Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone that hunts should belong to SCI. The worlds largest organization protecting hunters rights. SCI is not just about African hunting. Lobbying efforts support waterfowl, upland birds, small game,& of course, big game. SCI supports Wounded Warriors/veterans, handicapped hunters, the blind (Sensory Safari), youth hunting, anti-poaching, & wildlife education. Two programs that most hunters know nothing about has a significant impact. All chapters send educators, mostly HS teachers, to the American Wilderness Leadership School in Wyoming to learn about wildlife. Teachers learn the value of hunting in managing a species & have an opportunity to shoot a bow, ML, handgun, rifle, & fish. If our teachers are anti-hunting it has a major effect on our kids. Safari In A Box provides wildlife education material as well as pelts, animal skulls, copies of tracks, teeth, tusks, etc. My chapter donates 3-4 boxes/year even in liberal DC, Maryland, & Northern Virginia. SCI has a lobby center on Capital Hill with attorneys in daily contact with USF&W & Congress to support legislation favorable to hunters & fight anti-hunting & restrictive laws. The best $75 any hunter will ever spend. Every hunter at least should belong to SCI & the NRA.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
I still just have a problem getting over/around SCI's "legitimizing"/recognizing high-fence/canned hunt "trophies" and supporting the same as hunting.

tbear, by all means, let's take this to a PM thread; I'm willing to learn and change my mind/stance, if you can convince me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NRA, JPFO, St. Vincent dePaul Society & Knights of Columbus here.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Freedom Riders..I realize all are volunteers but if they were in need of donations I surely would support them..These guys do a tremendous service in keeping idiot protesters away from grieving families laying their heroic warriors to rest..God bless them all for a service above and beyond the call!!!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I still just have a problem getting over/around SCI's "legitimizing"/recognizing high-fence/canned hunt "trophies" and supporting the same as hunting.

tbear, by all means, let's take this to a PM thread; I'm willing to learn and change my mind/stance, if you can convince me.

+ SCI's involvement w/OoA. I forgot to mention the DSC (Dallas Safari Club) that I belong to and support.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
National Trappers Association. Trappers are a vulnerable and endangered species. They are a relatively easy target for the antis, but the head of the slippery slope for us all.

Uganda orphans fund - http://www.ugandaorphans.com/ - started by Duncan Hill founder of Hill Rod and Gun in Bozeman MT.

Of course, many of those already listed. Important thread.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I say we support the oldest profession in N.America(prostitution). Here is one of many....

http://www.bayswan.org/PONY.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NRA
TSRA
SAF
Delta Waterfowl.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by T LEE
NRA, JPFO, St. Vincent dePaul Society & Knights of Columbus here.

Unfortunately, Aaron Zelman has passed away, and I think JPFO was pretty much a one man show. So, I don't know its status now?

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Some excellent groups suggested.

I am a bit surprised (perhaps I shouldn't be) to see the dearth of suggestions for/around land conservation groups and/or any "environmental" (for lack of a better term) organizations outside of the TU/DU style groups.

Of course, I'd not be surprised to see a lack of sporting orgs suggested amongst their supporters, either.

A divide that, perhaps, ought not be there or at least as wide as it is?

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
RMEF.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Stush
GOA, in addition to the NRA and SAF

What's GOA?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
GOA = "Gun Owners of America"

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D.U. Ducks Unlimited.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Some excellent groups suggested.

I am a bit surprised (perhaps I shouldn't be) to see the dearth of suggestions for/around land conservation groups and/or any "environmental" (for lack of a better term) organizations outside of the TU/DU style groups.

Of course, I'd not be surprised to see a lack of sporting orgs suggested amongst their supporters, either.

A divide that, perhaps, ought not be there or at least as wide as it is?
A very VERY good point and let me make a suggestion then. Many land conservation groups are either explicity, or quietly anti-hunting. Some in fact or anti-human. Meaning, they are all about saving land for critters but in way too many cases do NOT want a human footprint on that land. Yet they often use OUR funds (public tax dollars) to enforce their misguided ideals. I will not call them out specifically but simply encourage people to research the groups they support and/or those they think are doing us (outdoorsmen and women, the REAL stewards of the land and creatures) a favor and what they are actually doing.
Let me suggest "The Trust For Public Land." http://www.tpl.org/ They specifically have as their mission "Land for People". They have added thousands of acres of huntable lands to WMAs (Wildlife Management areas which are Georgia's state managed hunting lands)and the like in my state alone and are indeed a good friend of us, the "hook and bullet crowd". They support other conservation uses, such as parks, working lands (farms) etc...
They are currently the only outdoors related organization I support. I have supported DU, RMEF, etc... previously.
If anyone knows of another (non critter specific) land conservation organization that supports lands for hunting and fishing uses I'd love to hear about it.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Freedom Riders..I realize all are volunteers but if they were in need of donations I surely would support them..These guys do a tremendous service in keeping idiot protesters away from grieving families laying their heroic warriors to rest..God bless them all for a service above and beyond the call!!!

+1 Great group of guys! I used to be on Funeral Details as an NCO, and these guys were a tremendous relief to both the families and to us Soldiers. They helped keep us from beating down a group of protesters in the street.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The fur industry.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
in regards to TNC pro hunting policies http://www.animalpeoplenews.org/07/10/mccormickquits10_07.html

wonder is all the bunny huggers that support TNC are aware of this?

more good stuff
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/AR_Orgs/proHuntWildlifeOrgs.htm

ML

Last edited by Mntngoat; 02/16/11.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

[Linked Image] Steve

"He wins the most, who honor saves. Success is not the test"--Ryan

Blog: http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=71
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
in regards to TNC pro hunting policies http://www.animalpeoplenews.org/07/10/mccormickquits10_07.html

wonder is all the bunny huggers that support TNC are aware of this?

more good stuff
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/AR_Orgs/proHuntWildlifeOrgs.htm

ML
There is a reason 'bunny huggers' support them. Umm.... think about what you just posted. A 3 1/2 year old article about a pro-hunting (as defined by a self admitted anti-hunting group) president LEAVING and an article by an anti hunting terrorist organziation that labels Audubon Society, the National Wildlife Federation, the Nature Conservancy, the Sierra Club, the World Wildlife Foundation as PRO hunting! shocked (That is a cut and paste of organizations from their website, not my edited list.)

I do believe this is a classic case of .... "consider the source". wink

My point, and I didn't intend to name any organizations in particular, about TNC is this. Yes they allow hunting on SOME of their properties but I honestly believe they view hunters as 'useful idiots'. Meaning, you give them something (free labor etc.) and they 'may' allow 'some' hunting on 'some' of their lands IF and... this is key... it fits in with their agenda. The problem is, their agenda is generally one of protecting a particular NON-GAME species or habitat specific to that species. It is never about conserving "hunting lands". Now please don't misunderstand, butterflies need protecting too.... wink but I believe the point of the thread was about which organizations are the MOST deserving of hunters dollars.
I think TNC is a great organization that does great things for land conservation and have a personal pending transactino with them. No, they are not perfect nor is any other org. But should they be the first place for HUNTING dollars for land conservation? I think there are better places.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.