Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What color crayon did you use?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've seen the wood dowels and a rubber type round that would snap a 2x4. Wouldn't want to get hit with either.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
then they're good as new.

that's the problem....you'll just be dealing with them again, maybe after somebody's dead.

Pat is such a softie. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You KNOW what I'd like to do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LEO I can see NL rounds.

Military. ALl I can say is that if it calls for military, then kill the SOBs and don't even wound em. On the border would be a good start.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's just the modern technology. And all the pluses that go with it.

Don't worry. The Chinese will bring the real quality stuff to the table...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They work pretty good when you have somebody holding themselves hostage with a knife in the middle of the highway...which is not nearly as uncommon as most would think.

Wonder if a well aimed shot with a bean bag would preclude reproduction by said self-hostage takers whistle

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I called bean bag as soon as I saw it. Never quite understood the rationale for nonlethal loads in shotguns....if it's worth getting out the riot gun, it's worth stuffing it with something hard.

otherwise, just tase the dude and be done with it.

Pat Nailed it--Range to target. No reason to get stuck with a knife trying to use a taser. Bean 'em at 25 yards.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the Active Denial Microwave thingy for non-lethal crowd control.

Cause if they get to close to a shotgun they can stick their finger in the end of the barrel and wah lah you get the ol Elmer Fudd as seen above.

IMO
If they get close enough that a shotgun needs to be used they need to be shot.... frown

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
They work pretty good when you have somebody holding themselves hostage with a knife in the middle of the highway...which is not nearly as uncommon as most would think.

Wonder if a well aimed shot with a bean bag would preclude reproduction by said self-hostage takers whistle

In a case locally, a Psych-Episode dued with a knife took 12 bean bags and never really slowed down. He proceeded from 55 yards to 5 yards wihout losing balance.

Mr. Back-up officer shot the VCA at 5 yards with an AR--the two officers with bean bags flat ran out of ammo. Mr. Backup defended his fellow officers with 4 rounds to the chest--WITH NO EFFECT.

Fifth shot went into the hip girdle, broke the dude down, and he proceeded to die on his own schedule.

Flippin' bean bags shoulda killed him. But VCAs rarely cooperate.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 02/02/11.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
As we see the military morph into traditonal LEO roles in Afghanistan & Iraq, they will need those type tools as well.

Pat's comment about Benelli's struck a chord with me, my old agency dumped Benelli's to go BACK to 870's purely for the ability to function with all types of ammo under all types of conditions.

ihonda, your friend is one lucky dude! I bet he's nervous for a while!
Glad he wasn't hurt.
Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
BMT, how about the 72 year old man in CA about ten years ago who took a dozen bean-bag rounds before he got tired of being "stung" as he put it? laugh

He darned near died from the severe bruising, but still lived to stand trial. No drugs, just one tough, old hombre.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, we just bought 40 new 870's, just can't beat em.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like 870's, especially for police work. Too many people don't understand that it take a 1 1/8oz to reliably function a Benelli.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup, I'm mid-process of building another one. 14" Vang Comp barrel, Scattergun Technologies Rifle sights, Surefire forend, buttstock cut to 12" LOP, Decellerator pad, Sidesaddle on the left side of the receiver and another screwed to the right side of the buttstock, Ching Sling, and XL safety button.

Ed

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
BMT, how about the 72 year old man in CA about ten years ago who took a dozen bean-bag rounds before he got tired of being "stung" as he put it? laugh

He darned near died from the severe bruising, but still lived to stand trial. No drugs, just one tough, old hombre.

Ed

Yeah, some guys just don't get the concept . . . . grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like non lethal loads for wandering moose that won't get outa the yard.

glad I'm not in LE, if I point a shotgun at a human I reckon I'm spectin to shoot him barring him turning into a quivering mass of jello on the ground PDQ

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably prepping the military for citizen control in 2012..

grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Yup, I'm mid-process of building another one. 14" Vang Comp barrel, Scattergun Technologies Rifle sights, Surefire forend, buttstock cut to 12" LOP, Decellerator pad, Sidesaddle on the left side of the receiver and another screwed to the right side of the buttstock, Ching Sling, and XL safety button.

Ed

That sounds great. I'll bet that cut off piece could help me. :>)

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,614
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.