 45 gr. SP ammo for mine. E

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just want to know how well that hi-cap rimfire magazine works. I'd like to see that magazine design in a 22 LR from someone like Ruger or Browning. I love the 22 Mag in a lightweight rifle but prefer the 22 LR in a handgun.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Stan in SC

A friend had one of those. Never saw any problems with it but he ever shot it much. Always heard the rimmed .22 mag case caused problems. Why more so than a .22lr? I dunno.

Never was a Kel Tec fan as they seem to specialize in 'being afordable'. However, I hope some one buys one and posts about it. There is always hope Kel Tec gets it right.

O

Too old to suffer fools
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have a keltec & its the best pocket pistol iv ever seen.It has never ftf,never jams.The gun you have with you is better than all your full size guns in your toy box.They are a micro glock.my 32 auto ways 5 oz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had three Automag 22 MAgnums and sold them all. Terrible triggers and failure to feed and especially eject often. I have had several Kel Tech handguns and they have all been totally reliable. My sub compact 9mm is absolutely bullet proof.

BACK on topic, I just got my KelTech PMR30 and my first reaction is WOW! This thing is LIGHT! So far I love it, will shoot it a bit this weekend, and report back.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
justy,

My son-in-law is a huge Kel Tek fan and carries one everywhere in an ankle holster. He's had no probs with his. I carry a larger gun in a larger caliber and haven't had any probs either. I just feel safer my way.

We agree: guns in a toy box are about useless for anything as they are too light for even a boat anchor.

O

Too old to suffer fools
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Owned one for about two weeks. It was a POS.
Couldn't load mags. to full capacity would only take 21 rds. With 21 rds. in the mag. the slide would not go into battery.
With 15rds. or less slide would go into battery.
Of the number of rds. fired, I had a 23% success rate.
Weapon failed to fire, eject, extract, and at 20 yds. I was lucky if I could keep 30% in a 3" circle.
The place where I bought it said they took all of their mags. from display to check on the mag. capacity problem. They couldn't get more than 21 rds. in the mags. either.
Factory said "Oh you have an early model weapon. We had lots of problems with those. Send it back to us."
Yeah, right!!!!
If you don't believe me, Call the store: 804-642-9763 Ask for the "head dick or dick head" that's my term of endearment for the owner. Ask them about the weapon that "WEIRD" bought from them. They're fun people with which to deal.

Last edited by Dotman; 01/29/11.

The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, that was pretty vitriolic. I just shot mine and like it a lot. The owner of Kel Tech has put out lots of excellent guns like the PM9 that is in my pocket most of the time so your post mostly makes YOU look like an idiot. Owner has been posting on the Kel Tech owners website mentioned above about how they are correcting and fixing some of the early gun problems, Might want to actually mail your gun to them and give them a freakin CHANCE to give good customer support and service. A lemon or two will go out from any manufacturing company, even Mercedes Benz and such. What separates the good from the back is the frequency of such (Kel Tech stuff is usually fantastic) and how they handle problem items which, so far as I have seen and heard they have been doing quite well with. If you don't want to send it to them, I will buy it from you for a fair used gun price, or trade you something you want for it. Everyone who has seen mine wants one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,978
Posts18,480,844
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.