Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jwp475

My concern would be that a show like this could convince other "Jacks" out there that this long-range hunting is much easier than it really is. Is there some product (on the show) that is suppose to make this type of shooting less complicated?

Stupid is supposed to be painful

grin Good point.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Bring some elk shoulders and a pocket of hundred dollar bills out to Laramie. I will gladly light them up with Bergers. We can stop when you get tired of handing me bills. Deal?

Unlike you, I have experience shooting Bergers. My freezer thanks me.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Bring some elk shoulders and a pocket of hundred dollar bills out to Laramie. I will gladly light them up with Bergers. We can stop when you get tired of handing me bills. Deal?

Unlike you, I have experience shooting Bergers. My freezer thanks me.
..........Agree! I`ll be happy to join you along with "ANY" VLD detractor, relieve some of these VLD opponents from their money, taking a few 100s (Benjamins) myself.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Shouldn't you lil' fellars be out on the playground, trying to bully someone else. wink

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Shouldn't you lil' fellars be out on the playground, trying to bully someone else. wink
............Get over yourself. Nobody has or is bullying anybody!

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

How does one "bully" someone on the internet? Is the keyboard realy able to perform such a task?

AH the Drama of it all

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
............Get over yourself. Nobody has or is bullying anybody!

I assumed the discussions/disagreements could be kept half-way civil, without all the Neanderthal "wanna make a bet!" comments.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All depends on how a guy looks at it. If two friends are sitting around a fire and one fellow thinks his horse runs faster than the other fellow it only seems natural that a test would ensue and that there might be a few good natured wagers placed on the outcome.

Might even be how horse racing started. smile

Seem the same to some of us that if some guys want to say our bullet of choice bounces off elk shoulders we might be interested in a test and good natured wager. cool

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Mike has plenty of posts on this thread with no actual experience sending a Berger bullet into an elk shoulder.

Some of us have and would like to make a wager.

If Mike has a bad experience to share with us about popping elk with Bergers, I am more than interested in him sharing the details of said bad experience. Right now he is guessing...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mike has plenty of posts on this thread with no actual experience sending a Berger bullet into an elk shoulder.

Some of us have and would like to make a wager.

If Mike has a bad experience to share with us about popping elk with Bergers, I am more than interested in him sharing the details of said bad experience. Right now he is guessing...

If the Berger is more than a "cup and core", please let me know.

Until then, I have no interest in using one on a big game animal.

Why does that bother you?

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I tried, Smokepole tried... lets try one more time.

Why do you feel the need to comment and continue to comment on a thread about Berger bullets in the elk hunting forum when you have no, none, nada, zip experience shooting elk with a Berger bullet?

You are guessing at best.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Why do you feel the need to comment and continue to comment on a thread about Berger bullets in the elk hunting forum when you have no, none, nada, zip experience shooting elk with a Berger bullet?

If the Berger is more than a "cup and core", please let me know.

Until then, I have no interest in using one on a big game animal.

Why does that bother you?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The "I have used these bullets on game and you have not" argument is not valid. It still all stems from personal opinion.

A hunter could walk up to a kicking animal that has had the 'entrance' front shoulder turned to mush. In these days of Hollywood special effects, that hunter could be very impressed with the performance of his bullet. If the kicking animal dropped right there, the hunter could believe there is no better bullet out there. Quite possibly, this hypothetical has actually occurred in the field somewhere. wink

For me, that kind of terminal performance is not desirable.

There has been many head of game taken with VLD's. Undoubtedly, a good portion of those bullets performed great.

Again, my concern is with the bullets that have been shown to perform marginally (even if game was brought to bag).

My opinion or definition of marginal performance may differ from others. I do enjoy conducting penetration tests, which you are welcome to discount.

Please read this second time through.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

...........Because Werner has pre-conceived notions and opinions of what the proper elk bullet should be??? The "hunting" VLDs don`t qualify in his opinion.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

...........Because Werner has pre-conceived notions and opinions of what the proper elk bullet should be??? The "hunting" VLDs don`t qualify in his opinion.

Or, possibly a conceived notion of what an elk bullet should NOT be?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Or, possibly a conceived notion of what an elk bullet should NOT be?
..........What an elk bullet "should "NOT be" by your standards, doesn`t always apply to others.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
..........What an elk bullet "should "NOT be" by your standards, doesn`t always apply to others.

Understood.

Your argument is so convincing, I am going to call my congressman back and cancel my request that they 'outlaw' the Berger as a big game bullet in Iowa. grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Understood.

Your argument is so convincing, I am going to call my congressman back and cancel my request that they 'outlaw' the Berger as a big game bullet in Iowa. grin
.............If your congressman were to outlaw the VLD in Iowa, then he`s probably a damned liberal!.... laugh

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Can you even hunt with a rifle in an "I" state?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Understood.

.............If your congressman were to outlaw the VLD in Iowa, then he`s probably a damned liberal!.... laugh

That is a given, unfortunately.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 24 invisible), 1,261 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,942
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.